Financial Advisor (Mississauga& Brampton)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
We are looking to attract financial advisors who have a strong work ethic and a genuine desire to help our clients reach their financial goals. We believe our compensation model of a fair salary plus bonus in conjunction with an extensive employee benefit package including a pension plan will exceed the needs of any potential candidate.
The structure of a professional team provides a working environment that supports individual growth, education and overall job satisfaction. This model presents a solution for advisors looking for income stability and transitioning advisors who are looking to retire/sell their book of business and keep the best interests for their clients.
Our branches in Mississauga and Brampton employ teams of seasoned professionals. This office and the Financial Advisors are responsible for providing clients with advice on financial matters; making recommendations to assist clients in meeting their financial goals, including advising clients on products and services available to best meet their specific needs all with the support of a focused Retail Sales and Marketing team.
The incumbent is responsible for identifying, prospecting and developing new clients and referrals, while maintaining superior service with existing branch clients. As a member of the branch team, the Financial Advisor is accountable for achieving monthly sales and revenue branch objectives while working in conjunction with the team of specialists to ensure all client needs are met.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales targets and revenue objectives assigned
- Acquire and maintain superior product knowledge on a variety of wealth management
- Identify new and/or existing sales opportunities
- Increase Desjardins Financial Security product penetration among new and existing clients
- Conduct thorough reviews of clients’ financial circumstances; recommend appropriate
financial strategies to clients; assist clients in making informed decisions and thereby
contribute to established branch sales targets and revenue objectives.
- Proactively participate in branch initiatives including:
- specific sales strategies to ensure revenue targets are met
- strategies to recruit new branch clients
- strategies to retain existing clients
- campaigns and promotions
- Maintain appropriate licensing, qualifications and registrations with the appropriate regulators
- Maintain a thorough understanding and awareness of internal policies, procedures and new
- Responsible for ongoing professional development
- Achieve and maintain strong industry product knowledge and industry legislation
understanding through mandated continuing education requirements
- Work Experience, Licensing and Registration Requirements:
- A minimum of two years in the financial services industry and a minimum of 2 years as a Life I
Insurance Agent in good standing in the province of Ontario.
- Life License, Accident and Sickness is mandatory.
- Coaching offered for new recruits during their studies
- Ongoing revision conducted by the sales managers
- Free one week residential training program offered to selected advisors
- Ability to initiate and maintain strong client relationships
- Adhere to high moral and professional integrity
- High service standards and work ethic
- Sales driven with the ability to source new business opportunities
- Adaptability to changing markets and servicing requirements
- Ability to work independently as well as in team structure
- Highly motivated attitude, persistence; and works well under pressure
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Pleasant personality
: Sales and Business Development
: ON-Greater Toronto Area – Mississauga, Brampton
#200, 2399 Cawthra Road, Mississauga, ON, L5A2W9