Desire2Learn Incorporated

Desire2Learn Incorporated Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A growing company need to be more strategically focused
Product Manager - Learning Platform & UX Platform (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Great company with many inventions. Fast paced. Need to be more focused strategically.
Young and Fun
Graphic Designer and Web Specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ON CanadaNovember 27, 2013
Pros: amazing benifits, on site messages, free health snacks and coffee, amazing social committee, open concept office space
Cons: salary and long hours when needed, but if we had to stay late the company bought us dinner :)
I loved working at Desire2Learn, I have never worked with a group of such open, loving and dedicated people.

The staff there were like a family to me, very close knit and funny. Everyone worked together towards a common goal and I really felt I was part of something making a positive change in the world.

You can make your own hours, if you like to – more... come in at 9 - 10 am or 6 am, which was great.

I really enjoyed collaborating and feeling that my opinions and suggestions mattered. – less
If you're looking, look elsewhere...
Manager (Current Employee), KitchenerOctober 2, 2012
Pros: snacks, nice peers, very very young culture (good and bad)
Cons: 1. poor inexperienced executive 2. poor training 3. poor definition of duties
This place operates like a low grade start up even though it has almost 400 employees now. 60-80 hour work weeks are the norm. Probably a good place for someone straight out of school, but not good for anyone who has experience - have heard someone say it's a bunch of 30 year olds bossing around a bunch of 20 year olds. Pretty accurate but they are – more... hiring some more experience - the exec is still a bunch of inexperienced hacks though.

Terrible onboarding process - you would think a "learning management System" company could have some proper training in place. I continuously see new people struggling, and no takes the time to help them. I've tried, but there are no processes in place. It's fairly sad. They don't eat their own dog food as the saying goes. – less

Desire2Learn Incorporated Photos