DesignAID is a humanitarian and social innovation organization, working with collaborators and partners in North America, Europe and Asia.
For our Scandinavian, Northern European and Asian partner communications and deliverables, we are looking for a candidate with working proficiency in English, German, Danish and/or Swedish.
DesignAID provides product and service solution in a co-creative environment with stakeholders and partner organizations for underserved communities in low resource settings.
The successful applicant for this position must possess:
- Workshop skills to create product models, prototype and innovative material solutions. The skills include operation of hand tools, lathes, CNC mills, laser cutters, 3D-printers and welding equipment.
- The candidate should posses a basic knowledge of the BC design industry, with potential connections to manufacturing and rapid prototyping.
- The candidate must have experience with software for design visualization. Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection, Solidworks, Alias Autodesk, Keyshot or similar rendering applications, and the Windows office suite, both on PC and Mac platforms.
- Create 3D models, prototypes, sketches, and proof of concept models that effectively communicate design intent.
- Create rendering for internal and external presentation materials
- Participate in marketing research activities. Translate observations from field research, ethnography, and focus groups into concept sketches and drawings.
- Video editing and audio composing for video production are mandatory.
- Project Management skills with a minimum of two year experience are also required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment is essential, with a high degree of flexibility and tolerance of change.
- For marketing purposes the candidate must have work experience within graphic/visual design and creation of brand identity for individual initiatives and sub-projects, as well as management and planning for workshops, promotional and fundraising events.
- Travel experience and real life knowledge of humanitarian project challenges in a culturally relevant context is a plus.
- Minimum educational requirements are a BFA degree in Industrial design.
For more information about DesignAID, please visit http://designaid.org
Indeed - 8 months ago
DesignAID is a humanitarian and social innovation organization working in underserved low resource settings both locally and globally. We...