Industry: Oil & Gas
Design Group is currently searching for a Manager of Cost and Schedule for our client, a leader in the transport and distribution of energy products throughout North America.
The successful candidate will oversee the project management support area responsible for monitoring and reporting of cost and scheduling activities for the department. This includes directing a team of professional analysts and technical specialists in providing cost management and scheduling support throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and start-up stages of the project lifecycle. The manager will also define and provide input into implementing processes and practices related to major project’s cost and scheduling activities.
Provides complex project management related technical support and leadership to the project by:
· Managing a team of project controls analysts and schedule specialists responsible for developing and achieving specific deliverables for the project in accordance with Major Projects’ cost and scheduling processes.
· Ensuring the project team leverages the company’s cost and scheduling processes in the execution of their project management activities.
· Assigning priorities to complex, multiple, competing projects by effectively prioritizing work assignments and allocating resources while managing stakeholder expectations.
· Working closely with the PMO and the Financial Services department and liaising with other project leaders to develop, implement and manage business processes and practices. Adapt strategies, when necessary, to meet the needs of projects managed by the department.
· Driving for superior organizational results by understanding the industry, the company’s established business metrics, and how they relate to the objectives of the organization.
· Preparing reports, presentations and providing support to senior management regarding the state of projects or specific project management issues and programs.
· Develop and implement processes, procedures, systems, deliverables and activities related to cost control on the Project Portfolio. Ensure timely and accurate completion of cost reports that are used by the project team to make critical financial decisions.
· Lead the ongoing development, progressing, analysis and reporting of a fully integrated master schedule for the entire scope of both pipeline and facilities on the Project Portfolio. Develop, communicate, and gain general support for an overall vision related to the project scheduling function. Applying leadership and people skills in managing human resources by encouraging staff development, providing motivation and ensuring staff are provided with mentoring and career development opportunities. This includes ongoing performance management, employee recruitment and employee retention activities.
· General accountabilities include ensuring that the team’s processes are aligned with the company’s business practices as well as with Major Project’s goals and objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
· University degree in a related discipline.
· Professional registration as an engineer or equivalent professional accounting designation.
· A minimum of fifteen years of directly related experience, including eight years in a leadership role.
· Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers, internal and external stakeholders. Strong written communications abilities, including good spelling and grammar are essential for this position.
· Possess an aptitude for successfully building relationships with employees, internal stakeholders, vendors and service providers.
· Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Click the Apply link or button and follow the instructions to submit your resume, preferably in Microsoft Word format. You resume will be received by Joseph Greenwood and those candidates selected for an interview will be contact via telephone.