Dermalogica Employee Reviews

Great opportunities and environment
International Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey6 March 2017
I have worked with Dermalogica for the past 13 years, both in roles in the UK and Australia. If you love the brand and believe in the company direction, there are many opportunities for those who show the right skills.
I first heard of the brand when I was working as a skin therapist, and always loved the education they provided. On joining the company, I worked hard in mastering each job that was offered to me, and because of this I have learnt how to be a salon manager, education trainer and operations manager. I now have the best job, working with our International Distributors.
The people who work at Dermalogica are all very passionate about the brand, and therefore remain in the company for a long time. This can mean that it can take some time to progress in your career, but there are opportunities for those who want it.
Pros
Dynamic and ever-changing focus means no 2 days are the same
Cons
The job sometimes demands long hours, but then I enjoy the work, so it's not so bad
Training bad and poor management skills
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX14 December 2016
This retail position is a throw away job. No advancement and they use you up in corporate . They do not care about part time retail positions . Watch your back the managers throw you under the bus
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, bad training and managers, no advancement
Great products, horrible managers
Skin Therapist (Former Employee) –  Midland9 January 2017
Enjoyed products but management talk to you and make you feel dumb, uncomfortable and left out. Horrible atmosphere and makes you dread going to work. HR don't help
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Everything else
Amazing team spirit
Instructor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2017
Wonderful to work for a company with a strong vision of success for female entrepreneurs. Great products, amazing training and encouragement. Best of all, a wonderful team spirit. Feel I have found my perfect job!
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
None!
Overworked, under compensated and stressed out daily
Sales (Current Employee) –  Carson, CA21 December 2012
Dermalogica in the past few months has become even more difficult to work for with the hiring of the new Sales VP. They have unrealistic expectations of their sales staff. Very large territories, quarterly changes in compensation that makes difficult to earn any commission so you are working for a very very low base, constant stress, more than twice daily someone in management sends out our numbers. Very reactionary not strategic or long term planners. Constant firedrills.

If you are looking for the a job in sales, please do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. It is impossible to do the job they demand of us in 60hrs a week and trust me they do not pay well enough for anyone to work 60hrs a week.
Pros
monthly free product allocation
Cons
stress, senior management, compensation plan, poor benefits.
It consumes your life
Skin therapist (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2016
I would never recommend this company anymore to work for. There is no respect or help. If you work for them your the last to be trained but penalised for it. The commission structure doesn't help staff sell the products, and sadly that's the job. Your not a skin therapist ur a sales person. It used to be about educating the customer and helping them. Last year that changed to push the product, push more, if you don't hit this unrealistic target then your not being dermalogica. It used to be l lovely place to work with a strong team that helped each other now it's a cut throat all about me my figures my sale. Which is silly coz the company's reputation is being tarnished and sales will go down because people don't like being pushed.
There is also no progression unless you are family or best friend with the interviewer. Management make the place worse, having unsecdualed admin time when ever they feel like it, lack of presence on counter, unable to assist staff when needed always late. Lack of training from them and for them. This was a company who never advertised for jobs people flocked to them. That's not the case anymore.
Pros
The products and if your on a good team the people (not including management)
Cons
Unsociable hours, little respect for consistent Rotas, pay, management, the company has lost its way
Good
Trained in (Former Employee) –  Derby19 September 2016
I was trained in Dermalogica as part of being employed as a beauty therapist at Jackie Walkers, enabling me to offer advise and treatment of a superior skin care product to my clients
Great company to work for!
Account Manager and Buisness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NY7 September 2016
Had the amazing opportunity to work here, only left to start a family. Learned a lot, met great people its just a really well run company.
Productive and fun position!
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA7 October 2015
This position will open up many doors to account coordinator positions. Great company to work with. Great benefits! I feel good to be in charge of 8 stores in my market/territory. I love to help people and help build business.
Pros
Independant, Fun, Discount Perks
Cons
None at the moment
Productive and fun work place. Great team to work with.
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville KY10 August 2013
Dermalogica is a great work place with one of the best teams I have ever worked with. We get the job done and still enjoy our time.
Pros
Long lunches, Great supervisors. Great team.
Cons
compensation and expensive benefits for a family plan
Highly productive, stressful and fun at times
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP13 August 2013
* Admin in the morning, pack for an event and drive to skin care center or consumer related venue to do brand activation
*Strong communication skills; Attention to detail when doing monthly reports; Persuasive communication; The importance of sales target and consumer education
*highly competitive; hard working; team players
*Long hours
*sales & marketing
Pros
Product allowance
Cons
long hours and no extra hours paid
Family over Business should be the name
Customer Service Representative-Returns (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA9 January 2015
a normal day is answer calls and loooking up information for customers that would like to return products or missing products. i also handle the consumer line.
I learned everything in my whole department so if i need to help out and be a team player.
The management is awful-they only care about make job easier on family and close friends.The company have people in position to do job that they company pass over to customer service with no extra pay.
The hardest part of the job is making sure the policy of the company is consistent (everybody is giving different answer to accounts or consumers). There is no support system!
The most enjoyable part is when a customer is happy with the results of the call. When a customer calls back with a thank you.
Pros
I like helping people
Cons
mirco management, no room for growth unless you are relate to the manager, no support system and over work
Too much falls through the cracks
Educator (Current Employee) –  United States17 December 2015
Very unorganized and not qualified people in management. Not realistic expectations. I was hired under a certain agreement and within 3 months that changed and I was expected to teach and study an unrealistic amount.
Pros
allocation
Cons
many
Fantastic Company
National Accounts Ulta Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 December 2015
I have been in LOVE with Dermalogica for years. Now I finally get to be a part of the culture! How exciting!!!! Thank you Dermalogica for the best in everything you do.
excellent pay and benefits
Sales Manager md & de (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD27 February 2013
Company doesn't know what to do either stay in professional area or go retail! Horrible company as far as job security and upper manager don't know what they are doing other sales rep know more than management.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
company not together with real life situations
Unprofessional!!
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA7 July 2014
Managers are not Professional! especially in the the I.T. dept. They do not support you or what they say and don't mean what they say. Employees get stuck and can't advance or get out. WALK AWAY! People leave making way more money!
Pros
Nice facility and Majority of the staff are nice.
Cons
Poor, Poor management skills. Unprofessional attitudes.
my review..
REGIONAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX31 January 2014
Great products, marketing support, Education is exceptional, great support from my fellow team members.
Pros
Founder and Owner Jane is very inspirational and the product is great
Cons
No work life balence, Pushed hard to make sales quotas.
Education, Support and Marketing Materials
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA28 January 2014
I would meet with Salon Owners, Physicians and their staff to help them to set goals and achieve them. This was accomplished by continuing education for their skin care therapist and training employees on our retail line. I especially enjoyed working with students training to become skin care therapist. Often I was able to match the top students with my accounts we would work together to grow their clientele.
Pros
Great Sales Training
Cons
nothing it is a great place to work
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson26 January 2015
Great place to work for someone start out of school. Lots of opportunities and advancements. Had great growth here. Wish them all the best.
Hard work and very long hours
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  California26 May 2012
A very stressful place to work. Unreal expectations. No work life balence.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dermalogica. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9