Dermalogica Employee Reviews

Productive and fast pace always something new happening
Education Registrar (Current Employee) –  Carson, CA13 September 2017
I learned plenty in regards to working face to face with clients and students, as well as working closely with my team.
I had the opportunity to attend customer service as well as additional workshops.
Pros
product allocation, fitness classes
Cons
short breaks, not many openings for growth
Good place to start
Jr. Designer; Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA14 April 2017
Came here as a fledging designer right out of school. Good experience learning on the job soup-to-nuts: print, web, production. Teamwork in in-house environment is cohesive and friendly. Some people find Dermalogica a great place to stay, see long time employees here as well.
Great opportunities and environment
International Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey6 March 2017
I have worked with Dermalogica for the past 13 years, both in roles in the UK and Australia. If you love the brand and believe in the company direction, there are many opportunities for those who show the right skills.
I first heard of the brand when I was working as a skin therapist, and always loved the education they provided. On joining the company, I worked hard in mastering each job that was offered to me, and because of this I have learnt how to be a salon manager, education trainer and operations manager. I now have the best job, working with our International Distributors.
The people who work at Dermalogica are all very passionate about the brand, and therefore remain in the company for a long time. This can mean that it can take some time to progress in your career, but there are opportunities for those who want it.
Pros
Dynamic and ever-changing focus means no 2 days are the same
Cons
The job sometimes demands long hours, but then I enjoy the work, so it's not so bad
Amazing team spirit
Instructor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2017
Wonderful to work for a company with a strong vision of success for female entrepreneurs. Great products, amazing training and encouragement. Best of all, a wonderful team spirit. Feel I have found my perfect job!
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
None!
Great products, horrible managers
Skin Therapist (Former Employee) –  Midland9 January 2017
Enjoyed products but management talk to you and make you feel dumb, uncomfortable and left out. Horrible atmosphere and makes you dread going to work. HR don't help
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Everything else
Training bad and poor management skills
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX14 December 2016
This retail position is a throw away job. No advancement and they use you up in corporate . They do not care about part time retail positions . Watch your back the managers throw you under the bus
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, bad training and managers, no advancement
Good
Trained in (Former Employee) –  Derby19 September 2016
I was trained in Dermalogica as part of being employed as a beauty therapist at Jackie Walkers, enabling me to offer advise and treatment of a superior skin care product to my clients
Great company to work for!
Account Manager and Buisness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NY7 September 2016
Had the amazing opportunity to work here, only left to start a family. Learned a lot, met great people its just a really well run company.
attendre de voir ce qu'Unilever va en faire
CHEF DE SECTEUR (Former Employee) –  SUD29 August 2016
Une entreprise dont les produits sont haut de gamme et ont surement de l'avenir. Leader sur le marché américain.
Une équipe Hollandaise qui n'a pas compris comment le marché français fonctionne.
Vient d'être rachetée par Unilever.... la distribution va certainement changer. (?) On peut supposer que les moyens seront mis cette fois dans le développement de la France.

L'équipe Hollandaise vous fait évoluer sur certains points et est exigeante, mais il y a un réel problème de communication, voire de compréhension.
Un DR pointilleux et qui n'a confiance en personne. Brillant pour la Hollande mais qui s'est planté sur la France.

Une équipe Hollandaise dédiée à la marque et très professionnelle.
J'ai beaucoup apprécié de les rencontrer et de les voir évoluer.
Suis partie , à regret sur le moment. Mais on y perd son latin.
It consumes your life
Skin therapist (Former Employee) –  London17 June 2016
I would never recommend this company anymore to work for. There is no respect or help. If you work for them your the last to be trained but penalised for it. The commission structure doesn't help staff sell the products, and sadly that's the job. Your not a skin therapist ur a sales person. It used to be about educating the customer and helping them. Last year that changed to push the product, push more, if you don't hit this unrealistic target then your not being dermalogica. It used to be l lovely place to work with a strong team that helped each other now it's a cut throat all about me my figures my sale. Which is silly coz the company's reputation is being tarnished and sales will go down because people don't like being pushed.
There is also no progression unless you are family or best friend with the interviewer. Management make the place worse, having unsecdualed admin time when ever they feel like it, lack of presence on counter, unable to assist staff when needed always late. Lack of training from them and for them. This was a company who never advertised for jobs people flocked to them. That's not the case anymore.
Pros
The products and if your on a good team the people (not including management)
Cons
Unsociable hours, little respect for consistent Rotas, pay, management, the company has lost its way
Fantastic Company
National Accounts Ulta Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 December 2015
I have been in LOVE with Dermalogica for years. Now I finally get to be a part of the culture! How exciting!!!! Thank you Dermalogica for the best in everything you do.
Too much falls through the cracks
Educator (Current Employee) –  United States17 December 2015
Very unorganized and not qualified people in management. Not realistic expectations. I was hired under a certain agreement and within 3 months that changed and I was expected to teach and study an unrealistic amount.
Pros
allocation
Cons
many
Productive and fun position!
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA7 October 2015
This position will open up many doors to account coordinator positions. Great company to work with. Great benefits! I feel good to be in charge of 8 stores in my market/territory. I love to help people and help build business.
Pros
Independant, Fun, Discount Perks
Cons
None at the moment
too much expected from staff, favouritism from manegment
Skin Therapist (Current Employee) –  London, ENG10 June 2015
Overall a good job and rewarding, benefits were good. Management have poor skills and little care for staff. antisocial hours and poor holiday allowence
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson26 January 2015
Great place to work for someone start out of school. Lots of opportunities and advancements. Had great growth here. Wish them all the best.
Family over Business should be the name
Customer Service Representative-Returns (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA9 January 2015
a normal day is answer calls and loooking up information for customers that would like to return products or missing products. i also handle the consumer line.
I learned everything in my whole department so if i need to help out and be a team player.
The management is awful-they only care about make job easier on family and close friends.The company have people in position to do job that they company pass over to customer service with no extra pay.
The hardest part of the job is making sure the policy of the company is consistent (everybody is giving different answer to accounts or consumers). There is no support system!
The most enjoyable part is when a customer is happy with the results of the call. When a customer calls back with a thank you.
Pros
I like helping people
Cons
mirco management, no room for growth unless you are relate to the manager, no support system and over work
Customer service advisor
Customer services advisor (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey24 November 2014
A typical day in my current position as a customer service advisor is to start work at 8.30 answering enquiries from existing customers and new potential leads.
I continually process orders and take payments and give advice over the phone as required.
It is a fast paced environment where all our calls are logged, we work well as a busy team and finish at 4.30pm
very good exposure and learning with good social contacts
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Islamabad, PIS27 October 2014
every day is a new day here
i have learned how to deal, pressure handling.
managerial skills enhanced
having doctors and other helping staff
dealing with women's and doctors
dealing with womens
Unprofessional!!
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA7 July 2014
Managers are not Professional! especially in the the I.T. dept. They do not support you or what they say and don't mean what they say. Employees get stuck and can't advance or get out. WALK AWAY! People leave making way more money!
Pros
Nice facility and Majority of the staff are nice.
Cons
Poor, Poor management skills. Unprofessional attitudes.
my review..
REGIONAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX31 January 2014
Great products, marketing support, Education is exceptional, great support from my fellow team members.
Pros
Founder and Owner Jane is very inspirational and the product is great
Cons
No work life balence, Pushed hard to make sales quotas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dermalogica. Our community is ready to answer.