Dermalogica

Dermalogica Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), CarsonJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work for someone start out of school. Lots of opportunities and advancements. Had great growth here. Wish them all the best.
Family over Business should be the name
Customer Service Representative-Returns (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: i like helping people
Cons: mirco management, no room for growth unless you are relate to the manager, no support system and over work
a normal day is answer calls and loooking up information for customers that would like to return products or missing products. i also handle the consumer line.
I learned everything in my whole department so if i need to help out and be a team player.
The management is awful-they only care about make job easier on family and close friends.The company have people in position to do job that they company pass over to customer service with no extra pay.
The hardest part of the job is making sure the policy of the company is consistent (everybody is giving different answer to accounts or consumers). There is no support system!
The most enjoyable part is when a customer is happy with the results of the call. When a customer calls back with a thank you.
Customer service advisor
Customer services advisor (Current Employee), Leatherhead, SurreyNovember 24, 2014
A typical day in my current position as a customer service advisor is to start work at 8.30 answering enquiries from existing customers and new potential leads.
I continually process orders and take payments and give advice over the phone as required.
It is a fast paced environment where all our calls are logged, we work well as a busy team and finish at 4.30pm
very good exposure and learning with good social contacts
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee), Islamabad, PISOctober 27, 2014
every day is a new day here
i have learned how to deal, pressure handling.
managerial skills enhanced
having doctors and other helping staff
dealing with women's and doctors
dealing with womens
Unprofessional!!
Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: nice facility and majority of the staff are nice.
Cons: poor, poor management skills. unprofessional attitudes.
Managers are not Professional! especially in the the I.T. dept. They do not support you or what they say and don't mean what they say. Employees get stuck and can't advance or get out. WALK AWAY! People leave making way more money!
my review..
REGIONAL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: founder and owner jane is very inspirational and the product is great
Cons: no work life balence, pushed hard to make sales quotas.
Great products, marketing support, Education is exceptional, great support from my fellow team members.
Education, Support and Marketing Materials
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great sales training
Cons: nothing it is a great place to work
I would meet with Salon Owners, Physicians and their staff to help them to set goals and achieve them. This was accomplished by continuing education for their skin care therapist and training employees on our retail line. I especially enjoyed working with students training to become skin care therapist. Often I was able to match the top students with my accounts we would work together to grow their clientele.
Highly productive, stressful and fun at times
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 13, 2013
Pros: product allowance
Cons: long hours and no extra hours paid
* Admin in the morning, pack for an event and drive to skin care center or consumer related venue to do brand activation
*Strong communication skills; Attention to detail when doing monthly reports; Persuasive communication; The importance of sales target and consumer education
*highly competitive; hard working; team players
*Long hours
*sales & marketing
Observing Botox and Dermal Fillers
Therapist (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 12, 2013
Observing botox and dermal filler procedures.
I learned how to deal with clients if I ever go into this field of work.
Quite a demanding job but enjoyable if you are determined.
Productive and fun work place. Great team to work with.
Order Processor (Current Employee), Louisville KYAugust 10, 2013
Pros: long lunches, great supervisors. great team.
Cons: compensation and expensive benefits for a family plan
Dermalogica is a great work place with one of the best teams I have ever worked with. We get the job done and still enjoy our time.
excellent pay and benefits
Sales Manager md & de (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: company not together with real life situations
Company doesn't know what to do either stay in professional area or go retail! Horrible company as far as job security and upper manager don't know what they are doing other sales rep know more than management.
Overworked, under compensated and stressed out daily
Sales (Current Employee), Carson, CADecember 21, 2012
Pros: monthly free product allocation
Cons: stress, senior management, compensation plan, poor benefits.
Dermalogica in the past few months has become even more difficult to work for with the hiring of the new Sales VP. They have unrealistic expectations of their sales staff. Very large territories, quarterly changes in compensation that makes difficult to earn any commission so you are working for a very very low base, constant stress, more than twice daily someone in management sends out our numbers. Very reactionary not strategic or long term planners. Constant firedrills.

If you are looking for the a job in sales, please do yourself a favor and look somewhere else. It is impossible to do the job they demand of us in 60hrs a week and trust me they do not pay well enough for anyone to work 60hrs a week.
Productive environment for people on the move
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), JohannesburgDecember 5, 2012
Pros: staff prices
Cons: no proper training offered to new employees
I work with business consultants nationally, so I must always be informed of what all of them are up to so that i can be able to support them when neccessary. I have learnt communication and coordination in this position than any other position I have worked in.
Wonderful accounts
Account Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free samples
Cons: no exclusivity
Hard to handle all the accounts in a multi state territory. Products were great!
Hard work and very long hours
Sales Manager (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 26, 2012
Pros: a pay check
Cons: stress
A very stressful place to work. Unreal expectations. No work life balence.
picker/packer
picker (Former Employee), riverport kyMay 22, 2012
picked and packed cosmedic products to be shipped out.
used an RF gun
the management was great
all my co workers got along very good

About Dermalogica

Dermalogica continues to dominate the professional skin care industry with distribution in over 80 countries. Known worldwide – Read more