The DermEdge™ team is growing and is searching for a medical receptionist to be part of the front-line of our business. This position will be part time at first, with the opportunity to phase into a full time position based on merit and demand.
Our receptionist will set the tone for each patient’s experience, as being one of comfort and top-quality care. We seek an outgoing, friendly, and enthusiastic individual with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to join our team.
We are looking for the following skill-set:
- Previous medical receptionist experience in a medical setting
- University degree (not College)
- Computer savvy--Proficient in MS Office, web browsing and email applications
- Experience with EMR (Optimed) and electronic OHIP data transfer is an asset
- Experience in office administration, aesthetics, marketing is an asset, in addition to your medical setting expertise
- A multitasker in a fast paced environment who can maintain client experience and composure as a priority
- Polite, cheerful, friendly, and well-spoken
- Able to adapt quickly to changing processes and new procedures
- A team player, who can take initiative and implement creative solutions to problems
- Detail-oriented and hard-working
- Answer telephones, schedule appointments, and route calls to physicians and staff
- Greet patients cordially, document personal information, and direct them to appropriate waiting areas
- Escort patients to treatment rooms once available
- Manage patient flow in waiting room
- Enter test results into patient’s EMR
- Sort and allocate incoming and send outgoing mail
- Send and route incoming faxes to recipients
- Attend regular meetings to report on workplace efficiency and emerging issues
- Collaborate with operations manager to optimize administrative procedures
- Prepare and stock rooms
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Verify OHIP billing
- General office organization and administrative tasks
- Assist in updating our social media profile
- Additional responsibilities will be added as the clinic grows and diversifies
DermEdge™ is an equal-opportunity employer, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DermEdge™ is a full-service dermatology centre located in Mississauga’s trendy Port Credit village. DermEdge™ is a newly constructed, state-of-the-art, 3500 square foot facility that sees a high volume of patients. The DermEdge™ team consists of medical dermatologists, surgeons, clinical trial coordinators, laser technicians, nurses, and other medical and non-medical personnel.