Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Volunteer in Direct Engagement Team
Volunteer in Direct Engagement Team (Current Employee) –  Alfreton, ENG27 September 2015
This is fantastic place. I love to work with all fire-fighters and they are like a family. Even I am volunteer, they treat me as a full member of team. I recently started and I had only few occasions to work with them. I am sure it will be successful place. I am very proud to work with them.
Interesting and challenging
Fire fighter (Former Employee) –  Hathersage24 March 2015
I enjoyed working as a retained fire fighter as you never know what the next job is and being able to help those in need was amazing.
Excellent training in many skills
Unsociable hours at times
Very friendly people to work with.
Website administrator / assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate Communications1 March 2013
First, I'd check for, and execute relevant extranet, and website updates required from the night before. Information would be supplied by line management or Fire & Rescue personnel.

My main focus would then be documenting all assets and hierarchical structure of the extranet site. This was necessary for an impending server software update. The final report was compiled as information was collected and processed.

As incident reports and campaign news arrived, they were edited for publication in a variety of formats: press releases for the local media, website news items with relevant links.

I learned about some web building techniques to both, embrace and avoid. My preference for open-source web technology has strengthened because of this.

During my relatively short time there, I found management to be excellent and very supportive. Everyone's efforts and contributions were highly valued. There was a great sense of humour all round.

We had regular visits from the Chief Fire Officer (CFO) who kept in touch with everyone.

The best part of my job was doing what I love with a great bunch of people.

The hardest part of my job was the uncertainty of its duration.

I have great memories
great people to work with. working there was fun and rewarding.
just the lack of job security