Dependable IT Employee Reviews

Amazing place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2017
I worked here for five years , I learned alot and I found it a great company . I would refer anyone to work here , happy management and supervisors. They will push you , but only if they know you can do it
Pros
A great place to go into work everyday
Cons
Wage
Great place and help but
IT tier 1 technical support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 August 2017
It's a nice place to work but the amount of calls you take will drive you nuts. You can't resolve every call but they expect you to be abe to resolve them. Bonus pay is available but very hard to achieve. I was off by 3 sec avg lost the bonus at the end of the month.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Crazy people, low income, no vacation time
Stressful, unfulfilling , only for starting out and then only for a year at most
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2017
Environment was stressful with management requiring more and more of employees, scheduling not allow for fair scheduling and favoritism being prevalent throughout the entire company.
Pros
Cons
Random hours, Abusive customers and managment, low pay
Call Centre, but not a bad one.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2017
I Have been working here for over a year and it is a good place to work. The management is very friendly and its pretty laid back for the most part. The horrible part of the job is the customers. If you can handle angry people all the time then you will be ok.
lunchroom was great
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 June 2017
This company is a bottom line type of place to work. The needs of the employees are overlooked on a regular basis and we were expected to work in an office full of bed bugs with no complaints!!! I walked out of there and will never look back.
Pros
Cons
you are a number there
Badly organized, Poorly run
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2017
Not a very good job. Not a very good company. A place to work while you find something worthwhile. No opportunity and no future. Long hours for average pay and average benefits.
Pros
some decent people
Cons
office culture
I do not feel comfortable doing this review
Remote Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2017
I really do not feel comfortable filling out reviews on pas employers. However, you do not have an opt out for this. It was a paycheck. Not much more to say.
Nice surroundings and work areas
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2017
The company needs to stand up more for it's employees. For example, their biggest client is a communications company. The company in question does not have a call handle time. However, DependableIT measures it's own employees for a call handle time of 8:30 which was implemented by the larger company. Not fair at all really.
Pros
Ability to work from home with desirable shift preferences
Cons
Bonuses are hard to get. Need a doctor's note for every sick day taken.
If only it weren't a call centre
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2017
Great coworkers, but in typical call center fashion no one stays! There really isn't anything more to say....................................
Pros
lunch room, nice environment
Cons
call center
Don't waste your time
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2017
Its really one of the worst places on the face of the earth to work at, they make you work long hours, schedule you anyday they want, pile on responsibilities that were not included in the initial job description...
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Demanding job and inflexible management
Help desk technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 November 2016
While middle management is supportive of helping their employees grow and become stronger team members at the center I found that the extreme pressure that they place on their employees to meet statistics became negative and draining as opposed to strong goals for their employees to reach for. unstable scheduling and inability to work around any sort of hours of availability for their employees meant that meeting any sort of commitments from outside of work was nearly impossible.
Pros
helpful supervisors
Cons
unstable hours
Fun work place
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 September 2016
I have worked at DIT for 2 and a half years now, i love the people i work with, the people who work here are amazing.
The management on the other hand needs abit of work, i am not the only one who thinks so. Alot of us use to be happy coming to work because the company cared about its employees now on the other hand, alot of us do not think they care anymore.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
They need to be aware of how unhappy alot of people are
great coworkers, not so great management
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2016
great coworkers not so great management scheduling was horrible there was no compromise hours were long learned nothing, the job was generally hard all around
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours horrible scheduling
I hated the job but I liked the company.
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 August 2016
DIT likes to help their employees, but call center work is garbage regardless of who's signing your check. I contracted bedbugs from the office and could no longer remain in their filthy office taking calls from stupid, angry rubes.
Pros
Manager was awesome, pay.. Was better than some
Cons
People in general are stupid and that's the job.
Good place to work, might get a little tough
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2016
It was a good place to work. Good co-workers and staff.
But the customers might be very bad sometimes and can spoil your mood. But all the other times, it is good. Good starting salary + incentives.
Very Social Environment
Present Residential Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 June 2016
Typical day at work consisted of taking incoming calls in a call center environment and Troubleshooting the calls according to company guidelines. I learned alot about Cable TV setups, Internet and Digital Phone Trouble shooting Skills. The hardest part of the Job was accepting my Wages. I enjoyed being able to hone my Communication skills.
Pros
Video Games, Vending Machines
Cons
Lack of Pay
It was ok at the time
Tier 3 - Technical Support Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 March 2016
Good supervisors bad managing / scheduling. horrible shifts.
Great team that was there. Fairly high turnover rate in other depts
Pros
great team / supervisor
Cons
bad shifts / scheduling
Horrible work place, treat you like worms
Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 March 2016
when I first started in this company I didn't know what to expect. Instantly I noticed the negligence of the company and supervisors.
I have never in my life hated a job and I have had many that were physically horrible. This place makes it mentally and stressful to the point of depression and the company couldn't care less. I was there for over a year as I couldn't find anything else unfortunately. This is one company full of greed and treat their employees like trash.
Pros
Cons
3 min bathroom break for the entire day, disrespect of employees, force you in on horrible scheduling, kill incentives if missed by 5 seconds.
Work from home is good option but less pay
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 February 2016
You don't get paid enough for your work you do. They expect you to work more and more with minimum pay. They have work from home option which is very good for someone who does not like to go office everyday
no heart
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 January 2016
Dependable IT was the worst job experience i ever had for begin introduced to an office environment, as a company their was no respect between management and the employees, a typical day of work was handling 5 different companies residential computer support ,learned how to deal with customers over the phone and troubleshoot computer issues, Management didn't communicate well with the the employees while caused alot of resentment between the techs, got along with all of my co-workers and enjoyed my time spent with them, repairing customers computers was a satisfying experience.
Pros
Cons
no steady shifts always different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dependable IT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7