Department of Veterans Affairs

Department of Veterans Affairs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 28, 2014
Time management, computer software, mail, medical reports, business letters
Productive, very relaxing,fun
Caregiver (Former Employee), Wainwright, ABOctober 28, 2013
Pros: doing what i enjoyed doing.
Cons: not enough of a clientele around the area to stay in that job.
Entering the Veterans home daily. A home tells me a lot about the client and their families.I worked alone so I had no co-workers doing this job.The job wasn't hard at all. And the most enjoyable part of the job was making my clients happy with what I did for them.
Excellent Workplace From a Student Perspective
Student Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2013
Pros: stable hours, good pay incentives for students, work not too difficult
Cons: interchangeability of bosses, several methods for one problem
It was a fairly typical office work setting.
You'd show up, have nice co-workers, do your work and clock out. The people are what made it a great job, for the most part it was just regular office work.
Healthy and Client Focused Work Environment
Policy Intern (Current Employee), Care Management and Social Work ServicesMarch 9, 2013
Would work for the VA again.
Very focused on improving services for vets.
Individuals who work there care about the population they serve
Loved it here!!
Student Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Brecksville, OHSeptember 15, 2014
I had so much fun working with our nation's veterans. It was my way of giving back to them for giving of their time to give us a free and safe country to live in. I have family who were and are still enlisted. It was nice to be able to sit down and get to know the veterans, and it was special to let them know that they're not alone in their battle with – more... mental illness. My co-workers gave me opportunities to be myself and also a lot of learning experiences. The hardest part of the job was seeing some coming in so very sick. Yet, it was a true pleasure to see who they were as people as their illnesses came under control and they healed. That's the most rewarding thing about mental health work. – less
good job
transoporter (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: short lunce breaks
good job .good pay, nice people to wokk with. learn how to cumuicte with patient
A productive and fun place to work
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company as I was able to utilize my skills
and had moderate supervision. Pay was low for a Master degree.
Great place to work for
Software Quality specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2014
I dont really work for the VA but I am a contractor. I like doing what i do for them and the VA people are nice to work with.
Enjoy working with veterans
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2014
busy outpatient clinic from start to finish. The outpatient clinic provides different area of assistance for veterans.
Great opportunity
Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Carrollton, GASeptember 5, 2014
No two days are the same. Great benefits and jobs satisfaction
Senior IT and Business Professional
Business Application Analyst, Virtual VA Program (Current Employee), Hines, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Senior multi-dimensional IT and business professional with a passion for managing risks, leading people and networking beyond a project’s scope to deliver exceptional results on-time and within budget. Ability to support multiple simultaneous projects in a matrix organizational structure.
Case Management/Customer Service
Human Resource Specialist, Employee Benefits (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Case managing over 1000 cases per year, phone calls from outside providers, customer service at all times.
For non-movers
Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: medical/dental benefits; job experience
Cons: very political environment; very little pay advancement; sketchy position advancement
Working for the VA is a great place for those who would be happy to stay where they are at. I have experience on the lower echelon (GS-6 and below), and my experience is that the system is designed to keep individuals where they are. Leadership seminars exist, but are only permitted for those who are GS-7 and above, completely ignoring those who need – more... it the most.
Compensation and benefits are plentiful and vary to cater to individual needs.
Supervisory staff, in general, are subpar, mostly concerned with taking care of themselves rather than being good leaders to their employees. You are lucky if you get a supervisor who will actually mentor and help you.'
Working for the VA is an educational experience that will help you understand the Federal work system. – less
Great atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 2, 2014
Great atmosphere with outstanding people to work with. Worked within Primary Care Administration which was a very eye-opening experience.
Great benefits
Program Support Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: short breaks
This job provides great benefits to its employee's. You must have a flexible work schedule. It provided me with opportunities to work with other veterans and to help them achieve a greater level of health. This was a great part of job.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Medical Records Administrator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CASeptember 1, 2014
Most enjoyable part of working for the Department of Veterans Affairs is knowing that you are helping to take care of our veterans who have sacrificed so much for our country.
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 29, 2014
Management needs a little work but overall a good place to work. I made a lot of great friends where I worked and the most enjoyable part of my job was helping Veteran's.
veterans day
Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: managers
everyday is veterans day. i enjoy taking care of the veterans, being an advocate for the veterans.
Very efficient work place that take pride in serving the nation's Veterans
Contact Representative (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: listening to some of their (veteran) experiences.
Cons: the angry veteran that feels he has not been serviced as he should have been.
Typical day would consist of answering phones, ensuring training was done, routing calls to the proper department,answering non- clinical questions, and sending corresponding emails to physicians, pharmacists, and upper management.
Medical Malpractice/Health Law
Legal Extern (Former Employee), Hines, ILAugust 25, 2014
Researched and wrote legal memoranda for the Office of the General Counsel at Hines VA Hospital. Was also responsible for drafting interrogatories, answers to complaints, discovery requests, and acceptance or denial letters.

1 2 3 4 5

About Department of Veterans Affairs

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. – Read more

Department of Veterans Affairs Photos