DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Employee Review

View all DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT reviews

Innovative and vibrant workplace
Employee Health and Wellness Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP22 November 2013
A typical day at work included a lot of unplanned meetings, juggling of my schedule and finding ways to make the workload fit within the limited work hours. I enjoyed the challenged to manage me time effectively and learning how to priorities activities. Management is very people orientated and allow for innovation and autonomy in work performance which makes working in such an environment very rewarding. Co-workers are the most challenging part of my job. I believe I have very good interpersonal skills but sometimes the office politics made it very hard to deal with the team but I eventually learned how to avoid such and got my team to see me as a neutral person.
Pros
A lot of travelling
Cons
no flexibility

Other DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Productive and made me to grow.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape11 June 2017
Having to decide whether a driver was wrong about the accident and responsible to pay or would be exonerated from blame was exciting. The job taught me responsibility and having to take care of a company car since if one commits an accident one has to pay. The work itself was monotonous and not so challenging.
Pros
Manangable hours of work.
Cons
Having to do the same thing again and again.
One of my first job
Pay Clerk, Pay and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2012
I was a pay and benefits clerk in Personnel and enjoyed it very much.