DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Employee Review

View all DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT reviews

Investigation
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Oudtshoorn, WC4 March 2014
A typical day at work when investigation needs to be done and no documents or medical report is available. Then you need to start from the lower face. But what I have learned is that it is better to start from the lower face, you will get a better picture of the incident. The support is there and labourers is playing a big part of this system by their support. Working together with Co-workers and each time try to understand them day- by- day. The hardest part of the job is when you are without an assistant for your administration work, because OHS has many administration work then physical work that needs to be done. And most important is when there is fatalities or loss of limbs due to work, you became sad in away that cannot be describe. But still I enjou the investigation part of my job.
Pros
Cons

Other DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Productive and made me to grow.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape11 June 2017
Having to decide whether a driver was wrong about the accident and responsible to pay or would be exonerated from blame was exciting. The job taught me responsibility and having to take care of a company car since if one commits an accident one has to pay. The work itself was monotonous and not so challenging.
Pros
Manangable hours of work.
Cons
Having to do the same thing again and again.
One of my first job
Pay Clerk, Pay and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2012
I was a pay and benefits clerk in Personnel and enjoyed it very much.