DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Day by day as a Grower
Ingeniering Tech II (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 December 2016
Usually every day have to fertilizer and provide water to different crops. Detected some potential diseases and take actions if I found some problems. Management they are not really great . They not have enough experience in nursery operations. The hardest part of my job is deal with different types of people every day. In fact in the government are so many old people who has been working for so long in this position and they do not like to change and try different opinions and experience with young co-workers likes me .
Productive and fun workplace
Summer student, Work placement (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 November 2016
As an environmental student intern everyday was different. I would be out in the field accompanying forestry technicians with installing and collecting data on invasive insects. Working along side biologists surveying piping plovers and blue herons, conducting wildlife transects, and assessing woodlots for 'Nova Scotia woodlot of the year'. Other days I would be in the office writing reports on what occurred that week, and helping out the fire crew with daily tasks (cleaning machines, checking equipment, etc.). Overall, NSDNR was a great place to work, the staff is very friendly and knowledgable.
One of the best jobs iv had.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  New Waterford, NS16 May 2016
Im not sure if the Fish and Game fall under the DNR but it was one of the best jobs i have ever had. It was great working in the brooks and swampy areas and the labour was good too, really fun to be honest.
Pros
Outdoors, steady labour, feels fulfilling.
Cons
Mosquito's
Good Balanced work life
Assistant of Chief of Special Investigations (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL12 May 2016
1.Drive to destination and prepare surveillance cameras
2.Learned how to work undercover
3. Managed data and audits
4.Great energetic coworkers
5. On the road alot
6. Outside and recording surveillance
Pros
free lunches
Cons
great place to work. great people to work with
Technician / Forest Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 October 2014
I like to come to work.
Routine changes daily.
Some days alone in the wilderness
Some days presenting at a public forum
some days in a helicopter looking for moose
some days in a helicopter looking for marijuana plantations
some days making a presentation to elementary schools
always open and expect change
Pros
always varied and alway challenge
Cons
low pay
Always learning new things!
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fredericton NB15 April 2013
A typical day at work would have been, fast paced with several different tasks that needed to be completed in a timely manner which I enjoyed very much. With my job there I was always learning something new each day which would have been the most enjoyable part of my job because I knew with everything I learned would better my ability to do my job correctly! My co workers were great, I was always able to ask for help or give my opinion on things! The hardest part about my job would have been the days where I was alone and had up to 25 customers at a time to tend to myself. But, I did the best I could and helped everyone to my best ability!
Pros
great wages
Cons
no benefits
Ability to work independently
Forest Technician (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB19 January 2013
Very good communication with supervisors.
Enjoy ability to work independently.
Enjoy large territory to cover.
Enjoy working in field, with some office work.