Department of Justice

Department of Justice Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
love working with the department of justice but recently with the change in reducing employees and replacing them, it has been difficult to work due overwhelming workloads. Most assistants here have now at 5:1 ratios.
Very fun and challenging workplace. No matter what you scheduled for the day you knew it was not going to happen as there was always something new.
Department of Justice (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: fun and challenging work.
Cons: more advancement for the lawyers.
This was a fast paced work environment with showed me how to work under pressure and lots of challenges. Our team was a very fun and energetic group which I will always remember.
Learned a lot and then left
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learned new things
Cons: no job security
I did not understand that as a contract employee, my employer would change it type they went to bid for a new contract. The company that won the contract was your new employer and could decide to keep you or let you go. Your 401K, sick/vacation time changed each time also.

I wore a pager and worked 2nd shift. I might be required to come in early or – more... go assist a different office.

I learned a lot and when I felt I had learned all I could, I left. There was no room for advancement. – less
Very productive but not fun.
Administration Clerk (internship) (Current Employee), GautengSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good working hours
Cons: less opportunities
The job is very good so is the colleagues at the department. There are less activities at the work place. I have learned to put peoples need first because I am here to serve them, to be compassionate when working with clients because we deal with people who are mourning.
Great Workplace
Records Management Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
• Valued by supervisors for having a strong commitment to the department’s/companies missions, goals and objectives
challenging workplace
human resource officer (Former Employee), East London, ECSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: transport claim
Cons: long hours
The day when I was doing shortlsting at some other town when I got into that office I did shortlisting and invited candidates to come to interviews,I travelled back to my office in East London, I discovered that I left a few pile of applications. I was scared of what I was to do because even the panel travel from different towns so its waste of money – more... and time, but I looked at those applicants who applied but never got the chance to be screen, I made an appointment with my supervisor I told him that I have left some applications he understood and consoled me to say mistakes happen we will have to re-do the shortlist, I explained to all the panel they did not have a problem they set another date and we re-shortlisted. I have learnt that honesty is the best medicine at all times. my co workers were were a definite team. My hardest part of the job was when I had to advise panel to be inline with policy when they recruit when the panel deviate. Most enjoyable part of the job is to listen to candidates on interviews learn how different candidates respond to questions. – less
Productive and fun workplace. Very family orientated.
Intensive in Home Counselor (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 1, 2014
I worked for this company for 9 years and was able to learn a lot. This company gave me an opportunity to grow as person and profession. I would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to work for The City of Richmond Department of Justice Service give it a chance, you will not be disappointed. If the department that I worked in had not closed, – more... I would have most likely retired from this job. – less
Fun work place
Clerk (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the environment
Cons: not getting paid.
It used to be a busy day because were dealing with lots of people.

I have learned to deal with different characters of clients

I managed to have listening skills

My co-workers were always supportive and fun people to be with.

The hardest part was to have a client who is crying and you can't do much about that.

The most enjoyable part was being – more... able to help and give advice. – less
fun and challenging workplace
admin clerk (Former Employee), Nylstroom, LPAugust 9, 2014
a typical day at work was having to deal with an impossible supervisor
i learned administrative skills, time management skills and also learned to cope under pressure
my co-workers where nice but not all of them but i still learned to tolerate them
the hardest part of the job was when i had to work even after hours sometimes during weekends for no extra – more... pay.
the enjoyable part of the job is that i was doing something that i loved – less
DOJ is a professional rewarding work environment.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 9, 2014
DOJ is a professional rewarding work environment where you will be challenged and given the opportunity to be responsible.
No pleasure at all and no motivation
Senior Registrar's Clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: i'm by the work at 7 o'clock every morning, and when i want leave or go off to a doctor ect then there is always a problem.
A very unhappy workplace and not looking forward anymore to come to work. Nothing to enjoy anymore no progress and extremely double standards
Working inside of a prison environment is a challenge.
Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: working with wondering people that are very helpful.
Cons: having to say good bye.
Working inside of a prison environment is a challenge. The job is not for everybody, but I have enjoyed my years there. I have met many people over the years, and they have all made my life easier with the help that was provided to me during my tenure. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help someone achieve to their full potential, rather – more... it was a staff member or an inmate. The most enjoyable part of my job was the overall challenges. – less
Department of Justice is an outstanding place to work.
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2014
Department of Justice is an outstanding place to grow and to work.
Hectic and challenging
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPAugust 4, 2014
Pros: assisting in other regions
Cons: working long hours
Day to day management of staff members.
i have learned that teamwork will always conquer.. 18 staffmembers report to me dicectly
The hardest part of the job is when you have to fit in the meetings the tight work schedule.
The enjoyable part of the work is when we receive a good audit opinion.
Another one is the compliments from management and clients.
productive
Court Interpreter (Former Employee), Brits, NWAugust 3, 2014
Pros: tea time and lunch time
Cons: backlog
My day start at 8H00 am and before the the court commence I have to meet the court prosecutor at his office to prepare court dockets the previous court proceedings and the current proceedings so that the magistrate can acclimatize himself with all the court proceedings.I have learned that even though I'm an employee at justice department I have to abide – more... by the law and the management was great because I could able to communicate with my employer regarding the challenges at work. – less
productively
Administration clerk (Current Employee), knzAugust 1, 2014
Pros: 13h00 -13h45
Cons: 8 hours
it is a good department just that we working hard but we earn penuts
Productive Workplace
Admin Officer (Current Employee), Ermelo, MPJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: only 1 hour
Checking Officer of the Domestic Violence Files
Dealing with the Family Violence applications
Preparing the Domestic Violence Files for return dates
Opening new files for Domestic Violence

Lodging the Estate for the late people
Opening files for the Estate Late
Pointing the Executor of the Estate Late belongings
a fun and enjoyable
Transport Officer Experiantial Learner (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPJune 9, 2014
Cons: we work long hours before lunch
ON every day basis i open e-mails to check if people have reported turn-downs because the whole Limpopo reports to my office,
at this job i have learned a lot because my managing skills have improved in a short period of time.
The management is very supportive and fun to be around as the treat me with respect and notice my work.
The hardest part of – more... the job is when reporting to standard bank because sometime i report over five(5) vehicles a day counting enquirers and you find that they take time to answer your phone.
enjoyable part of the work is doing everything i do everyday. – less
Most exciting law enforcement career.
Federal Agent (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
Most Exciting career in law enforcement. No regrets, only fond memories knowing that our children slept soundly while we were arresting the most violent individuals in this country.
fun place to work
Records Management Supervisor (Current Employee), DCJune 4, 2014
Good place to work I been here for a while just looking for more growth oppurtunties

1 2 3 4 5