Department of Justice Employee Reviews

Department of Justice is excellent place to work , but my Job was contract
Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
excellent
The work isn't difficult at all. The process have been the same forever and need to be updated.

The only way to move up is to find a new position

As a contractor, my health benefits are not great

My manager is awesome

The culture is the worst part. Contractors and fed are separated and contractors are always being watched like the federal employees are waiting to report you for something. We all work together.
Pros
tes
Justice Canada
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Justice Canada, and would love to work there again. I was a casual employee and during my contract, met a lot of amazing people, learned a lot and would recommend anyone interested to work for Justice Canada!
Great colleagues
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT3 May 2017
Good colleagues and interesting work. Obviously important work being done, even if at times you get stuck with the slower stuff. I enjoyed my time there significantly.
Easy to get to
Records Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
I shifted files on shelves to make room for others. Emptied boxes of files onto shelves in alphabetical order. Pulled various files and packed them for destruction.
Great Place to work
Manger (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
I really enjoyed working here, the people were great and always willing to help others out. Also the work life balance is fantastic I would recommend working here to people.
Pros
people I worked with
Very demanding, fast paced environment
Manager of Judgment Enforcement (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 September 2016
There was never a typical day at the Sheriffs Office. As Manager of Judgment Enforcement, there were 7 support staff and four Deputy Sheriffs under my section. Responsibilities included enforcing money judgments, which was creditor driven, as well as service of the criminal and civil process and jury administration. Also, responsible for executing court orders. A very fast paced and stressful environment at times.

One of the most difficult tasks as Manager of Judgment Enforcement, was dealing with debtors who were being evicted from rental properties or debtors who were losing their homes.

As Manager, I was also responsible for the administration of the Jury Program and enjoyed that part of the Court process.
Pros
Clients receiving monies owed to them.
Cons
Debtors finding themselves in debt through hardship.
Good
Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 May 2016
We are an Enforcement Agency who is responsible for the Collection of Child Support and Spousal Support. I am responsible for garnishing of wages, seizing assets, mediating payment arrangements, providing legal documentation and advise to courts, lawyers, clients, judges, employers etc.
Very good place to work great staff and good team members
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL16 April 2016
Department of justice is a very good place to work with great staff even though its a stressful and tough environment to be in 12 hours a day. But everyone works together to make each others day as easy as possible.
Productive workplace and great staff
Clerk 3 (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 November 2014
Very great atmosphere and pleasant staff. Loved this job. Very knowledgeable information. Got to work with many different aspects of the job including Crime Prevention as well as attend a symposium for Ceasefire.
Great Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 July 2013
love working with the department of justice but recently with the change in reducing employees and replacing them, it has been difficult to work due overwhelming workloads. Most assistants here have now at 5:1 ratios.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Very fun and challenging workplace. No matter what you scheduled for the day you knew it was not going to happen as there was always something new.
Department of Justice (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 May 2013
This was a fast paced work environment with showed me how to work under pressure and lots of challenges. Our team was a very fun and energetic group which I will always remember.
Pros
Fun and challenging work.
Cons
More advancement for the lawyers.