Department of Justice

Department of Justice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace and great staff
Clerk 3 (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 18, 2014
Very great atmosphere and pleasant staff. Loved this job. Very knowledgeable information. Got to work with many different aspects of the job including Crime Prevention as well as attend a symposium for Ceasefire.
Great Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
love working with the department of justice but recently with the change in reducing employees and replacing them, it has been difficult to work due overwhelming workloads. Most assistants here have now at 5:1 ratios.
Very fun and challenging workplace. No matter what you scheduled for the day you knew it was not going to happen as there was always something new.
Department of Justice (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: fun and challenging work.
Cons: more advancement for the lawyers.
This was a fast paced work environment with showed me how to work under pressure and lots of challenges. Our team was a very fun and energetic group which I will always remember.
This highly political / confidential position was as much rewarding as it was eye opening.... I learned so very much in a very short amount of time...
Legal Secretary/Word Processor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at the bureau was not typical according to my standards.... running vin numbers on license plates for agents in the field, over the radio, taking live calls from paid informants, typing checks made payable to these "confidential" informants, was all very non-typical for me.... perhaps exciting, not dull, and I learned the combination to the vault where the drugs and money and guns were kept in a huge vault for future raids? That is what I was told.....
The co-workers, they were threatened by my eagerness to learn and be cross-trained and to work in more than one capacity at a time. However the most enjoyable part of the job was probably resigning after being promoted to a much higher level of professional calling.The hardest part of the job I have saved until last, on purpose, it was seeing what the tax payers agree to spend their tax dollars on......withoiut being properly informed as to how they were truly being spent and not being able to do anything at all about it except save myself by accepting an awesome promotion and leave it far behind me and try not looking back.
interpreting
SENIOR COURT INTERPRETER (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: lunch normal
day job and learned more management skills. I love working with people so there is no moment of regret for me to be in that sector.
Management skill
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 19, 2015
I prepare the draft report to management with management comments.

I can audit the process from start to the end and add value to organization.

The management style is poor.

I like to work with my team member and exchange skills.

To present the report to top management.

To add value to the organization.
not productive anymore
SENIOR ADMINISTRATION CLERK (Current Employee), johannesburgJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: not challenging anymore
Cons: stable hours nothing challeinging about it
The system is too slow
I learned different cultures and religions
No updates on anything
You get to deal with difficult public memebers
Work with my co-workers as a team
Great job was very education
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, Ohio traveled all over USDecember 24, 2014
Days were very busy making sure all programs ran smoothly. Co-workers and management very helpful and great to work with. Making sure at the end of the day all programs were successful.
salary not that good
state accountant (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPDecember 8, 2014
i work 9 courts under my cluster,• Authorization of all transaction on BAS
• Responsible for the checking and reporting to the Court Manager of all financials (Third Party Funds and Vote and Assets).
• Bank Reconciliation of the Third Party Funds for all office within the cluster make sure that were doesn’t balance I intervene.
• Perform daily recon for the cluster.
• Assist the offices by making sure that every months the pdelegated official
• Ensure that all payments due to creditors are settled within thirty(30) days and also ensure that three(3)quotation are attached and valid to avoid irregular expenditure
• Monitor and reporting on Payments and receipts on BAS (Vote).
• Monitor and report on the implementation of action plans on Audit findings to the Area court manager
• Maintain asset register, ensure quarterly/annual stock take. And also obsolete ,redundant and unserviceable are reported to the manager by assets controller so that it can be disposed
• Ensuring that all queries relating to financial transactions are attended to and responded in time.
• Provide all necessary documents that re requested by Auditor
Productive, changing workplace
Service Delivery Officer (Current Employee), Hobart, TASNovember 30, 2014
Pros: working with dedicated colleagues
Cons: require further challenges
My day can vary from moment to moment, you maybe organising a service for a client, then required to organise coverage for a user travelling overseas on the same day.

Communication is a key part of my role being able to communicate effectively and prioritise your day also work independently.

My co-workers have similar views, and are dedicated to providing quick and efficient services and information.

Enjoyable part of the job knowing you have completed tasks and the users are appreciative of the work involved.
A Great Place to Work
Special Assistant United States Attorney (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2014
As a Special Assistant US Attorney, I am not paid by the DOJ. However, I have become very familiar with the culture of the office and enjoy it. Attorneys are given wide latitude to pursue cases of interest, but given assistance where needed.
productive and safe workplace
CANDIDATE ATTORNEY (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPNovember 25, 2014
In my previous work I was on duty 27/7 in that anytime students are allowed to knock and ask for assistance,my current employment is too much in to law and the drafitings ,therefore I have learned office administration,and my co-workers I get along with them, happy and co-operative,the hardest part of my current job is when I have to be in consultation the whole day,i enjoy drafting and postponing matters in court.
Great Place to work
Law Enforcement Communication Assistant (LECA) (Former Employee), Dublin, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work
I relearned skills that I learned from San Francisco Police Department. Such as communicating on the radio with Patrol officer in the field. I have a wonderful boss and co-workers. I met a staff at the Boarder Patrol that I really enjoyed working with.
Its a great place
Developer Booz Allen Hamilton (Current Employee), Washington DCNovember 21, 2014
I like it. People are very nice and the work is challenging. I encourage everyone to work here for some job. This site requires me to enter forty words in order to pass some validation test. My office space is pretty bad and I don't have any privacy even to make a phone call. The client is very nice and has come to understand how a software project is run.
Productive and very challenging
Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Bethlehem, FSNovember 20, 2014
Daily consultations with clients regarding the administration deceased estates, liquidation & distribution account (Insolvency), small claims court and domestic violence. What the job taught me well was to be open, sensitive and respectful to people from all walks of life as those coming to me have different difficulties in their lives where I have to attentively listen to them in order to try find resolutions to their challenges. Though I work unsupervised, I have a great team of supportive colleagues around me when the going gets tough. The hardest part about my job is sitting down with any person who would really need assistance and not being able to provide any remedy or relief to them. What I enjoy most is interacting with people and giving them hope of a better future when some have lost all hope.
very productive ,can't say funny because i deal with various case and problems of the community
ADMINISTRATION CLERK (Current Employee), Nqutu, ZNNovember 19, 2014
Cons: 08
it is always a challenge everytime i come to work because i deal with different communities and cultures , i'm learning each and everyday, i paticipate with my corworkers ,hardest part of the job is to deal with angry and difficult community,eliterate sometimes they know nothing about the law.i enjoy being surrounded by my colleagues sometimes when we share our problems in our job we end up making jokes and forget about the pressure of ensuring happines and satisfaction to our clients.
Enjoy being out in the field
Realty Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
I really enjoy being out in the field acquiring commercial space for ATF. I am not a fan of being in the Office forced to do busy work. I am looking for something more challenging and more financially rewarding.
No Advancement
Data Entry Clerk-Legal (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no benefits
Working for the Department of Justice was a wonderful experience that had no possibility of advancement.
Unproductive and no growth
Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Atteridgeville, GPNovember 7, 2014
- to do my daily duties with enthusiasm without any hassle
- teamwork is important as much as working independantly
- if find it very imparative to use channel of communication so that every employee and employer can supply knowledge and skills appropriately,
- it is important to use interpersonal skills when working with co-workers and to listen to their inputs so that we may have strong organisational culture and win their hearts so that they will perform very well.
- to work had in providing service delivery and not to get a simple "thank for your hard work"
- to have job description and to meet deadlines.
allows productive
Sen Prov Admin Officer (Current Employee), Bhisho, ECNovember 5, 2014
Pros: getting along with my co workers
Cons: long hours
when the flow smoothly
how to manage people
communication is the best tool of management
to answer on audit findings
being my self and let my co-workers laugh at me

1 2 3 4 5