Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place, Informative, Productive
Intern (Former Employee), East London, ECNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch, leaving early from work
Cons: long hours, too much work, no time to eat and relax
It was nice working there, because I was working with people who had warmth and kindness. It was fun but we had to get the work done even if I had to come early in in the morning to when it was very busy and leave late. It was productive.
Effective instructor
Lead Hazard Reduction Supervisor (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 31, 2013
Pros: useful information
Cons: no job placement
learned safe ppm for airborne lead levels..state and federal regulations
Start point to the working world
Secretary (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPOctober 30, 2013
Pros: no growth
Cons: not applicable
Finances, Organising functions & conferences, General
secretarial tasks
fun
finance clerck (Former Employee), ZNOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free tea
Cons: long hours and hard work
i leaned how to interact with different people from different cultures with different values and believes
Learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 24, 2013
It was a hand on experience of the real job. Had the opportunity tob work on cancer data.
Rewarding helping patients but staffing levels too low
Medical Secretary/Clinical Secretary Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Douglas, ENGOctober 23, 2013
Pros: competative salary although not increased for several years
Cons: lack of sympathy and support from mangement
Handling patient queries and concerns, supervising secretaries, arranging clinics and medical rotas, typing medical correspondence

Management unsympathetic towards issues

Teams sometimes fractionalised depending on favour or otherwise from management

Hardest part: Lack of support from management

Most enjoyable: Helping patients
To tell the truth its fun working and challenging environment
Buyer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 22, 2013
Cons: normal hours
Typical office work for 7h30 to 16h00.
I have learn how to communicate with customers telephonically and physically.
The management is good but when they feel the pressure from above they tend to pass it to others but as a human being you must know how to handle that.
The hardest part of my job is when the resources or systems are not working because – more... in order to perform my daily task I depend on them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we do team buildings visits the departments and learn how do they work on their sides. – less
Busy and Vibrant environment
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT) (Current Employee), Mafikeng, NWOctober 21, 2013
Pros: christmas parties
Cons: no long hours yet
A typical day at work always has complaints. It can be lights not working or printers to paying and purchising somrthing. I have a very understanding supervisor who always gives me advice. He taught me how to accumulate funds from budgets to purchasing goods. Some of my co workers are friendly unlike others because we all want to impress our supervisors – more... so that our contracts are re newed. The hardest part of my job is dealing with complaints from different departments via telephone. The most enjoyable is travelling to other districts for verification because I like touring. Out of 10 I would give the department 8. – less
Helping patiƫnts
Senior Admin Clerk (Current Employee), PretoriaOctober 16, 2013
Pros: work pay 2/3 of medical aid
Cons: work under a lot of presure
The work is tuff on a person, it is not easy working with sick people and keeping them happy it take a lot of responsibility to do your work. I have learned to work in a group and to be sensitive to people, it also taught me to work under pressure for we have to help a lot of people during the day. You have to be quick and accurate
Productive & fun work
Assistant Director-Human Resource (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECOctober 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch is good, you save
Cons: long hours yes bet if something need to be done is good
Very nice-self driven, no pressure but no motivating as there are no challenges.everything is always the same as yesterday. Sometimes frustrating no money to pay employees their benefits due to them for two to three year. everyday employees will come and cry to you.

I've learned patience if you dont have patiency you are at the wrong place. I've also – more... learnt to always take initiative otherwise you are going now where no one will push you

Management-i think it is very poor. How can Doctors and other Professionals be supervised by the Head that has Grade 12 only. That person cannot take decision on his own and he sometimes does not know even the priorities of the departmenet, worse national priorieties. Fear of unknow always and not open to new changes that will improve the standard of the institution.

Co-workers are very good , its nice being with them.

Hardest part of the job- is to issue a dismissal letter to someone, although you know that he deserves that, he has worked for it but it is very difficult.

Most enjoyable-To recruit and say to someone you have bee appointed. To know that eveybody is happy because she/he has receive all her monies due to her by the end of the months. To give information to someone about any developments , changes that are going to happen within the department. in fact i real enjoy my Job, i like my field so i am ever happy when i do my job. – less
productive and hardwork
junior IT Technician (Current Employee), Witbank, MPOctober 15, 2013
i learned to join users to the domain , install sofwares they use and how to allocate them to their specified persal number.sharing printer,folders across the network.
badminton and aerobic session 3x a week,
RNheals (Former Employee), Bonifacio, Misamis OccidentalOctober 11, 2013
Pros: high paid
Cons: long hours and delayed salary
workmates are helpful. we utilize every available resources available in the facility
it is a good environment for learning, and you also get an oppotunity to learn other people's culture
senior training officer (Current Employee), Musina, LPOctober 9, 2013
Pros: promotion of healthy lifestyle
Cons: no career development for administrators
attend to customer quiry,
comunicate externaly or internaly through phones, personal visits, telephonic conversation,
advice management on training issues.
supervision to subordinate
Challenging, quality orientated
Senior Admin Officer: Food Services (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCOctober 7, 2013
Pros: proper induction and orientation, skills training. same as social development
Cons: same as social development
Have done the first review considering both places of employment
Not productive and there is progress
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER-MEDICAL (Former Employee), Rustenburg, NWOctober 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough budget
Monday to Friday were typical day at work since meetings were called at anytime without been planned for
I have about compliance of legislative mandates and policies
Management style was not directive
Performance Management System as it creates hatred amongst colleagues
Monitoring of NGO's
Good work atmosphere
Office Assistant Trainee (Former Employee), St.Croix United States Virgin IslandOctober 1, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: half hour lunch break
A typical day at work is busy. We have clients coming in for both prenatal and pediatric appointments.
its fun working here but there are no senior positions open for us to grow as employes
senior accounting clerk (Current Employee), Mpumalanga, ZNOctober 1, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: mismanagement of staff by senior managers
we come at 7:45 am open our system and get ready for work ,there is already patients waiting to open files sometmes they are very rude because their files are missing sometimes friendly you can't just predict what the day is going to be like, our management hardly attend to the problems that requires them, but may co-workers are very nice and fun working – more... with there is just never a dull moment when you're with them – less
fun and wel accomodative
counsellor (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: good communication as i do that on daily basis with patients.
Cons: no management and shortage of clinical staff
well professional environment,i work well under pressure,we work as a team and are well organised.
Educational
Nurse (Former Employee), PhilippinesSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free travel expense, hotel and lodging, food
Cons: long days spent away from home
I learned how to speak infront of professional individuals like Doctors, Politicians and tyical attendees since i was a Resource Speaker in most of the seminars we conduct in the whole region. We were taught how to create our own lectures about certain topics.
the aim for Health is to deliver quality health care services to the eastern cape citizens
personal assistant / communication officer (Former Employee), East London, ECSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: going for conferences, booked in hotels
Cons: we travel a lot during week ends and might travel for long hours arriving home at 11 :00 at night
currently working under events management , we have a planned calendar of events. we assist each section on how to organise events succesfully. we become part of planning sitting in their meetings in order to guide and assist them in advertising of the event and with invitations. on the day of the event we provide them with the department branding of – more... the venue, pa system, photo shooting, writing of the story/ article if necessary.

what Ive learned is that I can do anything I set my mind to and that work is learned at work every day you improve as long as you are willing to be corrected.

management they differ in character and how they do things but I choose to take one positive thing in each of them that is to love my job and deliver at the end of the day.

co-workers, we get along fine but we also have different goals, some are happy with what they have and do some are still ambitious wanting to do more and climb up the ladder.

hardest part of the job is travelling alot all over eastern cape every week not having enough time to be with my family

I enjoy it its fulfilling for me especially doing events as I get to meet different people with different cultures and get to learn a lot from them as well. – less