Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun, challenging and a good learning place
Administrative clerk / data Capturer (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: not applicable
Cons: not applicable
Every day is a fun day, which present opportunity to learn continuously in terms of life skill, confidentiality, team work, respect and problem solving. the management has faith in employees which result in encouraging in terms of continuous education, co-worker are very friendly, tolerant and loving. liaising with patients and clients.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKING PLACE
SECRETARY (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: compliments
Cons: overtime
A VERY BUSY DAY SOMETIMES WITH NO LUNCH IN BETWEEN
I HAVE LEARNED THAT PEOPLE NEED TO BE GIVEN FIRST PREFERENCES AND GOOD SERVICE TO BE DELIVERED IN TIME.
MANAGEMENT RESPONDING TO ALL THE MATTERS ARISING IN THE DEPARTMENT.
GOOD RELATION AND TEAM BUILDING WITH MY CO-WORKERS
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE
WORKING TOGETHER – more... AS A TEAM AND DELIVERING IN TIME WHERE PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY FOR OUR SERVICES. – less
Still under development
Asset Controller/Administrative officer (Current Employee), Johannesburg South, GPFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: learning everyday
Cons: lack of support from middle management
In the absence of an Asset manager a day begins with planning for the day and how to execute the duties at hand effectively, efficiently in order to ensure service delivery.
I've learned to be a team player since we perform our duties without a manager who must give strategic direction. At times you have to be self reliant in order to get some of the – more... tasks accomplished.
Not all people have same strengths but our differences completes each individual towards the realisation of the ultimate goal.
the hardest part is to work without a Manager for a long period of time.
Most enjoyable part is doing what fulfils me.Making the difference and adding values to the public service. – less
What I learnt
SENIOR FINANCIAL PRACTITIONER (Credito Payments) (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: people skills
Cons: overtime
I have learnt to be patient with people. Each and every individual is unique and has got something to offer. Each person has got strong points and weaknesses, one needs to focus on the strong points and motivate a person on his or her weaknesses.

People in general are unique and have got interesting characters.
Opportunity to meaningfully impact resident's of DC.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2014
Opportunity to impact lives of DC residents and learn from working on many different projects.
Very inspiring place to work
Design Intern (Current Employee), MDFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Those involved in the department are driven and dedicated to the betterment of the people they care for.
Satisfactory
Medical Specialist III (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07February 4, 2014
Pros: meeting with program implementors and identifying gaps/problems and solutions
Cons: when it is do hard to make changes in order to improve
Supervises nurse coordinator and computer programmer/encoder for health information to come up with timely and accurate quarterly and annual vital statistics.
Supervision and team work.
Management is supportive.
Mentoring and knowledge sharing with my staff and fellow program coordinators.
Transferring knowledge and developing skills on data analysis – more... and specifically recruit fellow co-worker to be interested in medical research.
When you have conducted and met the objectives of the training/seminar/activities and getting positive results/expectations from the participants. – less
Good working and friendly staff
SEN ADMIN CLERK (FINANCE AND PROCUREMENT (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECJanuary 31, 2014
I arrived at Half 7, see which work needs priority
I do my work every day
Consult with my supervisor if I'm not sure about certain work
Attend meeting the are any meeting on the particular day
Socials with my coleagues during lunch time
Enjoying to see everyone happy
working as secretary i can say its challege because sometimes u come across with different people some they don't have sance of humer bt i enjoyed .
sesretary (Former Employee), Nelspruit, MPJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: 30 mins
Cons: 12 hourse sometime working on weekeds
i love working with people especial different and i also love working on a challege because im this kind of person different people i have come across in the workplace.
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee), Utrecht, ZNJanuary 29, 2014
I almost enjoy every task of my job. I also train my co-works hence they are knew in this environment and I manage them well and my job.
Productive and willingness to work, balanced work and fun and disciplined work ethics
Experiencial trainee (Current Employee), Hazyview, MPJanuary 29, 2014
okay
learned alot rotational work
willing to co-operate with other workers
No adequate space to work properly but i enjoyed working here
Dietitian (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good working relationship, departmental lunch and teambuilding parties
Cons: clustering in the office
Ward rounds were conducted daily with medical doctors in the wards
Nutrition assessment, management and counselling of patient was done on daily basis.
one of the challenging part is lack of nutritional supplements, lack of resources and money
Good working experience gained and the enjoyable part of the job is to see your client or patient discharged – more... and satisfied about the service rendered. – less
Productive and Energetic Work Place
Supply Officer III (Former Employee), Manila, P00January 25, 2014
Its been a pleasant and memorable work with so hospitable co-worker and administrative staff.
We implemented a work and play programme, different sports played during wrk time from 15h00 to 16h00
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Mseleni, ZNJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: accommodation provided, medical aid sponsered
Cons: long hours were especilly when data submission is due
Huge organization, but good relations, and the management meets the staff on monthly basis.
Senior Admin Clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: being off on weekends
Cons: no specific growth within my section
Come in. Do tasks at hand, follow my daily routine that includes checking in on my management doing there adminstrative work, capture NPO payments, Liase with stalkholders and socialise with fellow coleageus during Lunch or tea breaks.
The toughest part of my job will be Not being able to help NPO or Stalkholders with there challenges after I've done – more... all things possible.
Most enjoyable part of my Job is when I learn new things about it. – less
developmental and productive
Registrar: Northern Cape College of Emergency Care (Current Employee), Kimberley, NCJanuary 21, 2014
a typical day at work - planning of work processes and procedures, strategic planning meetings to align training with operations. mentoring and coaching recruits. people management. Dealing with enquiries. Drafting reports.

What I learned - Without proper planning projects can fail and if people are not happy at work it can have a negative impact on – more... what you want to achieve as a team. if work is not structured your team members can deviate from their tasks and have no outputs at the end of the day.

The hardest part of the job - is to get management to buy in to what you want to achieve and to always hear about financial constraints when a project is feasible.

planning sessions is the most enjoyable part of the job because everyone throws their ideas on the table and it always leaves me with surprises and it brings me closer to the rest of the team members. – less
Loved It!
Senior Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: every thing
Cons: it was ops temp, i wish i could have stayed.
I would Clock in, See if there was any letters that needed to be sent off, assigned child coordinators to homes, Excel, Microsoft HMS Usage every day, filed,fax, and scanned. I learned alot of office work while working there. Co-workers where friendly, helpful, team players , I loved working with them. There was not really any hard parts of the job – more... because I learned so quickly. I loved doing the small projects that was asked of me, and I loved Working with People and knowing Help was being received to homes in need. – less
Productive workplace
Admin (Former Employee), Kimberley, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: benefits-housing, medical, leave
Cons: nothing realy
I learned everything I know about Human Resource Management at the Department. I had good co workers that were hardworking and some of them not so hard working. The hardest part of this job was that everything landed on my table. I enjoy to work hard, but I am only one human being. The part I most enjoyed was working with the employees and assisting – more... them. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Principal Network Controller (Current Employee), Bloemfontein, FSJanuary 15, 2014
*When your on Helpdesk for the week, you must answer the phone and try to help solve the users problems over the phone, otherwise you log a call for the other co-workers.
* You need to spool the printers everyday also on weekends (if you're on call)
*Also attend to other calls the week that you're not on helpdesk.
*Sometimes you need to give training – more... to some of the users depending on new hardware or software.
*Install new equipment and software, like printers, barcode printers and computers.
*I'm responsible for the hospitals website. Any changes the CEO wants I must do. Also keep all the information up to date.
*Creating new users on the hospital system. – less
FUN WORK PLACE
ADMIN CLERK (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes we get free lunches when the department has perfomed well.
Cons: management sometimes dont allow us to work overtime when we have a backlog, to overcome the log.
it is a fun place to work at and i enjoy most of the time working there. i have learned to work on different systems and to work with different kinds of people for example the third party, vendors, suppliers and contractors. i have learned to liase with such people, therefore i have developed my customer service experience. I have learned to work independantly. – more... I have learned to be reliable and trsutworthy to management staff by ensuring that i handle all the queries they have and work extra mile that is working out of my daily norms. i have learned to work well with my collegues,i.e being a team player. the hardest part of my job is that it is not always possible for us as the department to make payments on time due to problems that we always get from end users and other parties involved,now at the end of the day,you as the clerk get an audit query on your order that was not paid on time. the most enjoyable part is when the end user get what they requested and suppliers are paid on time. – less