Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
wonderful work place
Office Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2014
Cons: it was only for the summer
I was a Office Aide to about five people and they keep me very busy.
it was a very fast past environment
Productive work place
Operations Management Consultant (Former Employee), Duval countyMay 21, 2014
Florida Department of Health provides training and continually makes room for improvement.
productive workplace
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Bacolod, P06May 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: necessary travel
very good employer taht updates us with latest informations and seminars
Fast paced work enviornment
Clerical Office Worker (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMay 19, 2014
Pros: clean office atmosphere
Cons: no overtime
Diverse atmosphere working with clients requesting for food benefits. registering, certifying, scheduling appointments, issuing benefits. mostly a clerical position which I enjoyed working with the group of people that was there

The hardest part of the job was trying to get everybody to be seen with minimal amount of wait time. Being able to help the – more... clients in their time of need gave me a great deal of satisfaction – less
productive and lots of experience
administration clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 13, 2014
I get alot of exposure and expereience here. Get on the job training
healthy working relationship
Volunteer Clerk (Former Employee), Kuruman, NCMay 13, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
hard working person,willing to learn more about the company,willing to work overtime and shifts.
productive
administration clerk (Current Employee), Victoria West, NCMay 11, 2014
Cons: overtimes
contact with clients
client services comes first
challenges in maximising revenue in these economic conditions
reaching targets
Productive, Team player always ready to work
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 6, 2014
Advanced Auto Parts & Batteries
Miami, Florida, 2002 – 2006
Store Assistant Manager

• Matured into the Assistant Manager at a regional store for one of the largest auto parts and batteries franchises on the east coast of the United States.
• Assisted in managing and maintaining inventory and budget for store.
• Monitored systems to ensure proper procedures – more... were being administered by employees.
• Utilized computerized systems to initiate and complete service orders while handling customer requests.
• Successfully recruited and trained new team members to build rapport with long standing mechanical customers that referred other customers to our store.
• Interacted with vendors and maintained active database to facilitate detailed continuity books for all positions throughout store. – less
exciting and rewarding job
Psychological Tech (Current Employee), Los Lunas NMMay 5, 2014
Pros: its rewarding seeing progress in the individual
Cons: long hours
a typical day would be assisting the individuals getting ready for the day.Provide routine, personal health care, provide instruction and psychological support to our individuals.
Travel on suburban areas
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee), TampakanMay 5, 2014
I have to travel on far places and conduct health teachings on people needs information about health. Also I provide Health care assistance on clients needs assistance on their daily living.
focused,dedicated and hardworking
labour relations intern (Former Employee), Rustenburg, NWMay 5, 2014
Pros: workshops
most likely to focus on decided cases and learn more about grievances and disciplinary cases and finding ways to resolve disputes

I am a people's person a lady with a smile and big hard

interact with management well

hardest part will be seeing people crying during hearings

I really enjoy doing what is right and resolving disputes and correcting – more... bad conduct – less
Serving the residents of the District of Columbia who was HIV positive
Adolescent Screening Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low morale
During my early year of working for the agency we serviced the public by attending all Health Fairs.

The agency totally moved aware from servicing the public and bring awareness to the public regarding at risk behavior and the dangers of at risk behavior. It became more about politic than the cause itself, the Administrator position was a revolving – more... door along with Prevention and Intervention Services Division. Each year there was a new Administrator and Chief of Prevention. Each came with new idea's which allow the agency to be further and further from the public and servicing the public.

This is why the numbers in the District of Columbia was higher than a third world country.

If, the agency could get back to servicing the clients & the public it and stop making it a step stone of recognition. – less
Medical disability examiner (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: a lot of hard word
A fast paced work environment. Stressful at times, but I was new at reading medical records. Management and Coworkers were very helpful and cooperative. The most difficult part of the job was taking the customers daily activities by phone instead of having them mail in the applications. The best part was issuing disabilitiy allowances and checks.
Very productive and fast paced environment
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), El Dorado, ARMay 1, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: advancement
I enjoyed working for the Department of Health because everyday I got to do what I loved to do and that was help people. Like any job you have moments, but knowing that I could provide great courteous customer service to the public and calm them when they were worried made every moment worth it. I learned patience, how to handle situations that easily – more... got out of hand, but most of all I worked with a great group of people who appreciated my hard work. The hardest part of the job, was when a mother would come in after losing a baby and was seeking help anywhere they could, and there was nothing you could do to console them in that moment, but you did any and everything in your power to try. – less
Low pressure atmosphere, nice doctors and nurses
LVN/ Researcher, Scheduler (Former Employee), Elk Grove California and Ione CaliforniaApril 30, 2014
Pros: just knowing we make a difference in the lives of others was enough
Cons: sometimes we had a lot of resistance from the department itself.
The overall rating of the Department was very good. We had a tremendous work load to get done and we all pulled together as a team to accomplish a great deal.
My management day was gathering statistics from the data base and working with the other researchers and doctors to find similarities in our data. We then collated the information into sub-groups – more... for study.
The toughest part of our job was deciding on the data.
Our project was to find out why our inmates had a higher incident of illness than the general indigenous population around the prison. This serious health concern was very important to our overall function of the clinic system and the medical treatment of our clients. The Centers for Disease Control worked with us to solve many issues in our prison system with the containment of disease. Treatment and process were defined by our findings. Real change was instituted in the medical treatment of our inmates which gave all of us a great deal of satisfaction. All people receive the level of care required for their issues. – less
when we do monthly visits to the districts
Senior Information Officer (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 30, 2014
Cons: when we do our depaertmental monitoring and evaluation preparations
i manage 4 people in my team, we will have a meeting every morning to rec=view what we did yesterday and the way forward
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee), East London, ECApril 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 1 hour
Performance of a compliance check, to ensure that the client has adhered to all statutory requirements and regulations, regarding the preparation, maintenance and submission of various reports as per the requirements of Treasury and other applicable statute. The compliance check would also ensure that compliance regarding the safety standards regarding – more... the working condition of employees and general environment is met.

To build constructive relationships and liaison with both internal and external stakeholders, maintain independence and ensure cost- effective quality service to all clients and stakeholders. – less
Lovely
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Trenton, NJApril 19, 2014
Working in a office was very new to me, but once I got adjusted within the few minutes I was there, people were saying I should come work there permanently.
Work Oriented
CIVIL ENGINEER II (Former Employee), PhilippinesApril 16, 2014
Pros: enough salary
Cons: god benefits
I enjoy my work for I am dedicated with it. I love to finish the task that has given to me in time with quality.
productive
Data Capturer (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Phalaborwa, LPApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long distance
My day started from 07h00 to 16h00 hours Monday to Fridays only. Even though I was volunteering, it was my first ever job that I saw myself waking up every morning going to work.

My management team was supporting and encouraging to me all the time. We still have a good relationship even though I left the Department.

What I enjoyed most was the part – more... that I initially volunteered to be a Typist, but I ended up doing more than that and as a result I learned more and gained valuable experience during my time at the facility. – less