Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary is not enough to subsides myself.
On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.
Translation requests are frequent as well.
My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday – more... (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person. – less
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and informative
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was – more... provided from the managers and supervisors. – less
excellent
Retired (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i – more... saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same. – less
I enjoyed going to work as I believe I have yet to experience a work day in my career
Clerk Specialist (Former Employee), Silver City, NMAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, advancement
I enjoy the interactions of my bosses, co-workers and all those who cross my path on daily basises.
I enjoy being part of a team to resolve issues.
I enjoy multi tasking and have become a pro with juggling appointments/schedules to fit everyone's needs
fun work place
Care Giver (Former Employee), Polokwane, LPAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches and tea
Cons: long hours
* at a work place we meeting people with no patient.
* How to reports and record
* Strict Management: they need people who communicate and observe
* They rely on the PNA (Pupil Nursing Auxiliary) and PCG (Pupil Care Givers) (Students)
* Lifting patients
* Bed Making
Productive and fun working environment
Speech Therapist (Current Employee), Calvinia, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Cons: offices need to be shared with another therapist
This year has not only taught me much about myself and how to work in a multidisciplinary team, but also how to productively work, refer patients, assess, provide intervention and make a diagnosis.

I love my work!
Work life
Principal Network Controller (Former Employee), Bloemfontein, FSAugust 14, 2014
Pros: leave, benefits
Cons: mundane, tedious and monotonous work
A typical day at work could be anything from heavily busy to not doing anything all day. And the not doing anything all day became a norm more than it was an exception, so I had to leave. It was a nice environment but it was too relaxed. I didn't feel challenged. The benefits were great but the work growth was slow.
MEETING NEW FACES
PATIENT ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee), Polokwane, LPAugust 14, 2014
Pros: sometimes during awareness
Cons: when emegencies arrived we work long hours.
MY FIRST DAY AT WORK NOT KNOWING ANYONE.
GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILL IS VERY IMPORTANT.
WORK UNDER PRESSURE.
ABILITY TO WORK AS A TEAM.
COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES'NT KNOW YOUR LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH.
WORKING AS A TEAM.
Fun and productive workplace
Midwife (Former Employee), Sri LankaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: seeing happy families as a new baby is born.
Cons: sometimes in difficult situations, baby has problem with birth is hard to see.
I was a Midwife back home in Sri Lanka. I loved educating mothers on how to care for their newborn and delivered many babies as well. It was a great environment and made me very happy.
they move thier employees for various occupation for experience on different jobs, as motivation
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Bethal, MPAugust 13, 2014
Pros: sleeping out and playing soccer
Cons: travelling alot and meetings
pressure to keep up with payment dead lines

I learn to be patient and show good memory about the client

Its wonderful to work with co-operating co-worker, well placed assistance.

Hardest part pay accurate figures and not miss place orders.

Reconciling and understanding of suppliers. paying client on time.
Epidemiologist (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPAugust 13, 2014
Currently I’m working at the Department of Health in Limpopo Province under Public Health Programmes as an Epidemiologist managing Epidemiology Services sub directorate where I’m coordinating the Disease Surveillance systems, Communicable Disease Control, Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV & Syphilis Survey and disease outbreaks in the Province. Also – more... responsible for providing the provincial epidemiological health profiles and involved in various training activities with District Health Programme Managers and Public Health Program coordinators on Epidemic Preparedness and Response. – less
productive
Internship (Former Employee), Messina, LPAugust 11, 2014
it was learning. how to dress when u go to work and the co workers the where very nice
Productive and fun working place
Principal Personnel Officer HRD (Current Employee), Queenstown, ECAugust 4, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: long hours
I learned how to train large amount of people and how to do reports.
I supervised interns and managed to give report to managers on monthly basis.
I have good relationship with co-workers
The hardest part of the job is to cost pmds amounts when it time for payment.
My most enjoyable part of my job is when I train employees or assisting where – more... m needed. – less
Speech-language therapist (Current Employee), Durban, ZNAugust 1, 2014
Time management is required and a different variety of patients were seen.
Productive, learned alot, great work experience
Intern (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 31, 2014
Great place to work, meet a lot of people from within the community. Great coworkers, who are enthused to teach new hires. Most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to give back to the people of the community.
n/a
Health Assistant (Former Employee), washington dcJuly 31, 2014
I like this job I wish I was there full time but I was just there as a temp but If I could go back I would
Excellent place to learn about regulation of professions and more
Regulatory Analyst I (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful opportunity to learn and grow in state government.
Cons: pay isn't great.
I worked in the bureau of Medical Quality Assurance (MQA) in the Testing Services Unit. I learned a lot about the professional examination process and the regulation of several professions. Although I only worked there for a short period of time, I learned a lot and had many resources to gain information from.
productive
Human Resource Officer (Inservice training) (Former Employee), KZNJuly 21, 2014
Almost the same as agriculture but there was less pressure as compared to Agriculture.
Excellent workplace. Learned how to enter Survey Results into the Access Database
Customer Service/Survey Taker (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2014
Pros: excellent learning environment
Cons: position was temporary
I was able to work from 12 noon to 4pm everyday. I would first sort out all my Surveys that were completed and enter them into the Access Database, then I would begin calling the customers on my list and start the surveys. My Co-workers and Management were very helpful. I was able to learn a new skill which was entering surveys into the Access Database. – more... This was also my most enjoyable part of the job because I am always open to learn new things. The hardest part of the job was when my contract ended, position was Temporary. But I was offered to return if my help was needed in the future. – less
Hard work and challenges different every day
Professional nurse - Assistant manager nursing (Current Employee), Worcester, WCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benifits such as medical, pension, rural allowances, housing allowances
Cons: staff challenges - understaff
It is a challenge working for Department of Health but a challenge that I took because of my passion for my work.It overs great oppurtunities for further studies and Professional growth.Understaffing is a problem in the rural areas.Dissiplinary matters is a hard p[art of my job but neccesary .I was blessed to work with colleques who was teamplayers.

1 2 3 4 5