Department Of Health Employee Review

View all Department Of Health reviews

excellent
Retired (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS12 January 2013
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same.
Pros
working with people
Cons
trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed

Other Department Of Health Employee Reviews

touching ones lives as a field nurse
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Fernando, La Union13 July 2017
I decided to have a home visit to my sick child client to their house. I checked on how do the parents of my client follows my instructions in taking the medications of the child in order for him to get well. After a half of an hour discussions, the parents were glad that I visited them on their home just to see and check to their sick child. They gave me a free snack as a form of gratitude for me.
Pros
Free snacks and lunch
Cons
1 - 2 hours
Good salary and great people to work with
Live-in Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 December 2016
I am able to practice my nursing knowledge and skills. My co-workers have good sense of responsibility and kind. I am able to learn different kinds of practice by directly interacting with the patients or clients.