Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Productive and alive workplace
Nurse (Current Employee), P09November 8, 2014
Well, a typical day for me during at work is a quite busy because a lot patients I've encountered each day and I've learned their different personality as well. In terms of management, i think i did my best to give health care services to the clients. To my co-workers, i must say they were great in a sense that they were absolutely good when it comes – more... to their work performances, they really gave their effort just to render services to the clients and i really love their company as well...I think the hardest part of my job is when there's a rain every time i will go to my assigned area "far flung areas".. – less
productive and fun with joyful officemates
Architect (Current Employee), Palo, SKSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: distant main office
i usually start my office day at 7:30 am and and it all started with the a scan on my memo for the "to do's" for the day it may be planning and designing or if not i will on travel for monitoring of on going projects. on certain day of the month i'll be doing some reports on the
travels made, it may be a project accomplishment, validate structures reported – more... for some defects or damage.
form this office i have learned to manage my time in office and on site projects. – less
good
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Barugo, PhilippinesMarch 20, 2014
This was a good experience and a chanllenging one. I learned a lot from this experience and is very excited for a new exciting job that will help me grow as a professional.
fun busy
Nurse (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 21, 2014
busy everyday.. a lot of patient coming in and out. many doctor's demand
Department of health rn heals- quite fun
Rn HEALS ( NewCabalan RHU) (Former Employee), PhilippinesSeptember 21, 2013
Cons: long hours
We have a bulk of jobs but not properly paid in terms of amount of salary and time of payday
My typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary is not enough to subsides myself.
On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.
Translation requests are frequent as well.
My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday – more... (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person. – less
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and informative
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was – more... provided from the managers and supervisors. – less
I've learned how to be a good public health nurse...
NURSE I (Current Employee), Dagupan City, Pangasinan, PhilippinesNovember 17, 2014
Pros: program incentive (measles-rubella opv mass immunization)
Cons: health care insurance excluded in our benefits, no transportation allowance, etc
The most hardest part I've experienced was when I endorsed my 1 community barangay to our new hired fellow public health nurse. It was really hard for me to give up that most organized and self reliant community, indeed, but I had no choice.

I believed, it would be fair enough for our new co-worker if I'l give him my most organized community barangay, – more... considering the fact that he's just new to our world.

Just hoping that he would maintain or improve what I started. – less
Very productive, educational ,busy and fun.
SUPERVISING PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Philippines, Region 3 ZambalesNovember 11, 2014
Pros: trainings, workshop and seminars
Cons: long hours
A typical day like monitoring and supervision of retail pharmacy and making & submission of report, I learned that most of the program of the Department of Health is relevant to the Filipino people. Management and supervision of Pharmacy is very interesting with my co-workers they are very supportive. Hardest part of the job is when there is disaster – more... and outbreak disease, we have to work very hard to assist the people in need for the medical assistance and allocation of disaster medicines. And the most enjoyable part is when we have the Training to other place or out of country with my collea
gue. – less
Overall
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 6, 2014
A typical day at work consist of ordering office supplies,nutrition education materials, entering requisitions into the PASS System to convert into Purchase Orders. Coordinate staff meetings and trainings for staff. Preparing travel documents on a daily basis and purchasing materials with the government purchase card. The hardest part of the job is – more... when employees are slow in answering emails that pertains to a specific document that is due. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you answer the telephones and clients are on the other side asking for help with food and you can refer them to the appropriate site to apply. – less
Carreer path
Enrolled Nursing (Current Employee), Witbank, MPOctober 30, 2014
Pros: benefits & job security
Cons: the hospital is in an isolated area
Growth opportunities are really limited especially with regard to sending staff members to school
It was unorganized
Finance Officer (Former Employee), Kimberley, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers was nice to work with, learned a new program
Cons: no equipment to work with
Dont have to much to say. It was not was expected and Batho Pele Principles was not followed by most of the people. My co-workers and I hit it off on the first day already. I was first relocated to the one hospital where I could make use of my abilities and learned a new program.
A very challenging kind of work
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (Current Employee), Manila, P00October 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, able to travel
Cons: with deadlines
It brings out something about yourself you thought you don't have. It will help you know yourself and your purpose.
Soccer and singing
Senior Admin Clerk (Current Employee), Rustenburg, NWOctober 27, 2014
Pros: bring my own lunch box
Cons: tea time
Daily basis I overcome some challenges whereby some employees don't want to change or learn new things, resistance to change.
Different cultures and behaviors
Each and everyday I treat it as a new productive day
everything was wonderful except when deadlines not meet
DATA CAPTURE (Former Employee), Lusikisiki, ECOctober 27, 2014
Pros: retreat
Cons: 8
Deadline days
Spirit of workers
Wonderful Management
They were wonderful
Working towards deadlines
When the deadlines are meet
Productive and Fun Workplace
Principal Personnel Officer (Current Employee), Nelspruit, MPOctober 24, 2014
Pros: monthly garthering
Cons: work long hours with no overtime
Normal work routine everyday with difference activities.
I have learned much about how to deal with diverse cultures and managerial skills.
Management its a good performance all supervisors are looking after their workers.
my co-workers have a relationship it feels like home. You even miss them when its weekend. They play an encouraging role in work – more... environment and personal relation.
the hardest part of the work its when you don't get feed back from the Head Office and Institutions. Especial when you are not rated in the Three months term.
The most enjoyable part its when you have stress and get encouraged by your super visor and create the same stress as a Joke. While being encouraged it makes you feel better after a while. – less
clinic
 – more... DAILY SUMMARY
• MONTHLY SUMMARY
5. TO ACHIEVED THE MONTHLY QUOTA GIVEN BY THE MANAGER – less
cool working place
Administrative Aide for Medical Assistance Program (Current Employee), Manila, P00October 22, 2014
Cons: no breaks
The hardest part of the job is not on how many patients arrive during the day,not on how many datas to encode,but it is on when you cannot help the person in need because of some limitations and you know that that person is so much in need of your help.
At the end of the day it still feels good because you were able to help a lot of people and you know – more... you have served them well. – less
Great Place!!!!!!!
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Quincy, FLOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great hours!!!!!
Cons: lay-offs........
I really Loved working with the Clients. I learned a lot about Medical Records. Management was okay. The most enjoyable part of the job, was working M-F.
• Display a high degree of integrity, compassion and responsibility towards the client population
Staff Nurse/Nurse Educator (Former Employee), St Croix USVIOctober 16, 2014
• Assessed, planned, implemented, and evaluated professional nursing services in clinic and community settings.
• Administered medication and treatments in accordance with prescribed medical instructions.
• Provided specific instructions in community setting and clinics regarding the prevention and control of communicable diseases.
• Maintained clinic – more... and field records in accordance with standard protocol for documentation.
• Evaluated education/outreach program operations and recommended changes in organization and procedures as required meeting program objectives.
• Served as facilitator for Spanish speaking patients, and provided translation for clinicians.
• Participated in quality assurance activities, developed reports based on findings and recommended corrective measures.
• Obtained a comprehensive health history and performed appropriate tests when applicable to identify individual and family needs and facilitated treatment plan of care.
• Developed and implemented education and outreach services in accordance with regulations.
• Liaison with community organizations to carry out health education programs and other services as deemed appropriate.
• Delivered contraceptive methods counseling, education and assessment for initial use as well as ongoing evaluation for method continuation.
• Provided scientific based and culturally acceptable health education within the clinic, field or telephone based with a focus on disease prevention, wellness, and management
• Provided education on reproductive health and sexually transmitted infections, abnormal laboratory results, and initiate referrals when appropriate.
• Accrued new clientele through conducting targeted in–reach, community outreach, and promotion services.
• Aided in the initiation of rapid HIV testing in the program, performed testing/counseling, and monitored continuous effectiveness of tests and documentation requirements.
• Provided the follow-up care needed for patients with abnormal Pap results through the coordination of scheduling appointments and assisting in procedures ensuring that client’s needs are met.
• Assisted with orientation of new clinical personnel. – less