Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and challenging
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), philippinesJune 25, 2015
Pros: more benefits
it is challenging to work with some doctors and nurses in the department of health.. team work is visible especially when we have cases that need to be solve.
i learned to value the time and tasks that it is given to me.
Productive and very fulfilling job.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee), P05March 16, 2015
Being a nurse requires passion and dedication for you to be able to convince patients, let them feel that you just want to help them in your own little way.

The hardest part of the job was your patience is being tested all the time.There were patients who were hard-headed and it's very hard to convince them.

But, at the end of the day, it's a great feeling that somehow you have helped someone.
A Productive and alive workplace
Nurse (Current Employee), P09November 8, 2014
Well, a typical day for me during at work is a quite busy because a lot patients I've encountered each day and I've learned their different personality as well. In terms of management, i think i did my best to give health care services to the clients. To my co-workers, i must say they were great in a sense that they were absolutely good when it comes to their work performances, they really gave their effort just to render services to the clients and i really love their company as well...I think the hardest part of my job is when there's a rain every time i will go to my assigned area "far flung areas"..
productive and fun with joyful officemates
Architect (Current Employee), Palo, SKSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: distant main office
i usually start my office day at 7:30 am and and it all started with the a scan on my memo for the "to do's" for the day it may be planning and designing or if not i will on travel for monitoring of on going projects. on certain day of the month i'll be doing some reports on the
travels made, it may be a project accomplishment, validate structures reported for some defects or damage.
form this office i have learned to manage my time in office and on site projects.
good
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Barugo, PhilippinesMarch 20, 2014
This was a good experience and a chanllenging one. I learned a lot from this experience and is very excited for a new exciting job that will help me grow as a professional.
Department of health rn heals- quite fun
Rn HEALS ( NewCabalan RHU) (Former Employee), PhilippinesSeptember 21, 2013
Cons: long hours
We have a bulk of jobs but not properly paid in terms of amount of salary and time of payday
My typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary is not enough to subsides myself.
On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.
Translation requests are frequent as well.
My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person.
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and informative
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was provided from the managers and supervisors.
excellent
Retired (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same.