Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Productive and alive workplace
Nurse (Current Employee), P09November 8, 2014
Well, a typical day for me during at work is a quite busy because a lot patients I've encountered each day and I've learned their different personality as well. In terms of management, i think i did my best to give health care services to the clients. To my co-workers, i must say they were great in a sense that they were absolutely good when it comes to their work performances, they really gave their effort just to render services to the clients and i really love their company as well...I think the hardest part of my job is when there's a rain every time i will go to my assigned area "far flung areas"..
productive and fun with joyful officemates
Architect (Current Employee), Palo, SKSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: distant main office
i usually start my office day at 7:30 am and and it all started with the a scan on my memo for the "to do's" for the day it may be planning and designing or if not i will on travel for monitoring of on going projects. on certain day of the month i'll be doing some reports on the
travels made, it may be a project accomplishment, validate structures reported for some defects or damage.
form this office i have learned to manage my time in office and on site projects.
good
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Barugo, PhilippinesMarch 20, 2014
This was a good experience and a chanllenging one. I learned a lot from this experience and is very excited for a new exciting job that will help me grow as a professional.
fun busy
Nurse (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 21, 2014
busy everyday.. a lot of patient coming in and out. many doctor's demand
Department of health rn heals- quite fun
Rn HEALS ( NewCabalan RHU) (Former Employee), PhilippinesSeptember 21, 2013
Cons: long hours
We have a bulk of jobs but not properly paid in terms of amount of salary and time of payday
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and informative
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was provided from the managers and supervisors.
excellent
Retired (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same.
Competent
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: motivation of employees
Cons: not recognising good performers
Very committed, dedicated and competed individual to work with in order to achieve the objectives of the organization. Visionary leader and good mentor to colleagues and Junior staff within the organization. Employees must be motivated to perform to the best of their abilities
Productive workplace
Skills Development Facilitator (Intern) (Former Employee), Engcobo, ECJanuary 22, 2015
Dealing with different people and relating with them. Dealing with different stakeholders also.
explotive and exting working place
data capturer (Current Employee), KwaNgwanaseJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no room for growth
I receive statistics from various department ,verify and capturer on the system. Atttend meetings, compile minutes etc

i have learned a lot of Health elements and structure of the hospital or How the Department of Health operate

i interact mostly with the management because they usualy request information from me.

I enjoy working with my co-workers as they are friendly and helpful( it like we are a family)

the hardest part of my jo is when the statistics is not submitted in time, it prolonges my responsibilty and deadlines

the most enjoyable part of my job is when management get what they want
Helping people
condition to manager or supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Cleaning common areas, assist with cooking and sometime doctor visits.
Productive and good work place
Nurse (Current Employee), P12January 19, 2015
Pros: with tev on some travels related to the program
Cons: no free philhealth and gsis or pag-ibig
there are busy days with a lot of patients but there are also times that the patient are slowing down. I learned a lot on how to deal with the community, how to have patience when you are serving the community. The management is fine. Some co-workers are good and some have a bad attitude. Any job is hard but if you love your job you will just work everyday loving it except if you have a co-workers with bad attitudes. But I can handle those attitudes of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is to serve the community even if they are in the far flung areas.
fun to work there and a lot is learnt every day
human resources intern (Former Employee), Kranskop, ZNJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good woking environment
Cons: sometimes working on lunch time
it was fun working for the department and I learnt a lot of things practically which I did theoretically at university and the co workers were great, supportive and professional and management was open to discuss any problems I face and I enjoyed working with different people and I mostly enjoyed working with performance management tool
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Learned working in a very fast paced and challenging environment
Productive and busy department dealing with varying health issues in the community and environment.
Secretary/Admin. Asst to the Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee), KEMH Point Finger Rd, PagetJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great working environment; very comfortable and relaxed.
Cons: n/a
The Environment Health Office dealt with a variety of concerns including the inspection and licensing of a number of premises throughout the Island. These included food establishments, restaurants, grocery stores, beauty salons/spas, childcare establishments/nurseries and several others. The inspectors would go out into their assigned sections and inspect the properties for cleanliness, functionality and provide advice to property owners on how to meet the necessary requirements in order to keep their businesses open. My job consisted of producing correspondence, typing letters to business owners and the processing and issuance of health certification.

Everyone worked as a very cohesive team, not only providing a needed service, but having a few laughs along the way. The Chief Officer worked well with the staff, graciously opening her home to after hour activities on Friday evenings. She could be very stern and strict with work, but was always pleasant and promoted the positive attitude and encouraged staff growth. I also had the opportunity to work as the Administrative Assistant to the Chief Medical Officer, during his assistant's illness. This gave me the chance to associate with other members of the department and learn the workings of the Ministry office. It should be noted that I split my time between the two offices, doing two entirely jobs concurrently. The hardest part of my job was actually when I left to pursue another career option. However, I have maintained friendly relationships and do keep in touch. Sadly, the Chief Environment Health Officer passed away this summer after a long illness.
am a very productive kind of person who makes sure that my job is complete at all times
Admin clerk/Data Capturer (Current Employee), Queenstown, ECJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: normal hours
learnt a lot in this department,from finance to admin,learnt how to manage time in order to have my job done on time,had a good communication and good relationship with fellow employees
Good platform for personal and professional development
Acting Quality assurance/Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Mafikeng, NWJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: working under preasure
Responding to emails and general correspondence for the program with all stakeholders
Checking progress on activities at the facilities
Supporting health care workers on challenges met in their daily work
Acountable to supervisors in regard to all activities done at facilities
Woking as a great team with other priority Health programs
Having to counsil clients and staff members who face challenges
Shortage of staff leading non- compliance to meeting goals and targets
Making a diffrence in the Health Department
Supply Chain Officer (Former Employee), Ulundi, ZNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: celebration of birthdays for staff members
Cons: very bad weather, very cold in winter
A very busy hospital which has a lot of patients, that constitute a lot of pressure on a daily basis. I have learned to be patient and to work hard. I had a very good relationship between my management and my staff. I had difficulty when I had to do everything that concern the Stores like receiving of heavy goods and also issuing of stock for the departments. I enjoyed to be amongst the people who supported me in every situation that I went through.
Highlight
Assistant Manager: Pharmaceutical Services (Current Employee), East London, ECDecember 31, 2014
Pros: learning new thigs every day, proffessional and personal dvelopment
Cons: extra workhighlights without recognition
My job is very interesting but can be challenging sometimes. The highlights in the current year was the well establishment of the provincial pharmacy and therapeutics committee. I am the secretariat of the committee and have invested a lot of energy in the success of this committee. This year we even developed the latest medicine formulary. I have used my clinical and technical skills to develop the formulary with the assistance of the members of the committee and through continous communication with the prescribers. Team work and communication goes a long way in the success of any project, that is one of my major learning points during this period.
It is fun because everyday you come accross different challanges
State Accountant (Former Employee), Louis Trichardt, LPDecember 30, 2014
Pros: lunch during management meetings
Cons: working long hours
Everyday you learn new things
My co-workers are supportive
My surbidinates also are supportive
We work as a team
The management team is suportive to each other
Unavailabilty of funds to pay suppliers

1 2 3 4 5