Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Had a fulfilling job by serving the poorest of the poor communities.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  QMMC Compound, Metro Manila4 November 2016
Able to work and provide service to the under served people of the community.
Did information campaigns for disease prevention and health promotion to the poor people.
Acted as a supervisor to the Community Health Team, a pilot project of the Department of Health of the Philippine government t evaluate the health level and awareness of the people.
Pros
Gives oppotunities to numerous unemployed nurses.
Cons
Does not have benefits like social security.
Doh
Project Manager / Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC26 July 2016
DOH was not a very good place for a person like me as people are not ready for change. It was hard to implement any new process as people are used to do doing things old ways.
productive and challenging
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  philippines25 June 2015
it is challenging to work with some doctors and nurses in the department of health.. team work is visible especially when we have cases that need to be solve.
i learned to value the time and tasks that it is given to me.
Pros
more benefits
Productive and very fulfilling job.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  P0516 March 2015
Being a nurse requires passion and dedication for you to be able to convince patients, let them feel that you just want to help them in your own little way.

The hardest part of the job was your patience is being tested all the time.There were patients who were hard-headed and it's very hard to convince them.

But, at the end of the day, it's a great feeling that somehow you have helped someone.
A Productive and alive workplace
Nurse (Current Employee) –  P098 November 2014
Well, a typical day for me during at work is a quite busy because a lot patients I've encountered each day and I've learned their different personality as well. In terms of management, i think i did my best to give health care services to the clients. To my co-workers, i must say they were great in a sense that they were absolutely good when it comes to their work performances, they really gave their effort just to render services to the clients and i really love their company as well...I think the hardest part of my job is when there's a rain every time i will go to my assigned area "far flung areas"..
productive and fun with joyful officemates
Architect (Current Employee) –  Palo, SK4 September 2014
i usually start my office day at 7:30 am and and it all started with the a scan on my memo for the "to do's" for the day it may be planning and designing or if not i will on travel for monitoring of on going projects. on certain day of the month i'll be doing some reports on the
travels made, it may be a project accomplishment, validate structures reported for some defects or damage.
form this office i have learned to manage my time in office and on site projects.
Pros
free foods
Cons
distant main office
good
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Barugo, Philippines20 March 2014
This was a good experience and a chanllenging one. I learned a lot from this experience and is very excited for a new exciting job that will help me grow as a professional.
fun busy
Nurse (Former Employee) –  philippines21 February 2014
busy everyday.. a lot of patient coming in and out. many doctor's demand
My typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 April 2013
On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.
Translation requests are frequent as well.
My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person.
Pros
free parking
Cons
salary is not enough to subsides myself.
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2013
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was provided from the managers and supervisors.
Pros
experience and informative
excellent
Retired (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS12 January 2013
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same.
Pros
working with people
Cons
trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed