Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Barugo, PhilippinesMarch 20, 2014
This was a good experience and a chanllenging one. I learned a lot from this experience and is very excited for a new exciting job that will help me grow as a professional.
fun busy
Nurse (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 21, 2014
busy everyday.. a lot of patient coming in and out. many doctor's demand
great sense of team work, stressful work environment
Social Worker (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: working with children and families to work towards positive change
Cons: long hours and a stressful work environment
my role was a busy one with a high level of tasks to be achieved. There was a difficult balance to be struck between available resources and the needs of the client. this added to the work pressure. the service was going through a lot of structural changes which were difficult to adjust to in an already stressed work environment.
i had the pleasure – more... of working directly with children and families which was a positive part of the job for me. i conducted in dept assessments with families and supported parents to better meet the needs of their children in a safe way. i liaised with a number of services involved with the child/family and build positive long term working relationships with the clients and professionals alike.
i also had the benefit of working within a team which was a positive to the job also. being able to support and get support from a colleague is a great help in the working environment. i feel i am an excellent team player, a good support to my colleagues and have supervised two students in my position to date.
my work day could be very varied from office work to direct engagement with the clients or other professionals. i would have engaged in on going assessments, written reports on families for court, case conferences etc, attended meetings, met with the clients, supervised accesses between children and parents, met with foster carers and residential centers.
i worked under the supervision of my team leader who was my direct line manager. i also would have had contact with the Principal Social Worker and Alternative Care Manager in the management of cases i worked.
on my team there were five other social worker of varying levels of experience. i had the second highest level of experience on the team and found the my colleagues would have come to me for advice and direction on their cases when the team leader was unavailable. there was a great spirit of team work and support on the team which was punctuated by staff safety. all persons on the team knew each others cases and provided support and co-working when needed both for moral support and if there was any threat to the worker from the client.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the direct work with the clients and building a positive relationship with the clients. i work with some of the clients for long periods of time and was able to see through positive changes with the families. at times the changes i envisaged for the clients or needed to occur for the safety of the children did not occur which led to difficult decisions being made. this was a down side to the job however was necessary where concerns of safety existed. – less
my productive work place is working in the hospital at present i work in department of health
rhmpp (Current Employee), San Fernando, P03June 18, 2013
Pros: they give us allowance
Cons: we also have free transportation
well,right now i'm presently working in department of health as rural health midwife placement program.I learned a lot of things in this job the life of the poorest of the poor .Time management is very important so that i can do my job properly and of course the co-workers has a big role if you will work as a team everything will be done very well ,the – more... hardship is going to their place because their home is very far their home are in the middle of farm no neighborhood .But because they see us were so sincere upon helping them that's why all our hardship all gone because they cooperate ... – less
Very credible government department.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesMay 27, 2013
Pros: continuing education experience
Cons: requires hard and extended time and work
I have worked with this company from the time I started my jobs and I have exceeded all my expectations.
working with patients gives satisfaction doing something for society
Nurse (Former Employee), Amritsar IndiaMay 5, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: no significant promotions
Large Government healthcare company
provides secondary and tertiary care services to the patients
Enjoyed my 1 year contract as a Nurse of Department of Health.
Nurse (Former Employee), Tacloban CityMay 3, 2013
Pros: free allowance
Cons: 1 year contract only
Assist the patients to get their vital signs.
Assist the Physician if there is a minor injury.
Assist for delivery if there will be a mother in active labor.
Took care for the eldery in the Rural Health Unit.
Working in the Rural Health Unit is challenging I've learned how to deal different kinds of patients,
a day at work
nurse (Current Employee), Butuan, P13April 20, 2013
typical day at work would be assisting for patients, filling out their records, establishing rapport to the patients as well as health assessment. I have learned to adapt to a changing environment fast and to relate to different people I met everyday at work.I find my co-workers pleasing to work with. They didn't give me a hard time adjusting to the – more... workplace. I think the hardest part of the job is to think about the hardest part because there wasn't any at the moment. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people, being able to carry out your responsibilities as an employee. – less
My typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary is not enough to subsides myself.
On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.
Translation requests are frequent as well.
My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday – more... (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person. – less
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and informative
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was – more... provided from the managers and supervisors. – less
excellent
Retired (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i – more... saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same. – less
productive
Data Capturer (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Phalaborwa, LPApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long distance
My day started from 07h00 to 16h00 hours Monday to Fridays only. Even though I was volunteering, it was my first ever job that I saw myself waking up every morning going to work.

My management team was supporting and encouraging to me all the time. We still have a good relationship even though I left the Department.

What I enjoyed most was the part – more... that I initially volunteered to be a Typist, but I ended up doing more than that and as a result I learned more and gained valuable experience during my time at the facility. – less
very comfortable work enviornment
Data entry of client information (Former Employee), baltimoreApril 14, 2014
i enjoyed working with the staff. the work place was not at all stressful, and management was organized and always willing to help.
challenging and fullfilling
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPApril 13, 2014
Pros: direct impact on patients wellbeing, challenging, cultural work enviroment, fullfilling, sense of worth.
Cons: work enviroment is old and unclean, staff attitude, resistance to change, no remuneration.
a typical day is extremely busy, usually putting out fires. there is still alot to be done in the public health sector and more professional are needed in order to bring about this change. the staff can be difficult in that it is difficult to change someone who has been doing that very same thing for over twenty years. however my staff and i have learnt – more... how to work together and thus the pharmacy has thrived. the hardest part of my job is not being remunerated for all the work that i have put in which is why i am looking for a new post. also stable senior management is needed in order to complete tasks. iv always said it is not difficult to work in the public sector, in fact the systems are relatively easy to work with. however a definite mind set change is needed. – less
Good Place to work if you want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Health Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FlApril 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits (health, and retirement)
Cons: low salary, not much room for advancement.
No day is ever the same, each day presents its own unique problems and issues that need to be addressed. Working at the Department of Health has increased my skills in case management, along with time management.
formal and busy workplace
office admin (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPApril 11, 2014
-working with patients was not easy at the beggining because they fight always and but i had to comply with batho pele principles.
-I had no experience at all so i decided to volunteer,i learned to work independently and all office duties,data capture,ms word,exel,e mail,internet,pa,
-management was very strict but i was doing my job very well and with – more... no complaints against me.
-working with people of my age was difficult as most of admin were youth but i learned be disciplined and assertive and with team work spirit
-working with sick people,critically injured people was very hard becouse i had to motivate them and encourage them not show them that am afraid.
-when did my excelent job patient will come on a later stage to compliment and also the management will compliment me – less
Productive and a very fun workplace
Administration Clerk (Intern) (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 10, 2014
My daily routine at work is coming in on time and checking emails before starting with anything respond to the problem and requested emails solve problems as soon as possible and responding.
I have learned how to deal with difficult people solve problems filling and keeping all your work up to date and finishing reports on time.
My co-workers if my – more... second home working together as a team and getting too know one another. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have accomplished what you had to do and giving good reports in and correct information or data. – less
Dedicated to my work. Loyal and honest
Technical Adviser (Current Employee), Port MoresbyApril 10, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: 8 hours a day
Every day I go to work (Monday - Friday) and leared alot about the job which I am currently on as it is a very challenging job. My job involve travelling and this inspired me to understand the vision and mission of the organization.

The management of the department is good as they are good leaders who can think and make decision.

My coworkers are – more... good and we all work together to achieve our goals.

I have no hardest part of my job as it is my field. I am always keen to work as a tea girl or cleaner when I see my office dirty.

I enjoy working with consultants as they bring in new ideas and also enjoy travelling as I learned alot from the rural than the city. – less
challenging and must have facts
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee), Newcastle, ZNApril 8, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: you work so hard and put all your effort but there is no recgnition and there is lack of promotion
An agree employee went to staff relations office to complain that I did not implement her Pay Progression (performance money) then my co workers informed me that there is a case that has been launched against me and the managent is also aware of there compalint, Then staff relations came to me to enquire about the complaint. I was shocked but then i – more... took out the file of the employee to find out what happend.
I checked I found out that the employee does not qualify because she was still on probation and you have to wait for two years in order to qualify. what I have learned is that most of the employees does not read what is written on their appointment letters and its our responsibility to inform them with the procedure because if they see that others are getting money and they will assume they also qualify. but I called that employee I explained to her showed her the policy and I also explained to her lines of communication because she was supposed to come to me first to find out why she did not get the money before taking the matter to staff relations. She understood and apologies. I gave the feedback to management and they were impressed because i was not there one who made a mistake.

The most hardest part with my job is that you must be aware of all the policies and legislation because it is easy to make mistake if you are not aware of the latest circulars.
There most enjoyable part of my jobs you always learn new things you and you became confident even if staff comes to you for inforation you know what to say because you are always on top of your game. – less
I like my job. I would like to work in the Eastern Cape, because of family that are there.
Senior Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Bloemfontein, FSApril 7, 2014
Pros: medical aid, pension fund, home allowance.
Cons: struggling to get working equipment and stock that are not available due to lack of money.
1. Check if everybody is on duty.
2. Take out leave forms for staff that is not on duty.
3. Do the admin of patients who were discharged the previous day.
4. Take out milk for babies who need donor breast milk.
5. Do the ordering of stock for the ward for the day.
6. Make sure all records are up to date.
7. Do the necessary typing work.
8. Go to meetings, – more... take minutes and do the typing of the minutes.
9. Handle all enquiries about patients. – less