Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Productive and alive workplace
Nurse (Current Employee), P09November 8, 2014
Well, a typical day for me during at work is a quite busy because a lot patients I've encountered each day and I've learned their different personality as well. In terms of management, i think i did my best to give health care services to the clients. To my co-workers, i must say they were great in a sense that they were absolutely good when it comes – more... to their work performances, they really gave their effort just to render services to the clients and i really love their company as well...I think the hardest part of my job is when there's a rain every time i will go to my assigned area "far flung areas".. – less
productive and fun with joyful officemates
Architect (Current Employee), Palo, SKSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: distant main office
i usually start my office day at 7:30 am and and it all started with the a scan on my memo for the "to do's" for the day it may be planning and designing or if not i will on travel for monitoring of on going projects. on certain day of the month i'll be doing some reports on the
travels made, it may be a project accomplishment, validate structures reported – more... for some defects or damage.
form this office i have learned to manage my time in office and on site projects. – less
good
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Barugo, PhilippinesMarch 20, 2014
This was a good experience and a chanllenging one. I learned a lot from this experience and is very excited for a new exciting job that will help me grow as a professional.
fun busy
Nurse (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 21, 2014
busy everyday.. a lot of patient coming in and out. many doctor's demand
My typical day at work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 17, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: salary is not enough to subsides myself.
On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.
Translation requests are frequent as well.
My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday – more... (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person. – less
Informative and a learning environment to work in
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: experience and informative
A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.
The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was – more... provided from the managers and supervisors. – less
excellent
Retired (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed
My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.
I have learned that the majority of people i – more... saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.
Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.
The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same. – less
A work place wherein guided by the mission and vision of the department
Medical Laboratory Technician 1 (Current Employee), Dipolog, P09December 19, 2014
Pros: subsistence and hazard allowance
Cons: low basic salary
A typical day at work- processing/smearing/staining/examination of either sputum for AFB, stool for schistosomiasis or capillariasis.

I have gained knowledge and skill through training and experiences.

I am conscientious to time .

I am diligent to team work.

I can cope easily so there is no hard in a job especially when it is a public service.

I – more... am happy when I can help people through accurate diagnosis – less
everything we do is fulfilling.
Nurse Deployment project (Current Employee), P09December 17, 2014
The most valuable part of the job is to see people satisfied with the health service we give and the will to adopt to more healthier life.
Never stressful, work days flowed smoothly.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 16, 2014
Usual office duties taken care of with teamwork, team style ran the department. I learned about DOH, management was always very helpful. I had a hard time finding things to take initiative on, because many times the team had already taken care of most our responsibilities. I also loved this about the job, I never felt preassured with deadlines.
Fair
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Pago Pago, ASDecember 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: 30 minutes break
I work from Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 4pm, every morning i open my front desk window @ 8am and start logging in Appointments and walk in Patients. I been working for Department of Health for 5 going on 6 years, i gain and have learn a lot from this department. i like to volunteer on after hours if necessary, i volunteer for an outreach where we – more... go out to peoples homes and collect all information regarding the H1N1 Vaccine, The hardest part for this job is not able to experience some of the outfield jobs due that i already was assigned to office jobs. i love to work and volunteer to any open jobs among Department of Health because it will help me to gain more learning experience and it benefits me with learning new things. – less
Productive and Fun workplace
Data Capturer (Current Employee), NWDecember 15, 2014
Pros: knock off early on fridays
Cons: working with three systems, especially month ends.
I am always infront of the computer, doing my daily capturing. immediately after re-checking my work. i browse the internet, theres nothing else i can do, because i work alone in my office.
challenges
basic life paramedic (Current Employee), ECDecember 6, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: long hours
challenges are the fact that you don't expect to get the same scenario at work everyday. you get different challenges everyday. only a person with patients can survive my job. the most enjoyable part of my job is when you could pat yourself at the back and say i did save a life today.
Challenging and interesting
Assistant Director-Human Resource Development (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCDecember 3, 2014
Cons: long hours during the submission of reports due to lack of capacity-not all posts are filled.
Very challenging-have to deal with four Sub-Structure offices.
To deal with diverse people within the department.
Management is always supportive and encouraging.
It so much fun working in the community.
NDP/ DOH Nurse (Current Employee), Tacloban, P08November 26, 2014
> Our work field was exciting and enjoyable when we do brgy. visit.
> I learned on how to deal with the people with different kind of personality.
> All of my co-workers are kind we have a lot of enjoyment when we are together.
> The hardest part of the job is when their is nothing you can do to help those in need because your capability is limited.
> – more... I enjoyed so much whenever I can help the people to solve their problems. – less
Patience with your patient.
RN Heals (Former Employee), P05November 24, 2014
Pros: free food.
Just a usual things get vital signs. i have learned here is in handling with alzheimers, since you actually experienced their tantrums. at first that you experienced you'll become afraid but as you go along you know how to handle such situation. with my co workers i Have no problem they were good. sometimes its just you argue with them whats good for – more... the patient and its ok. The hardest part i think theres none. most enjoyable is, anyone who has a birthday your employer treat you or give some things – less
Productive and fun because you are reaching out with the Community.
NURSE 1 (Current Employee), Ilog, Region 6November 23, 2014
We are working 8hours per day. As a Nurse under the DOH, I learned to be sensitive and effective Community Health Nurse. I do not have problems with my co-workers because we are dealing each other professionaly. The hardest part of the job is when we are assigned to go to remote areas or mountainous areas and we do not have service car and we have a – more... difficulty in transportation. The most enjoyable in my job is when we reached the peak of the mountain just reaching out with the disadvantage people. We felt the satisfaction on it. – less
A facility dedicated to service delivery
Dietician (Current Employee), Port Shepstone, ZNNovember 23, 2014
I see a lot of children with severe acute malnutrition. It is challenging to experience this on a day to day basis but it is very rewarding when I see that I have made an impact on improving my patients' lives.
Management allows us to manage our patients independently but they are available for consultation should we require further guidance.
The Rehab – more... Team is great to work with. We are Dietetics, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Audiology and Speech Therapy. We have Comm Serves in each of these departments that are very actively involved in wards and clinics. Working with a multi-disciplinary team on complex cases is very rewarding.

The biggest lesson that I have learned in the govt sector is that although there is a lot to achieve in order to make one's job/department function optimally - ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY. Sometimes projects or plans are delayed due to a number of reasons but it is important to ensure good communication and to identify the correct channels to approach when following up. – less
A state agency committed to providing benefits to needy individual. Working in this arena is both challenging and rewarding.
Surveillance Utilization Review Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYNovember 22, 2014
A challenging yet rewarding group focused on reducing provider fraud and abuse through billing practices and ensuring eligible clients receive quality servcices.
I've learned how to be a good public health nurse...
NURSE I (Current Employee), Dagupan City, Pangasinan, PhilippinesNovember 17, 2014
Pros: program incentive (measles-rubella opv mass immunization)
Cons: health care insurance excluded in our benefits, no transportation allowance, etc
The most hardest part I've experienced was when I endorsed my 1 community barangay to our new hired fellow public health nurse. It was really hard for me to give up that most organized and self reliant community, indeed, but I had no choice.

I believed, it would be fair enough for our new co-worker if I'l give him my most organized community barangay, – more... considering the fact that he's just new to our world.

Just hoping that he would maintain or improve what I started. – less

1 2 3 4 5