Position Title: Academic Manager
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days (Monday-Friday)
Vacation: 4 weeks plus 12 paid statutory holidays/year
TOH Base Campus: Civic Campus
Annualized Base Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications - Benefits included with this position
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS COMPETITION: Friday, April 4, 2014
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic, and highly detail oriented individual to join their team and assume the role of Academic Manager. The successful candidate will report directly to the Academic Chair. Functional interaction with other faculty members and medical staff personnel is necessary. Join our exciting and energetic team of physicians, teachers, and administrative support in Emergency Medicine at the Ottawa Hospital.
As Academic Manager, you will be a fundamental and valued part of the team. You will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently, with little or no supervision. You must be exceedingly well organized, able to take initiative, be flexible and solution oriented, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting our team.
Emergency Medicine is looking for the following key elements in a candidate for this position:
1. Strong leadership ability and management skills
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills
3. Ability to develop and create solid HR initiatives
4. Possession of excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
5. Effective communicator on all levels i.e. students, residents, administrative colleagues and faculty
6. Ability to work well as part of a small cohesive administrative team
7. Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality within a fast paced environment
8. Ability and willingness to respond and adjust to conflicting and changing priorities and schedules.
1. Post secondary degree in a relevant field combined with at least 3 years experience in a similar or related position;
2. Knowledge of the University of Ottawa and The Ottawa Hospital financial policies and procedures.
3. Working knowledge of the corporate internal and external infrastructure of both The Ottawa Hospital and the University of Ottawa.
4. Have expert skills in MS-Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), knowledge of the accounting system Quickbooks is an asset.
1. Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French (B+ level)