Dentons Employee Reviews

Worse mistake ever - working at this firm
Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
I should have read reviews before ever applying/accepting a job with this company.
My advice to anyone - READ the reviews, they're dead on. The only thing I can say positive about it, the pay is half decent but certainly not worth the stress. I left voluntarily, but the turn around was unbelievable in the short time I was there. Run!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
To many to list
Ticking time bomb
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Perceived externally as a growing force in the legal market, it is the largest law firm in the world.. "disrupting the industry". Unfortunately, internally we all seem to think it's a ticking time bomb waiting to implode. Nearly zero effort from management for internal growth of lawyers or staff, lots of overtime, no appreciation. Employees no longer care about the number of mergers or acquisitions - they keep their heads down hoping to not get made redundant
Pros
People
Cons
Management, Policies, Working hours, Engagement, Growth opportunity
Working you to the bare bones
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Everything from the onset makes it seem like this worlds largest law firm is the best place to be. The only thing is if you speak up, you are looked down upon and if you have good ideas or disagree with management you are asking for trouble.
The work can be challenging and rewarding, but the amount of overtime and little appreciation leaves little to the worker.
Pros
the people
Cons
long hours, little advancement, bad management
Most stressful place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2016
Do not even consider working for this company as a legal assistant. They'll take you for all you've got and the pay is poor. The management does not care about you and the HR department does not do anything.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Very bad systems
Work Hard and Pray You Don't Get Fired
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2016
This firm is all talk - pumping up their public image. The workplace culture is all about throw your fellow employees under the bus in order to gain favour with Management. A very unfriendly and unteamwork-like workplace. They are all about hiring low paid staff and keeping them down. A revolving door workplace. There is little respect shown for the staff. Unfortunately, the large recent mergers in the past year or so have diluted the core values of the firm. My advice would be to run - and look elsewhere.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Low Salary, Unfriendly work environment