Dennys Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stressful and productive
Cook (Current Employee), Willowbrook, BCMay 31, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Stress levels, not enough hours, late night hours
A typical day at dennys can be a bit stressful, attitudes fly from co-workers and managers. I find that there is to much micro managing in the Dennys company. But I do enjoy working there with others as well. I have learned only that Dennys is a very busy resturant compared to others on weekends.
dennys
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
Pros: paid you on time
Cons: just some of the managers there were mean
Didn't like it wasn't respected ect
and just wasn't my field in jobs to work at.

I did like working with the co workers tho just
managers not so much except one manager
was nice and i ended up quitting as i was taking
a two hour bus ride and they only gave me 3 days
a week and short shifts just wasn't worth it.
Best first job
Hostess (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day included seating customers and dealing with payments, on more busy days it also included taking drink orders and bussing tables. The hardest part of the job was a shift of being the only host during a dinner rush, the best part was all my co-workers that made working there the best experience.
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2013
This was my first full time job and I loved it, however towards the end of my seventh year we had different management and things changed drastically. People changed and the overall feeling in the restaurant changed, there was a lot of stress and the feeling of not being appreciated. I toughed it out along with a bunch of other people some were not so patient and left. After two more years I had to make the tough decision to leave it was just too stressful and nothing was changing for the better. I do remember a lot of fun Staff Christmas parties, picnics and such events, I met a lot of great people during my time with Dennys.
Dennys was very good to me and the family for a very long time but it was just time for a change.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2013
A typical day would be me in the kicthen for have the dsy adn me doing other paper work ordering food when needed, talk to the customers.
I learned alot at dennys and i am very proud of that .
Manageemnt was good
Co-workers all look up to me as there older brother and always came to me for advice.
The job wasnt really that hard.
Fast pace, working independently, working with a great team
Server (Former Employee), Clearwater, FlOctober 28, 2012
Pros: good money not based on hourly rate
Cons: seasonal
\One on one customer relationships, working as part of an amazing team and at the same time working independently, I very much enjoyed the fast pace. Great experience with problem solving.