DENNYS

DENNYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dennys was very good to me and the family for a very long time but it was just time for a change.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2013
A typical day would be me in the kicthen for have the dsy adn me doing other paper work ordering food when needed, talk to the customers.
I learned alot at dennys and i am very proud of that .
Manageemnt was good
Co-workers all look up to me as there older brother and always came to me for advice.
The job wasnt really that hard.
Fast pace, working independently, working with a great team
Server (Former Employee), Clearwater, FlOctober 28, 2012
Pros: good money not based on hourly rate
Cons: seasonal
\One on one customer relationships, working as part of an amazing team and at the same time working independently, I very much enjoyed the fast pace. Great experience with problem solving.
A hard day at work
Service Assistant (Current Employee), Taylor, MIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: some pros about my job is that you get 50% off the food you order
A typical day at work is i clock in then i make sure that everything is stocked up and grab all the dishes.then you start to clean all the dishes that the last dish washer left. then you make sure there's enough ice for the servants, take all the dishes an put them where they supposed to do. one thing my job taught me is how to work hard and to use – more... my energy right. some managers are different a couple of them help us do things if we need help some just tell us what they need and be done with us. My co-workers are sometimes nice but when there in a bad mood they take it out on you, and when they ask you to do something they want it done now. the hardest part of my job is keeping your energy because doing everything be making your body sore. – less
Dennys Restaurants
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 19, 2014
Great Place to work for but not enough money per hour learned alot for short order cooking
good for part time temporary work
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 31, 2014
hard to get anywhere. Good hours are hard to come by.
all holidays mandatory for everyone. not interested in employee input
Great customers and good coworkers
Server/hostess/prepcook (Former Employee), Saint George, UTJuly 28, 2014
If you know how to hustle this is a great place to work jus mind your Ps and Qs
Relaxed place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Henderson, TXJuly 4, 2014
I enjoyed working for Denny's it was the one job that I looked forward to going to everyday. The customers would come in and request me it was a wonderful feeling.
i was a job and paid the bills
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJune 30, 2014
Pros: actually working
Cons: lack of advancement
typical day consisted of cleaning the floors, bathroom, kitchen and parking lot. washing dishes was the biggest part of the job.
very productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Kenly, NCJune 29, 2014
suggestive selling menu items to new and existing customers. making sure all customers are served with the right orders in a timely manner and all customers are happy and satisfied with service
Management was very poor
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Smithton, PAJune 25, 2014
I would come in get everything set up for the cooks and the servers. And then just wash the dishes and do other cleaning tasks.
Working at Denny's
Host (Former Employee), Clearbrook, VirginiaJune 21, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: host shifts made deliberately too short to qualify for a break, no free meals, management expects new workers to be self-reliant within first six days
Denny's sets a hectic pace for it's workers and the shifts, gratefully, pass by quickly as you're normally too busy trying to keep up to think about the clock much. Management was always great about helping out when things were truly overwhelming and never reprimanded you in front of your coworkers. The hardest part of the job was definitely the pace. – more... There was hardly enough time to breathe. I loved working so closely with people, though. Seeing someone who had just had a really enjoyable meal with lots of laughs made me happy - especially knowing that I had a part in doing it. – less
Fun place to be
Server (Former Employee), phoenix azJune 20, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers
Cons: poor management
great people to work with and loved the hours of operation which allowed for flexible work schedule.
productive
Server (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 12, 2014
Pros: amazing friends
Cons: working back to back shifts.
Serving customers is your number one priority. Always double check the items they have ordered and when the customer was upset that was one of the hardest parts of the job.
Productive and an enjoyable work environment
Waitress/Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Arvada, COJune 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals/ the people
Cons: no benefits
During this job i have learned to work well with others. I have also become very proficient in multi-tasking. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the constant changes in policy. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and giving customers excellent service.
Poor. Only if you REALLY need work.
Waiter or Waitress (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and team is interchangeable
Cons: chef speed was sub-par. this caused customer service issues.
Low paying service job without relatively low experience, no benefits, and a difficult, if not impossible to advance work environment.
money making industry
Server (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: great managment team
Cons: hostess does nothing but talk
Dennys helped me pay my way through college, the business and tips are there.
just a job
Cook (Former Employee), New Milford, PAMay 16, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: mangement
lots of customers poor management co workers were lots of fun
Fun and fast paced working enviornment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 14, 2014
Fast paced environment, enjoyed working with the employees and management. I learned a lot, and really expanded my customer service skills. This job taught me to multitask.
work area
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Forest Hill, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: i had sundays &mondays off.
Cons: working with people that was slow & didnt want to do thier job.
mostly I work the floor by myself except on Friday & Saturday. the management would leave me to do my job & would always get praise from customers about my work performance. the hardest part of the job would be making sure that little kids wont be stealing my tips off of the table. I enjoyed making my customers laugh & putting a smile on their face.
dennys was a great place to work
Cook/Server,cashier (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
dennys was a great place to work the people were great to work withand they willin to work with you on your hours

1 2 3 4 5