DENNYS

DENNYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dennys was very good to me and the family for a very long time but it was just time for a change.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2013
A typical day would be me in the kicthen for have the dsy adn me doing other paper work ordering food when needed, talk to the customers.
I learned alot at dennys and i am very proud of that .
Manageemnt was good
Co-workers all look up to me as there older brother and always came to me for advice.
The job wasnt really that hard.
Fast pace, working independently, working with a great team
Server (Former Employee), Clearwater, FlOctober 28, 2012
Pros: good money not based on hourly rate
Cons: seasonal
\One on one customer relationships, working as part of an amazing team and at the same time working independently, I very much enjoyed the fast pace. Great experience with problem solving.
It was a very fun place to work
Servers (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: 40+ hours a week
Cons: working night shift
I would go to work and through myself into the rotation for tables. I learned everything it takes to be a server here at Denny's. Management was amazing. They made everything fun and got issues resolved quickly. The hardest part of the day would be if I was the only server and we got a big group of people. The best part of my day at Denny's were my – more... customers! The co-workers helped each other so well, we were a great team. – less
Great job security as long as not doing anything you're not supposed to.
Server (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 6, 2014
Pros: great discount on food, flexible hours, and a homey family feeling with those you get close too.
Cons: greedy servers, micromanaging, young kids who don't tip
I feel the food&hospitality industry is underrated. While some people may say that that serving isn't a real job and that you should aspire for more(which you should), you can actually get paid pretty well. some nights i walk out of there with $150.00+. you can make more money than people with long term careers by simply ensuring your guest has a great – more... time, its pretty fun most times actually. This company is decent to work for because there's not really a shortage on hours because its a 24/7 diner and you build a family with your coworkers. You alos get 25-50% off of meals and free drinks. – less
fun exciting experience
server (Former Employee), Wayland MOApril 2, 2014
Pros: the public
Cons: having to quit
I served the public and learned a lot of new ways to serve the public faster. The manager was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my co workers company
Easy going work environment, fun co workers.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Sherman, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good food, awesome management, good work hours.
Cons: no health care, short breaks, withheld pay.
My work day started off with a slow morning making coffee,stocking condiments for work station, then a mid morning rush for breakfast, cashing out tickets, and cleaning all day long.
busy and fast paced
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad and incompetent management
Was a busy work place, until early morning than it died, Managemnt played favorites, and seemed like they did not care about what happend there at all.
very rude
hostess (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTMarch 19, 2014
would walk in sign in clean my station get everything ready for my shift. This job was my first hosting job. to me it was a poor experience for my first time management was very rude to the co-workers the co-workers were very rude to each other. the hardest part of my hosting job was waking up at 11pm an going to work until 5am. I didn't not like working – more... here at all – less
was a great place to work at really liked this job
Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 18, 2014
was awesome job dealt with thousands of people everymonth benefits were good management was awesome good people all around
enjoyable environment and great customer servie
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great co workers, several hours and very enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: some slow days, stressful at time
everyday i walked into that place everyone always had a smile their faces. i went straight to figuring out what tables i had and whenever i was asked to take extra tabkes i handled it very well. there were alwaysw coworkers oiffering to help whenever needed. i took on hosting almost everyday day which includes greeting customers and showing them that – more... your hqappy to be there. i learned so much while i was there. i learned all the items on the menu and that heled working back in the kitchen everyonce in awhile to learn all the ingri\diences. so i could easiely exlain to customers the food bettter. i learned to multitask very quickly with that busy of a restraunt you have to keep up. i was always was comlimented so that bousted my confidence and made me work alot harder. i learned also how well the group i worked with could work together so easiely. the managerment wss alwayw there to help and any questions were always answered. he would talk about picking up hours and schedule changes at any time directing to you face. there really wasnt anything hard about that job but if i had to point out anything it maybe the there would moments i could stop and take a breathe. but that comes with a busy restraunt for anyone. the most enjoyable oart was you had complete freedom cause the managers trusted we would complete all our tasks. they were very leniant and if you had any concerns they would be polite and confront the problem face to face instead of putting it off. most helpful and enjoyable id ever had.also i want to add meeting and getting to know the customers really raised my spirits :) – less
Its a really enjoy work place that you can move up in the ranks if you are a good worker.
SERVER (Former Employee), dinwiddee , VAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free meals and meet new people
Cons: no health insurance
The days are typical the same every day and I really learned a lot by managers who want you to go some where with the company. The hardest part is the company has no insurance.
Productive and fun enviorment
Waitress/Cashier/Host (Former Employee), Gun Barrel CityMarch 10, 2014
Pros: half off on food
Cons: no benefits, no room to advance
I waited on tables, would chat with guests, keeping them both entertained and taken care of. I would keep all of my duties taken care of leaving the place a clean environment. On weekends I would handle the cash register, and even when it was really busy I would manage to keep my register neat, organized and counted.
Enjoyed working with different people and customers.
Server (Former Employee), Menomonie, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: meeting people.
Cons: having to drink to get hours.
I enjoyed working with public. Cooking staff struggled a lot which was hard to keep customers happy. Management seem to enjoy the drinking with younger associates which effected hour. I have a family and not time to go drink to keep my job.
I enjoy working with the public and meeting different people.
overall not that great.
Hostess (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches, got to meet new people.
Cons: short staffed, unorganized, dirty, poor management
the management was truly lacking in some sort of organization and discipline. i found it hard to work there due to always being sexually harassed. its just not a very thought out restaurant.
great dinning experience in a great setting
server/cashier/manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2014
Working a dennys is a fun fast paced job. I learned great customer service and how to handle and cook food, management was great fun. my coworkers were fun and not stressfull. the greatest thing about dennys is working with the customers.
very productive
dishwasher & prep cook (Former Employee), Effingham, ILFebruary 27, 2014
was a fun job where everyone mostly got along and wasn't as strick as some work areas
Server
Server (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day would run fairly smooth. We would have everything in order and make sure we had everything we needed to run the shift.
Busy and fun place to work
Server Assistant (Current Employee), Oroville, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: friendly and undertanding managment
Cons: not enough hours
Fast paced inviroment, friendly staff and flexible schedule
Productive and fun work place with great people with great attitudes and professionalism.
Cook (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: everything was great about this job
Cons: nothing really
A very fast paced yet fun work day. I learned all my job responsibilities, customer service and satisfaction from our customers. Management was very helpful, great people, and very good and professional about their job. Co- workers were fun yet serious people when needed. Great people to be around and work around. Keeping up with food orders, specially – more... on my days alone. Everything was very enjoyable about the job. – less
Fun starter job
Server, Host, Busser, Cook (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Learned how to work full time. Learned customer service. Management was lacking. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of job was help from management when times were busy.

1 2 3 4 5