Dennys Restaurant

Dennys Restaurant Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: career development
Cons: long hours
Present working as a manager, focus in food safety, speed of service, food quality
Well organized workplace with easy to get along with co-workers
Cook (Former Employee), Terrace, BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours
The typical day at work would be clocking in, puttin uniform on, washing hands, make sure your relief has done his/her sidework, write out the prep list, start prep list, start cooking if bills come in, other cook comes on after an hour or two after being by yourself. One cook is finishing prep and the other one cooks, if needed, the cook doing prep – more... will come onto line and help out the other cook if the bills start to become to much to handle. After 4 -5 hours one cook leaves after doing his/her sidework then the cook thats left will clean the kitchen so the other cook coming on wouldnt have a dirty kitchen, once the other cook comes on the other one leaves after his/her sidework is done.
What i have learned while doing this job is how to cook a variety of things, doing inventory, and also recipes.
The management was not that great with the new managers there was only one manager their that really took his job seriously he was the best to work with he didnt let people get away with anything.
The co-workers there were pretty fun and easy to get a long with, going there everyday seemed like it was a home for me, you'd be able to talk to anyone of them about problems or about anything.
The hardest part of the job was to cook by myself for couple hours when there was a huge rush, having to cook 6 bills at once and getting them all out in under 10 minutes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to start to get to work and get the job done to satisfy someones hunger. – less
Informative review
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: co workers
Start off my day by getting to work early. Welcome each customer in with a bright attitude. Serve food sometimes and make sure hostess stand and clear. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I enjoyed being at work and seating big parties.
Fun environment
Server (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCDecember 3, 2014
Pros: free ir duscounted employee meals or drinks
Cons: no employee health medical dental benefits
7 hrs shifts rotating 3 shifts within five days. Customer pleasant interactions made for a great opportunity to meet person of various nationalities and cultures. Enjoyed constant contact with lower level managers. No particular part of this position appeared difficult or in no way technical. I thrived for the periods call "Rush" this was the occasion – more... where an immediate influx of customers would present within the same general timeframe. – less
Best way to lear guest service
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Monterey CaAugust 31, 2014
Pros: affordable prices
Cons: old building tigh budget to repair's
Great company, Because the affordable prices you will give and extended costumer service from the students, kids, families, military's, etc until homeless people. All treated with the same respect and value.

With the kid eat free program for two days at the week families are attractive to come and eat even more.

A company that have more than 1500 – more... stores in the USA.

Great core values with clientele and employees – less
Love my job!
New restaurant trainer/management trainer (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 3, 2014
I love my job as a New restaurant opening trainer and am looking to continue to move up in the company.
fun and fast paced environment
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Rothschild, WIMay 28, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no breaks for managers
very flexible
developed a family with my coworkers
never-ending friendships
energetic, fun, family oriented, friendly
Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2014
Pros: worked with school schedule and helped as much as possible to give people more hours
Cons: didn't get paid for breaks if to busy at work and couldn't take it, difficult customers who wouldn't listen or accept something different
worked with different cultures which made things fun and upbeat, not boring.
managers were engaging and helped customers as well as employees instead of staying in the office.
co-workers worked well together and if they didn't things were arranged to accommodate the situation. co-workers were enthusiastic and helpful and knew their job. made working – more... with them fun because 'playing around' was possible while still focusing on work.
the hardest part of my job was the customers who felt being difficult was going to get them free food or money back, Dennys on late night was hard because a lot of the people who came in with attitudes were never happy and didn't make things enjoyable.
the best part of my job was the people I worked with because you had a good time at work and it didn't feel like actually going to a job. – less
havng a productive day being around people
Server (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: no health care
Greeting customers, taking orders and delivering, taking cash at register. When new servers were hired I did all the training. I have been a server for 30 years, I enjoy meeting new people everyday and I love to help others. I love being a server and am good at what I do.
Family dining experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Richland, WAMarch 2, 2014
Denny's was a great first job. Stepped my foot into the customer service industry. Learned how to handle fast paced stressful situations in a courteous and professional manner.
fast paced comfortable work enviornment
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: layed back atmosphere worked with great people
Cons: no benifits always worked weekends
Worked there for 10 years. I would come in and waited on my customers and made sure they were satisfied. I loved being around so many different people. Everyone worked as a team and as the years went on it was like a second family. I loved that I was there so long that I learned how to do all the tasks it took to actually run a restaurant.
very good management
Hostess/Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2014
I really liked working there. The people were nice, and friendly. Family oriented place.
Socially dynamic enviroment
Server / Host (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: employee meal program
Cons: holiday shifts and coworkers not doing their work.
For me serving is about getting to know your customers more than getting food on their table. I received numerous positive customer comment cards from my tables and took pride in making peoples stay at out restaurant a good one.
Working with the public
Waitress (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 1, 2013
Pros: working with co-workers efficently
Cons: co-workers that did not do job accordingly with proceedures
Working with the customers and co-workers efficantly and more to the standards of the job.
Dennys
Head Cashier/ Hostess (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches, pay
Cons: short breaks, management
Interesting place to work at. Deal with different types of people 24/7
22 years
Manager/ Line Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2013
After 22 years and the company was sold 6 times...start from zero everything
A good oppurtinity and fun work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJune 7, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: send host to do a managers job
Very fun environment to work at, I learned a lot of new challenges like what servers go through. Management at my time was really good, he worked with everyone and was easy going. All co-workers were awesome, and the hardest thing was probably finding seating when it was busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work, and positive attitude – more... of everyone with each other. Positive attitude equals positive environment. – less
Enjoyed job/Travel to Different store openings
Manager (Former Employee), FLMarch 10, 2013
Pros: met and worked with good people all the time
Wonderful Position loved the travel Working and Training others to develop a good working relationship
fun place to work
Server/Cook (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMarch 3, 2013
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced environments. Operate cash register to itemize and total customer purchases; Make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, floor-sets and opening/closing procedures.
SPORTS AUTHORITY, GREENBELT,MD
great place to work
line cook (Former Employee), Saint George, UTJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: paid once aweek
Cons: worked some graveyard
Dennys always treated me fair .We worked a as team. I really got along with entire staff and management.The most enjoyable part of the job.was great coworkers and management

Dennys Restaurant Photos