Dennys Restaurant

Dennys Restaurant Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Travelling
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Quesnel, BCJune 6, 2015
over all i like my job at dennys
i just look for extra money which will be great support to my family
co worker are excellent to work with them
Always work at night
Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2014
I used to cook for the dinner and early morning rush shift.I learned how to be organized in the kitchen.
fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: career development
Cons: long hours
Present working as a manager, focus in food safety, speed of service, food quality
Well organized workplace with easy to get along with co-workers
Cook (Former Employee), Terrace, BCDecember 11, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours
The typical day at work would be clocking in, puttin uniform on, washing hands, make sure your relief has done his/her sidework, write out the prep list, start prep list, start cooking if bills come in, other cook comes on after an hour or two after being by yourself. One cook is finishing prep and the other one cooks, if needed, the cook doing prep will come onto line and help out the other cook if the bills start to become to much to handle. After 4 -5 hours one cook leaves after doing his/her sidework then the cook thats left will clean the kitchen so the other cook coming on wouldnt have a dirty kitchen, once the other cook comes on the other one leaves after his/her sidework is done.
What i have learned while doing this job is how to cook a variety of things, doing inventory, and also recipes.
The management was not that great with the new managers there was only one manager their that really took his job seriously he was the best to work with he didnt let people get away with anything.
The co-workers there were pretty fun and easy to get a long with, going there everyday seemed like it was a home for me, you'd be able to talk to anyone of them about problems or about anything.
The hardest part of the job was to cook by myself for couple hours when there was a huge rush, having to cook 6 bills at once and getting them all out in under 10 minutes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to start to get to work and get the job done to satisfy someones hunger.

Dennys Restaurant Photos