Denny's

Denny's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
What I learned from Denny's
Server (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILSeptember 30, 2014
During my employment with Denny's I was able to get a first hand experience with customer service. I was trained to be a server along with being a cashier and hostess.
Great place to learn restaurant functions
General Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Managers are required to run short staffed 90% of the time, which affects customer service.
I love Working for the Company
Server (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: learning patience, and humility
Cons: there are some people who tend to get away with things they shouldn't
I enjoyed helping people. I have spent 13 years working for Dennys off and on. I have met some great people and some not so great people. The job has taught me humility and patience towards myself, guests, and coworkers. I enjoyed the busy pace and taking care of others.
Cheap restaurant family oriented.
Chef (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 29, 2014
I worked graveyard. A lot of college kids, management helped. The hardest part of my job would be getting a bar rush at three am and not having anyone to help me.
productive,fun,dangerous
Sales (Former Employee), houston txSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at dennys would be me coming in counting the register, check everything is nice and neat for my shift if not make the employees before me do the job right or they will stay late, drink my coffee, and clock in.
Ive learned that in order for you to be recognized you gotta earn it and work hard for it.
Managment basically was me running the – more... store at times but others are very good at running the store.
Co-workers are my limit relationship nothing else.
The hardest part of my job would be running the store while serving tables making money and be attentive of the employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be satisfying my customers and put a smileon them. – less
Fun and entertaining place of employment
Server (Former Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 28, 2014
There is no place to grow in the company other that becoming a on-call replacement manager. Sometimes unorganized and chaotic.
Good job great people.
Line Cook/Dishwasher/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2014
working in a 24hr restaurant can be taxing but the people you meet will always keep your interest.
productive and friendly work environment.
Server assistant (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Easy and stress free work days. Learned how to use power washer. great management. supportive coworkers. enjoy working there.
its a good job if you like too cook
Prep cook/ Cook (Former Employee), Peoria, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: learn how to cook
Cons: not enough hours
a typical day is prep food and label food and put it in the freezer. I learned how to cook. management was wonderful. the hardest part of the job is cooking fast for a lot of people. the most enjoyable part is cooking.
Worst job ive had.
Cook (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: employ meal
Cons: everything else
Loved the work itself but the people there are only worried about themselves. And if your GM doesnt like you he will cut you down to 1 day a week til you quit.
Not a good choice for a job
General Manager for Family Restaurant (Former Employee), Center Valley, PASeptember 24, 2014
The owner did not know anything about running a restaurant and it got too costly for him, he could not pay the bills. As for my employees, they had great respect for me and understood why I left.
The place went out of business 6 months later
productive but slow pace work place
Server (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2014
we get business but not enough to make a good amount of income
bad location
liked food and work environment.
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: the food
Cons: a drunk person came in and was sick.
I did dishes, cleaned the floors and bathrooms.My boss was very nice to me. I also like the people i worked with. Floor mats i did not like.
productive
server (Former Employee), pageSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: they worked arond my schedule
Cons: i had to work holidays
we were busy always and I was always training someone new, although I didn't like some of my coworkers I had fun
Great fast-paced job
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Wonderful quick money type of job. Better for teenagers and young adults, rather.
It was a very faced paced working environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: always got called into work even on an off day.
Sometimes there was a lot of dishes to clean then there would be a little bit of dishes to finish, then had to clean the bathrooms and sweep & mop the floors. Also had to sweep & mop the floor in the freezer.
Loved it
Server (Former Employee), Herkimer, NYSeptember 20, 2014
Everyday was about the same getting to see mostly happy customers, I loved food service. Management came and went left and right but mostly did a good job.
No work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee), Merced, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short breaks
Absent owner. Worked 6 days a week, 12 hours per day. Still had to pay for food.
Fun workplace
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee), Margate, FLSeptember 19, 2014
I loved working for Corporate Dennys. I loved management and my ex coworkers. It was great having customers requesting to have me serve them. I loved the fact that I met new people to converse with everyday and they return just to ask for me.
Great opportunities and Great Challenges!!!
General Manager / Area Training Manager (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 19, 2014
Overall operations of company restaurants location in Alabama and Tennessee.
Opened new restaurants
Cleaned up others- closed the store, rehired staff and reopened.
Trained new management staff to achieve company goals for their own store locations.