Denny's

Denny's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great opportunity
General Manager (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Learned a great deal about working in a large corporate environment.
enjoy working with others
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), meas azJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fast pace, cash everyday
Cons: benefits
arrive at work get station stocked and ready serve food and beverage to customers clean and stock do side work count down register claim tips and wages. was learning my way into management work well with others the hardest thing was not letting rude or negative people and or comments effect me personally or my performance . i really enjoy the fast pace and the people. i am very personable. great communication skills,awesome customer service.
family oriented diner
Waitress (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Great management to work for, would definitely go back if i still lived in the area. The customer is always right policy is applied! a fun place to work
I worked in a friendly enviorment I got along with all my co workers.
Server (Former Employee), westchesterJanuary 13, 2015
I really learned how to multitask. I learned how to handle cash, take food orders, also wipe down tables.
wow every day is a challange
General Manager (Current Employee), Clarksville, INJanuary 13, 2015
I have followed a general manager that had a 20 year tenture old habits have been hard to break I do not feel I have accomplished the task I set out to do it has been 9mo and I feel I am getting no where under management has not been cooperative it is hard to be successful
Fast paced restaurant in an outlet mall
Server (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: cash tips
Cons: short breaks and long hours
I served tables at a diner style Dennys during first shift. I gained experience in multi-tasking and ensuring excellent customer service.
Fun job
Part-Time Host/Cashier (Former Employee), Mission, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: half off of lunch
Cons: launguage
Its always fun
Customers are happy when they get what they order
Management was always changing
co workers were like family
Hardest part was trying not to yell back
Best part is spending time with customers
Was ok to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2015
Very busy and poorly managed place to work but over was a decent place to make some money.
fun place to work
Shift Supervisor/Server (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: money great people and food
Cons: healthcare
very fun place to work meeting lots of different people very busy make lotsof money
fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), Jackson, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: tips and rregular customers
Cons: working graveyard
the work at Dennys was fun until new owners took over, loved my job until they started dragging dennys down
Hostess
HOSTESS (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Great if you enjoy working with people. Great environment and great food.
A different view.
Hostess and Custodian (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEJanuary 5, 2015
You will have a lot of different experiences dealing with every customer. You typically clean a lot when you are busy and when you are not. Your coworkers are pretty decent, they help you out a lot.
Enjoyed working in the fast paced envriornment
Hostess (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 4, 2015
The hardest part about this job was keeping people calm, but I have a way of listening to people and understanding exactly what it is they need and/or want. I really loved working nights and some times over night on the weekends at this establishment, there was never a dull moment. I always had something to do and my shifts never seemed as long as they actually were because I was enjoying myself.
Fun place to work.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), Forest City, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: we could take short breaks as long as there were no customers
Every day was pretty much like the day before. I had never waited tables or been a hostess nor worked in a restaurant kitchen. For the most part i liked all the managers and supervisors. The big problem was one supervisor did not know what the other had said or done. They would forget to go and write schedule changes down.
Hospitable and cheery work place
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Cortland, NYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: 50% off of food on the clock, 30 minute breaks, and discount for regular eating.
Cons: no healthcare insurance, no special holiday pay, or 401k etc.
A typical day at work consists of cashing customers out, taking customers orders, and serving the customers. I learned how to retain a large amount of information of menu items and P.O.S. systems. Management is still working to it's full potential. Co-workers are okay; the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers and smiling even if you don't feel like it. On the other hand; the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. Just depends on what type of customers.
Exciting place to work
District Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 31, 2014
At Denny’s you work with a team of people that are always excited to be here, so no picking up other peoples slack. The company takes excellent care of its people when it comes to pay and treating you well. Denny’s is a very solid company as well and will be around for a long time. The best part of Denny’s is the people, once you are past the training stage you look around and realize that every person in the company is not only hard working and caring, but also in general just great people to spend your time with. At Denny’s, challenging tasks are taken on by teams like a game because they all have fun doing it and a sense of group pride when it is over.
Fun, great place to learn leadership and customer service
Waiter (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2014
Tough and stressful.But rewarding and fun. Fast-paced. Great coworkers. Not much advancement, benefits, etc.
rude,disrespectful of time,family, and off days
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 30, 2014
Pros: busy, nice co workers, 50% off food
Cons: no breaks, rudeness
the manager was always in someone personal business and if you don't tell her she would start asking other coworker about you spreading rumors and fire people that don't play by her rules not company
dishwasher
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMDecember 30, 2014
i liked washing dishes at a fast pace. enjoyed it very much, helping the waitresses, stock the counter, stock the cooks area with pots, pans, and plates.cleaning sweeaping and mopping the area
Fun and entertain customers
Server (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHDecember 30, 2014
typical work day consisted of greeting customers, taking customer food orders, and delivery customer service. I learned customer service techniques, Management was always present and helpful. My coworkers were all people I went to high school with. Hardest part of the job was the shift 11 -7 a.m. Most enjoyable part was being around good people.