Denny's Employee Reviews in Canada

productive, fast paced environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2015
Productive, fast paced environment. Good environment with great staff. Enjoyed my time working, customer greeting and system used was easy to handle.
fun and fast paced restuarant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2014
Dennys, having the popular, fast paced environment made the days go by fast. Lots of smiling customers and smiling employees in return. Hardest part would be having lots of tasks to handle all at once, such a greeting the guests and serving out beverages while keeping the front end clean and tidy. Prioritizing tasks is a skill i've learned throughout my experiences. Most enjoyable part would definitely be dealing with costumers and always having a constant and new challenge.
Pros
free meal everyday an excellent customers!
Cons
short hours and cut shifts due to the season.
fun and awesome atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary ABOctober 8, 2012
it was an amazing atmosphere with lots of amazing people.one of the hardest parts was learning all the machines and sometimes we wouldn't be very busy , but I enjoyed my co-workers and management very much and I learned a lot about cash registers
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
odd shifts
good place to eat and ok to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London onJanuary 11, 2014
my work day involved me standing at the hostess station and greeting guests, sometimes i would run food for the servers if we where really busy at nights i would do so cleaning as well . the management are all over the place some have certain ways they want things done while others do as well
Pros
the chance to move up
Cons
managers not on the same page most days
fun at times but terrible management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, B.C.September 10, 2013
worked hard for very little money, and had bad management. There were some employees i really liked which helped me stay there untill i was done schooling. Once i graduated i quit and have been looking for work ever since.
Pros
free lunches and milkshakes
Cons
odd shift schedules, and bad management
fun people to work with
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BCNovember 13, 2012
dennys is very busy place to work. i love most of my coworkers and management . the hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy. the most enjoyable part is the people i work with
Travelling
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BCJune 6, 2015
over all i like my job at dennys
i just look for extra money which will be great support to my family
co worker are excellent to work with them
Nice place and everyone is really nice
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 23, 2015
In Denny's Restaurant when I first went their everyone helped me with the work that I was assigned. I think if I did something wrong they always given me another chance. Managers over their are kind if we need their help they are always their.
productive, and good coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 1, 2015
I was trained as a hostess, my duties involved greeting and seating customers. I introduced their waitress to them and provided them with menus. I kept the area behind the counter clean, filled the ice tray, rolled silverware. I helped waitresses clean and clear tables as well as reset them. I also took payment from customers and helped out in other areas when needed.
Dishwasher Busser
Dishwasher and Busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2012
it's too stress and work hard into weekend night and day i would like off the weekend need to rest i dislike those stress up and schudles too is stress need to better and co worker is good
Pros
free but 50% off
Cons
some time not take break time
Good times sometimes stressful
Terry Trainor GM (Current Employee) –  Calgary COPDecember 14, 2014
Good people to work for if you can do the job its super high paced but the people mean well. it prrepares you fro stressful situations in life in which you have to perform as Customers can not be kept waiting. I like working hard and the best thing is if you are honest with your work and not judgmental there is always a job for you
Pros
work your scheduled shift
Cons
understanding if you mean well
Fun workplace, great bunch of people to work with
Host/Cashier, Service Assistant, Prep cook (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 1, 2013
Co-workers were spectacular people to work with. Everyone carried their own weight around the restaurant, and everyone knew how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job had to be keeping customers in line happy. The restaurant was a humble size, and filled up very easily on weekends. Lineups out the door became difficult to handle, but I was never put in any severely difficult situations working there. It was nice that everyone got along for the most part, and the managment was somewhat understanding of individual situations. However, there was a shortage of hours, and there were scheduling issues once in awhile. Overall it was a nice place to work.
Pros
friendly coworkers, tips, discounted lunch, clean environment
Cons
shortage of hours, scheduling issues
Can't complain about the pay/tips, management was less than to be desired.
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2013
One manager was a good worker, the other two did not have the best work ethics. The newest of the three would be hostile if I did not do things his way, even if it was far from efficient.
Pros
tips, discounts
Cons
conned out of hours, poor management
overall good
service assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 19, 2013
typical day at work that when I felt pain in my stomach due to pregnancy. I improved my language there and I learnt some cooking recipes from there.Management and co-workers were good.Keeping the dishes on there place was the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good people
Cons
less hours
Fun and always changing
Shift supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCJanuary 27, 2013
I started with Dennys as a server. after aprox. six months the owner of this franchise, approached me and asked if I would like to assume the role of Service Coodinator. (shift supervisor) for 1-5 days a week, depending on the needs of the business. As a supervisor, I was given the responiblites of managing the restaurant on my shift. shift change cash out proceedures, and oversaw 4-12 staff per shift. As a server, I gave our guests superior service. Cash handling, liquor service, training new staff, and general housekeeping duties.
Pros
fun, great people, good solid company to work for.
Cons
not a safe environment, ive had to involve the police dozens of times to ensure staff safety.
Good experience overall
line cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 16, 2014
good management, great co-workers, good experience.
learned about service industry, cooking, and maintenance of building.
given good hours and hourly wage.
Accommodating to University Career
Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Management and staff made work enjoyable, friendly and accommodated to a hectic University schedule.
amazing environment, positive workers & great atmosphere
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
My experience working at denny's was quite enjoyable, the employees got along perfectly and we all encouraged each other to keep things in control and clean. My managers respected everyone and was very organized.
Pros
50% off everything
Cons
not enough hours
Best first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day included seating customers and dealing with payments, on more busy days it also included taking drink orders and bussing tables. The hardest part of the job was a shift of being the only host during a dinner rush, the best part was all my co-workers that made working there the best experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Great opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Terrace BCApril 11, 2015
I met a lot of great people, and yeah like every restaurant, there will be some of those not so great people. Overall, it was a great experience!
Pros
Meeting new people, good tips and free pop.
Cons
Pop free, food wasn't.

2.9