Denny's Employee Reviews

fun people to work with
Cook (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BCNovember 13, 2012
dennys is very busy place to work. i love most of my coworkers and management . the hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy. the most enjoyable part is the people i work with
Fast paced Environment with lots of action. Never boring.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2012
1600 to 0400. Tuesday to Saturday
Cooks time, management pay roll, ordering produce and inventory.
Management was very team oriented.
Big turn over in co-workers
Making sure everyone 100% satisfied 100 %of times.
Free food.
Pros
job security, fun and fast paced.
Cons
over fifty hour work week. no balance between work and like.
Upper Management shouldn't be friends with District Manager as proper handling of the Restaurants are not met!!!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  OkanaganSeptember 30, 2012
I worked there as a General Manager and loved the support from the Company at the top, but, the District Manager lacked people skills and understanding to run a successful team!!!!
Pros
wage was fair
Cons
district manager really needs to learn people skills!!!
very enjoyable and friendly place
Hostess & Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCSeptember 7, 2012
my first job,I have learn how to greet customer.my supervisior was so helpful to me every step of the way.I worked thier for four years and enjoyed it but then I found another job at A&W cause my accident i couldn't work in that resturant. A&W job was easy and light for me. I have work with this company for years and learned a lots of thing.I was promoted as a trainer then supervisior. I have learned everything which was required for the job and outcome for that was great cause learned fast and always got my work done with time limit.
Dont Ever Eat There.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Flying J Sherwood ParkSeptember 6, 2012
Bottom Line. Food Safe Issues. No Staff Properly Trained In Food Safety. Major Violations. Left For Those Reasons. Wouldn't Listen to My Concerns.
Very accurate, fun and productive.
HOST (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 6, 2012
It's kinda busy in the morning and in the evenings it depends. i learned how to take payments, work in a fast-paced, how to be organized and how to make some drinks and desserts. My co-workers are very friendly and very helpful. the hardest part of the job is that when i'm in a multi-tasking situation. And the most enjoyable part of the job is that you can be yourself when you're at work.
Pros
discount on your food to eat
Cons
Fun work place with great co-worker, dont have to leave if you want breakfast,lunch,or dinner and dessert
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ONAugust 14, 2012
A day working at dennys as a hostess was enjoyable. My duties was to meet and greet customer as they enter the resturant clean and fold cutlery, wipe down table and chairs, cashed take out orders places in store or over the phone for take out.

Dennys all of my co-workers where nice and supportive they help me understand the rules and let me know the ins and outs of Dennys which made it a lot easier for me.

What i enjoyed most about Dennys was that everyone got along and worked as a team
Pros
discount on food
Cons
the shirft the wanted to offer me
Friendly, personable staff
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  CanadaAugust 6, 2012
A typical day at work would be washing dishes and general cleaning, as well as communicating with customers. Throughout my time at Denny's, I learned how to be patient and maintain a positive attitude even in a tense or negative situation. The management at Denny's has not always been up to the standard that it could be, but it has definitely improved in recent months. The managers are vey accomodating and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of my job is managing time. Many of the jobs I must complete during the day, quite often, must be done around the same time, which can be overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with new customers everyday and also with the staff. It is a great atmosphere at Denny's and I enjoy working with all of my co-workers.
Amazing amazing, great experience.
waitress in Ann Arbor and Roseville Mi (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 4, 2012
I loved this job,and meeting new people everyday.It tought me alot about customer service.
Pros
great company great pay all aroung great place to work.
Cons
n/a
Quick paced environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2012
-Cleaned the restaurant and property, cleaned the dishes, helped out however possible
-Quick paced environments are enjoyable and more to my own speed
-Changed constantly,
-Hard to communicate with, intolerable, easily agitated
-Dinner/lunch rush
-Cleaning the restaurant
Dishwasher Busser
Dishwasher and Busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2012
it's too stress and work hard into weekend night and day i would like off the weekend need to rest i dislike those stress up and schudles too is stress need to better and co worker is good
Pros
free but 50% off
Cons
some time not take break time
Great staff
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 16, 2012
The staff at Denny's in London are great. There really care about the customer and give their best more often than not.
Pros
free meals
Good Place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sargent Ave, Winnipeg,MBMay 16, 2012
Sometimes gets tiring but its a good place to work. The managers are great.
enjoyed my job
bussier and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 5, 2012
i enjoyed my job working on falls view got to meet alot of new people learned alot of new things i never new before and i enjoyed working there
Pros
it was a good place to work
Cons
short staff alot
Evaluation positive
Service assistant (Former Employee) –  South Keys, ONDecember 31, 2015
-Une journée de travail typique : pas très occupé pendant la semaine, et très occupé le week-end

-J'ai appris le savoir-faire, le travail en équipe

-J'ai un bilan mitigé sur le management dépendamment de la personne concernée dans le management

-Les collaborateurs sont en grande majorité agréable et c'est interessant de travailler avec eux

-L'aspect le plus difficie dans le poste, c'est lorsque certaines personnes ne font pas bien leur travail, et que l'on doit compenser ce manque de travail

-L'aspect le plus agréable dans le poste, c'est lorsque l'on travaille avec des collègues qui aiment travailler en équipe