Denny's

Denny's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i liked customer service
Shift Leader (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: sometimes no breaks.
go to work make sure that my employees were doing a great job and being suffecent, customers were being taking care.i was very understanding with my employees.
Good place to be and get some bills paid
SERVER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: excellent place to be when i need a job
Cons: not a place a want to be as a career
Denny's has always been my go to place of employment when I need a job to get me to my next career oriented job.
Great Place to be apart of
Cook / Externship (Former Employee), Mojave, CAOctober 22, 2014
Overall this is an awesome place for those looking to start in the business, or depending on what stage they are in their careers. Very Rewarding work force to be apart of.
fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: making people smile
I worked there during my senior year of high school and i can barely remember what the days were like, i just remember having a fun and good time at work.
Calm and laid back
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2014
management is good
co-workers are easy to work with
hardest part of the day is the morning of the shift
assisting with dishes
the hardest part of the job
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando FlOctober 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I worked from 10 p.m to 6 a.m. Didn't like working at night you cook and wash dishes at the same time
Fun Work Place Inviroment.
Host (Former Employee), Mission, TXOctober 17, 2014
Great work inviroment everyone around you is always so positive. Definetly something i look foward to in a Job positive people.
First job as a server
Server (Former Employee), Pontoon Beach, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: money
Fast pace, fun, team work, and made good money. The management team helped out a lot. And the customers were really nice as well.
Fun, plenty of business, and lots of great food
Food Server (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 16, 2014
This job was flexsible because it was open 24 hours, 365 days a year. And to be honest, for myself when it came to custody and visitation of my kids with the whole family law arena, I always worked the holidays, so that means Dad had the kids every single holiday and birthdays so no arguments about who's turn it is, he was able to spend every single – more... one with his kids and I took the day after! You saved me Denny's, Thank You – less
Fast paced fine dining establishment
Server (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 15, 2014
Pros: half off employee meals
Cons: need a better system
A typical day at Denny's for servers is we prepare for the customers be it one individual or whole group of friends and family. Servicing guest make sure to deliver excellent service and serve hot fresh food.
Very busy and crazy, but fun.
Late-Night Floor Manager (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVOctober 15, 2014
Pros: meeting wonderful people
Cons: sometime no breaks
Shift was 10 pm - 6 am. Days off were never in a row and weekends were always worked. I was in charge of all other employees and all customers. Along with having my own section I would have to take care of any problems that took place in the restaurant. I loved my customers and got along with all the employees. Working at the third busiest Denny's on – more... the east cost while only working midnights gave me the ability to deal with anyone at any time. I loved how unpredictable my nights could be. Getting through the night with everyone happy and in one piece was my main goal. – less
STEADY AND FUN
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Sanford, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: short lunces
DENNY'S WAS ALSO FAST PACE AND SMILES ALL DAY. I LEARNED HOW TO MULTITASK MORE THAN I EVER THOUGHT I COULD AND THE TRUE MEANING OF HOSPITALITY. MANAGEMENT WAS ALSO UPBEAT AND KEPT THE RESTAURANT WELL ORGANIZED. THERE WAS NOT ANYTHING HARD ABOUT MY JOB AT DENNY'S BECAUSE WITH GOOD HOSPITALITY THERE'S NO DISATISFIED CUSTOMER. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS – more... HAAVING MY CUSTOMERS AALWAYS REQUEST ME PERSONALLY OR BEING TOLD HOW GREAT I WAS. – less
Great place to work to get through college
Server (Former Employee), Redding, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, and discounts when coming in off the clock.
Cons: air conditioning doesn't work half the time in the summer
Mostly everyone is great to work with, you can make friends at your job. Management is great. The General Manager cares about you and will do what it takes to work around your schedule if going to school. The hardest part of the job is maintaining customer satisfaction when you are stretched kind of thin among employees. Overall it is a great place – more... to work. – less
not a bad place to work just fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAOctober 13, 2014
it was an over all fun place to work just fast paced sometimes
Bad Management
current employee (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 13, 2014
this location (pasadena,ca) has bad management,poor training,and unstable work scheduling.they pretty much want you to be on call if somebody else calls in sick on your day off.and if you cant or dont want to go in on your day off,they begin to give you less working hours.
customers are great
Server/Host (Former Employee), tucson azOctober 13, 2014
Denny's is a decent company to work for...not a great place if your looking for advancement or don't have a very flexible schedule
Great management
Server (Former Employee), El Centro, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I was able to become a waiter and am able to provide for my family with the hours that were given.
My day at work
Resturant Manager (Current Employee), Palestine, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: no benefits
run reports. leadership skills I learned I love the people I work with and for I am just not getting what I put in and its time for me to move on.
decent pay but no benifits
Waitress (Current Employee), North East, MDOctober 12, 2014
Pros: decient money, flexible hours
Cons: no benifits, lack of good mangment
Denny's was flexible with my hours and shifts when I was part time at Cecil college. There are also opportunities for you to move up in position based on performance. I have seen many people move from dishwashers to cooks or waitresses to managers. Despite these good attributes, there are very few benefits and inconsistent pay for waitresses.
Fun team and always competing to gain high sales
Guest Server (Former Employee), Augusta, gaOctober 11, 2014
Good place to work. Team was proactive in getting things done and effectively.