Denny's Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2015
Management and my coworkers were always really friendly and funny. Being at work was always a good time. Denny's taught me a lot about customer service.
slack\fun
dishwasher/host (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC7 July 2015
it was a slack job management was pretty bad was dirty half of the time but it was a fun job grate people to meet and good work
skills
Hostess Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC6 July 2015
gained skills and experience from working with this employer as a hostess by greeting and ensuring a great work and sanitary working environment. Also took drink orders and cleaned and maintain great work environment.
customers and coworkers were wonderful. managing was horrific.
Dishwasher/Cook/Host (Former Employee) –  2325 ottawa st4 July 2015
I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle endeavours with customers. A typical day at work i welcomed, greeted and sat guests, as well as cleaned menus tables and helped roll cutlery. The job was fun but the manager was not suited to run the place which resulted in bankruptcy two months into the job. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning when i was in the kitchen for two weeks and the heat was unbearable. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different people.
Pros
free food
Cons
40 hours a week
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB17 June 2015
Great place to work. I have learnt alot of useful skills and management experience. This is very beneficial to upgrade myself and my skills.
So So place to work but pleaent staff
Dishwasher and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  2452 Queen Street E. Brampton ON17 June 2015
I had the late shift from midnight to 9 am and later if I had to put away food and supplies. I learned to properly set up a freezer and cold room to make it easy for the cooks and servers to access How to plan and prepare some of Denny"s Grand Slam meals.
Management was not the greatest to that end the Restaurant went into Bankruptcy and nobody was warned. The store was seized by the bailiff with an sign on the door and the place locked.
The co-workers on whole where great and backed each other up.
The hardest part of the job was using the dish washing equipment so out of date and service it required that I had to do a clothes wash each day even when wearing protective gear.
Enjoyable part of the work was the staff personal .
Pros
Easy acces from home and to transporation
Cons
Lack of vacation time based on time employed
productive, fast paced environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2015
Productive, fast paced environment. Good environment with great staff. Enjoyed my time working, customer greeting and system used was easy to handle.
Working at dennys is amazing the enviorment and the people are great
Hostes (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2015
a typical day at work consist of seating people taking payments having good laughs with fellow employees. ive learned a lot at dennys ive become more out spoken and find it a lot easier to talk to people. the management is great I really do like all my managers. my co-workers are all amazing as well. the hardest part of my job I don't really have one even when it gets busy nothing is every to hard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough hours
Travelling
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BC6 June 2015
over all i like my job at dennys
i just look for extra money which will be great support to my family
co worker are excellent to work with them
A good restaurant to gain serving experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2015
A typical day at work would consist of clearing tables before shift start and making sure each table is stocked with sugars/jams. Then I proceed to each new table and take their drink/food order. Once the customer(s) leave, the table is cleared.
stressful and productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, BC31 May 2015
A typical day at dennys can be a bit stressful, attitudes fly from co-workers and managers. I find that there is to much micro managing in the Dennys company. But I do enjoy working there with others as well. I have learned only that Dennys is a very busy resturant compared to others on weekends.
Pros
Non
Cons
Stress levels, not enough hours, late night hours
the work place is great but the management sucks. store that has full of drama
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC24 May 2015
i love my job, i love what i am doing. the people around me are friendly but full of drama its a love and hate kind of thing. everyday is a learning process that you deal most of the management empty promises. but as long as i see my customers happy everything is worth a sweat. that makes it a bitter sweet.
Pros
day off if you need to
Cons
make you take a day off if they don't need you
dennys
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2015
Didn't like it wasn't respected ect
and just wasn't my field in jobs to work at.

I did like working with the co workers tho just
managers not so much except one manager
was nice and i ended up quitting as i was taking
a two hour bus ride and they only gave me 3 days
a week and short shifts just wasn't worth it.
Pros
paid you on time
Cons
just some of the managers there were mean
KFC 100 MILE BC
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC13 May 2015
This was my very first job!!
It was amazing and I worked there for 3.5 years!
I loved the entire experience!
Started with cashier and ended up know cooking chicken as well as the middle which was making and preparing food, fries, etc..
I would love more than anything to be able to enjoy this kind of work again.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2015
This was a great place to work and start my career as a server. we also did room service for the hotel so it was great getting to step out of the restaurant for a few minutes
Great atmosphere and lovely people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONT26 April 2015
I honestly loved Denny's. I loved the food, the people and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
-When I was working at Denny's, I've learned about it's all about what the customer wants and what the customer needs.
-Management was good, treated me well, thought about my hours and daily schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was being liked by everyone; some people were hateful as I was the 'new girl' and others were more understanding.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working at a food industry that made me happy and paid me right on time.
Pros
Good food, Surrounded by warm people
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice place and everyone is really nice
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 April 2015
In Denny's Restaurant when I first went their everyone helped me with the work that I was assigned. I think if I did something wrong they always given me another chance. Managers over their are kind if we need their help they are always their.
In an area of few opportunities, this establishment provided work for many.
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 April 2015
Interesting people to serve on a daily basis with ongoing time constraints. How to satisfy the customer as quickly as possible was a constant challenge. An absentee management trend hurt the business after a ownership change. Being positive in a difficult work environment was the key to success. Seeing customers leave and return happy was the best part of the job.
Pros
24 hour work place
Cons
little job security
Great opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Terrace BC11 April 2015
I met a lot of great people, and yeah like every restaurant, there will be some of those not so great people. Overall, it was a great experience!
Pros
Meeting new people, good tips and free pop.
Cons
Pop free, food wasn't.
24 Hour Restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 April 2015
This is an alright place to work if your looking for steady hours throughout the year. The staff is very friendly. The midnight shift deals with a alot of impaired customers.

2.9