Denny's Employee Reviews

Travelling
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BCJune 6, 2015
over all i like my job at dennys
i just look for extra money which will be great support to my family
co worker are excellent to work with them
A good restaurant to gain serving experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of clearing tables before shift start and making sure each table is stocked with sugars/jams. Then I proceed to each new table and take their drink/food order. Once the customer(s) leave, the table is cleared.
stressful and productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, BCMay 31, 2015
A typical day at dennys can be a bit stressful, attitudes fly from co-workers and managers. I find that there is to much micro managing in the Dennys company. But I do enjoy working there with others as well. I have learned only that Dennys is a very busy resturant compared to others on weekends.
Pros
Non
Cons
Stress levels, not enough hours, late night hours
the work place is great but the management sucks. store that has full of drama
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 24, 2015
i love my job, i love what i am doing. the people around me are friendly but full of drama its a love and hate kind of thing. everyday is a learning process that you deal most of the management empty promises. but as long as i see my customers happy everything is worth a sweat. that makes it a bitter sweet.
Pros
day off if you need to
Cons
make you take a day off if they don't need you
dennys
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
Didn't like it wasn't respected ect
and just wasn't my field in jobs to work at.

I did like working with the co workers tho just
managers not so much except one manager
was nice and i ended up quitting as i was taking
a two hour bus ride and they only gave me 3 days
a week and short shifts just wasn't worth it.
Pros
paid you on time
Cons
just some of the managers there were mean
KFC 100 MILE BC
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 13, 2015
This was my very first job!!
It was amazing and I worked there for 3.5 years!
I loved the entire experience!
Started with cashier and ended up know cooking chicken as well as the middle which was making and preparing food, fries, etc..
I would love more than anything to be able to enjoy this kind of work again.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
This was a great place to work and start my career as a server. we also did room service for the hotel so it was great getting to step out of the restaurant for a few minutes
Great atmosphere and lovely people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONTApril 26, 2015
I honestly loved Denny's. I loved the food, the people and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
-When I was working at Denny's, I've learned about it's all about what the customer wants and what the customer needs.
-Management was good, treated me well, thought about my hours and daily schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was being liked by everyone; some people were hateful as I was the 'new girl' and others were more understanding.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working at a food industry that made me happy and paid me right on time.
Pros
Good food, Surrounded by warm people
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice place and everyone is really nice
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 23, 2015
In Denny's Restaurant when I first went their everyone helped me with the work that I was assigned. I think if I did something wrong they always given me another chance. Managers over their are kind if we need their help they are always their.
In an area of few opportunities, this establishment provided work for many.
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 15, 2015
Interesting people to serve on a daily basis with ongoing time constraints. How to satisfy the customer as quickly as possible was a constant challenge. An absentee management trend hurt the business after a ownership change. Being positive in a difficult work environment was the key to success. Seeing customers leave and return happy was the best part of the job.
Pros
24 hour work place
Cons
little job security
Great opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Terrace BCApril 11, 2015
I met a lot of great people, and yeah like every restaurant, there will be some of those not so great people. Overall, it was a great experience!
Pros
Meeting new people, good tips and free pop.
Cons
Pop free, food wasn't.
24 Hour Restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 7, 2015
This is an alright place to work if your looking for steady hours throughout the year. The staff is very friendly. The midnight shift deals with a alot of impaired customers.
Diner
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
A decent place to work for the summers, pay isn't too grand but the tips and the people are good. Management is excellent. Co-workers are a fun bunch.
amazing environment, positive workers & great atmosphere
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
My experience working at denny's was quite enjoyable, the employees got along perfectly and we all encouraged each other to keep things in control and clean. My managers respected everyone and was very organized.
Pros
50% off everything
Cons
not enough hours
productive, and good coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 1, 2015
I was trained as a hostess, my duties involved greeting and seating customers. I introduced their waitress to them and provided them with menus. I kept the area behind the counter clean, filled the ice tray, rolled silverware. I helped waitresses clean and clear tables as well as reset them. I also took payment from customers and helped out in other areas when needed.
Great atmposhere with friendly caring staff
Busperson (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 27, 2015
I didn't work there for very long, and I had to leave due to health complications, If I hadn't I'd likely still be working there, It was a very nice entry level position
Dennys
Hostess (Former Employee) –  TerraceFebruary 21, 2015
I learned to serve food take payment and work on my feet. The management was very nice and friendly. I got along with all of my coworkers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no hours
Best first job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day included seating customers and dealing with payments, on more busy days it also included taking drink orders and bussing tables. The hardest part of the job was a shift of being the only host during a dinner rush, the best part was all my co-workers that made working there the best experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Good Place To Work Due To Employees
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 7, 2015
The Denny's restaurant I worked at was a consistently busy location. I worked with an excellent, positive staff that was among, if not the, best I've ever been a part of. As far as resiliency, unity and support every member down to the management was terrific. The location was well kept and was properly organized to make efficient and timely work possible.
Pros
positive environment, complimentary meals
fun and fast paced restuarant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2014
Dennys, having the popular, fast paced environment made the days go by fast. Lots of smiling customers and smiling employees in return. Hardest part would be having lots of tasks to handle all at once, such a greeting the guests and serving out beverages while keeping the front end clean and tidy. Prioritizing tasks is a skill i've learned throughout my experiences. Most enjoyable part would definitely be dealing with costumers and always having a constant and new challenge.
Pros
free meal everyday an excellent customers!
Cons
short hours and cut shifts due to the season.

2.9