Denny's Employee Reviews

Fast Paced work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 April 2017
The work is fast paced, challenging, and at times, overwhelming. But its a restaurant so its to be expected. Sometimes you dont get breaks its that busy. The tips are great which makes up for some of the downsides.

Would still recommend this job!
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Long hours on your feet in the heat
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
It has a great location next to movie theaters and other restaurant's. Very clean and organized. staff and management very friendly and knowledgeable customers are friendly.
Fun workplace
hostess and expo manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
Denny's it self is really a nice working place with a comfortable and learning environment. The staff and management was very supportive in every manner.
Easy job, with great discounts
Food server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
I worked at dennys for about two months and had to resign due to school. It was a fun job.Id start work at about and end at 4. The workplace had a great atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothin
very productive work place
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
best part about working was learning new things such as, taking to go orders through phone or in person. Very flexible hours where given. What i enjoyed at dennys at the most was the people customer, and management staff was very nice and very helpful. If ever i wantd to learn they would help i served customers with great welcoming greeting when walked into the restaurant. what i didnt like about the job was i was attending high school at the moment and was a bit far for me to come to work but i really loved working at dennys its was like we were all a big family.
Pros
free lunch meal/dinner meal
Cons
Far from school and home
Very challenging work place need to deliver on time and follow the safety measures
Certified trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
Love this place it amazing to be a part of this great company I have learned a lot and still learning I make sure that all my tasks are completed as required by my company and follow the food safety procedures
Pros
Morning shift
Cons
N/a
Fun, family restaurant
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 March 2017
Lots of guest interaction, even as a host, never a shortage of odd jobs or duties to perform. You can gain experience running food and drinks, and busing.
A place to start out in
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
It is a good place to startat but if making g a career then one has to be able to handle every and all kinds of characters at any time day or night...
Fun place to work
Dishwasher and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 March 2017
They were very willing to employ me and give extra shifts when needed, as well as being completely flexible with my second job as a housekeeper in the mornings. I learned how to be a hostess, one of the few jobs in the service industry I hadn't ever held. Typical day at work was very upbeat and fast-paced, especially during the dinner rush. Started at 4pm and normally finished my shift around 1am. Most enjoyable part of the job was my clients and coworkers, everyone was very friendly and got along very well and we very rarely had any issues or complaints.
Horrible Boss
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
He was condensing, and creepy. He hired the girls off looks (mentioned it many times), would talk to teenage girls about their s*x lives. He would touch them inappropriately.
professional and family development
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK8 March 2017
professional advance on learning are given to development one's performance , trainings and coaching are for all employee not all have a activities for professional growth but also have time for family bonding activities for the all employee. benefits and long term tenure security plan are also apart of the benefit that the employee can enjoy.
Pros
meals / financial incentive programs
Cons
result oriented company
A good place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 March 2017
A good place to work,, wonderful co-workers and regular peoplewhich is the best part of the job..over all like my job,,, hardest part is late night bar rush..
assistant mangers
Waitress (nightshift) (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC7 March 2017
left early and could not get ahold of them if problems occurred. only ones working nightshift was myself and a cook. Had to stock inventory, serve customers and clean, vaccumm and wash floors before breakfast rush come in. a lot to ask when the cook was responsible to do dishes, cook and clean kitchen.
challenging, not friendly
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2017
It was a fun time and interesting working at dennys. Good place to work, if one wanna make some extra cash. Managers are understanding and accommodate according to your schedule
Great Place to Work
Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2017
I really enjoy working at Denny's as a cook. Everyone works as a team, management is excellent, scheduling is perfect for my lifestyle and the training is really good. In the beginning the training can be intense and overwhelming because it is a lot to learn. It does get easier with each shift and my co-workers are really understanding and helpful. Denny's is a very organised place to work and that makes me feel secure in my job duties as I know exactly what I need to do for my shift. I find as long as I carry my weight, try my best and have a good attitude everything runs smoothly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the orders and keeping the customers happy with wait times especially on the weekends as Denny's is a very popular place to eat. Overall I really like working here and work well with my co-workers and managers.
Pros
one free meal per shift for cooks, good managment, great co-workers
Cons
Weekends are very busy
Warm Friendly Comfortable work environment
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC2 March 2017
Although I was only an employee for three months, I was immediately welcomed into the Denny's family and was able to make some lasting friendships with my former co-workers.
Definetely a fun workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Headingley, MB19 February 2017
A typical day at work is usually steady with constant customers coming in for food.

I definitely learned to gain lots of patience working here.
Pros
If you did over $1, 000 in sales, you get a free meal.
Cons
If it is too busy, sometimes you don't get a break. Also, getting hours cut when you need money.
Good hours and good pay.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 February 2017
I have nothing nice to say about Denny's. other that I met my best friend and some interesting people. I made good money and learned a lot about team work, and a lot about people who know how to look like they good guys but are actually the bad guys.
Pros
50% off meals. Meeting new people.
Cons
Hostile. Bad management.
nice
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
A very nice place to work and the most important part of my job was too help clean tables and too help serves deliver food and drinks when they need help.
Busy
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Very busy workplace. Downtown clientele was great. Diverse culture, students, business people, seniors and bar clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9