Denny's
1,096 reviews

Denny's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place and a good companty to work for
cook (Former Employee), Clovis, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: pay for our food
a typical day at work would be someone always called in what I learned is the harder you work and you offer yourself to come in or stay longer cover some ones shift always makes u look better the management there was always nice because anything I needed to do or learn they were always right there when u needed them as for my former co workers before – more... it was my shift when they were about to go home I would tell them is everything stocked prepped ready for my shift I would say the hardest part of my job is I worked graveyard on the weekends I would not have another cook and the manager would leave I would sell around 1,500 in sales in 2 hours that was the hardest part of my job the most enjoyable part of my job was giving the customers what every person on this planet needs and that's a good meal and good customer service – less
Horrible place to work.
Short Order Cook (Former Employee), Bend, ORSeptember 4, 2014
Cons: everything
Really nothing else to say

I worked as a line cook....store was filthy, employees were rude.
You can work your way up through this company.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 3, 2014
Lots of room to grow your career with this company. Good food, friendly and dedicated staff.
productive and busy.
Cook and waitress (Former Employee), Lake Park, GAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: managment was only there for the pay.
a typical day was cooking food or waiting on tables.i learned that the company doesnt care about its employees. the managment would not talk to you off the clock or out in public. the co workers where usualy stressed. the hardest part of my job was getting food out fast enough when a bus came in. the most enjoyable was once again customers who actualy – more... consider us friends. – less
a lot of awesome people
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee), Auburn, MEAugust 30, 2014
awesome place to make an impact on how someone's day or night end's based on how great you can make and prepare food .
Wouldnt ever go back here
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Texas City, TXAugust 29, 2014
The owners are extremely rude. Pay isn't even competitive. and this store is just a joke
bussing tables
Server Assistant (Former Employee), N Smithfield, RIAugust 29, 2014
Assisted the servers with drinks for customers. I enjoyed my job at denny's got to meet alot of interesting people.
fun place
Waitress (Former Employee), Saint George, UTAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: bad pay
due to the way they handle inapropriate behaviors it was a very unpleasant work inviroment for a female.
dennys
Server (Former Employee), miami, flAugust 28, 2014
• Server job duties consist of taking food and drink orders, bringing food and drinks to guests, answering questions about menu items and specials, and catering to patron requests.
• Servers must also coordinate with the kitchen to make sure that service is on time and the quality of the food is according to the company’s standards.
• Maintained knowledge – more... of current menu items, garnishes, ingredients, preparation methods.
• Suggested additional items to customers to increase restaurant sales.
• Consistently adhered to quality expectations, standards.
• Correctly calculated charges, issued bills, collected payments.
• Immediately reported accidents, injuries, unsafe work conditions to manager.
• Resolved guest complaints quickly, efficiently. – less
Server (Current Employee), Tulare, CAAugust 27, 2014
Great customers that come in to the restaurant, some are good tippers.
always busy
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: hard to get a break
I really liked working here friendly environment and everybody did what they were supposed to do. Great customer service. Great food.
Just Don't Do It.
Host (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHAugust 25, 2014
Pros: there is none.
Cons: managers, rude coworkers, no hours
Horrible managers! Managers play favorites and they are rude and obvious about it. HR is not any better! They do not call you back in a timely fashion. One host got in a managers face and walked out, manager fired him and HR allowed him to get his job back, and they cut the hours from the employees that had to cover his shifts for the week.
Never again
Cook and server (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2014
I learned what I could from them, and left because of a work related injury.
Good Experience
Hostess (Former Employee), Show Low, AZAugust 23, 2014
It was a good experience working in the restaurant. It gave me a new appreciation for when I go out to eat now. It showed me what really goes on behind the scenes.
Fun Place To Work
Server (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: the food
Cons: advancment
Meeting New People Everyday Or Serving Me Regulars It Was All Too Fun, How To Deal With Different People, Handle Different Attitudes, The Management Was Great, There Was Nothing Hard About This Job At All
HIgh volume, fast paced restauraunt with a focus on service and sales
Server (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2014
I loved building a clientele here, and it's been a very educational 9 years.
Excellent Job
Server/Hostess/Safety Team Member (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2014
A typical day at work for me was fast paced, fun and full of learning experiences. Management was always helpful/insightful and quick to jump into work mode if we got too busy! I had great coworkers who were always more than willing to lend a helping hand and I made pretty good money for someone just out of high school.
Productive fun place with great coworkers
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2014
Pros: guests, management, flexibility
Cons: age difference in coworkers
Serving and seating guests to the best of my abilities. Working in a welcoming environment with wonderful coworkers and management. I loved meeting new people and helping the guests.
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Fort Smith ArAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad management
Loved interacting with the public, waiting tables. Pay was less than desirable. Tips were good at first but they had poor management and in the end people were having to wait 45 minutes to 1 hour food.
Denny's
Line Cook (Former Employee), North Platte, NEAugust 21, 2014
I have already filled out this review But I went through 15 managers in five years. I need more consistency than what they provide. They have no idea what they are doing and it's an embarassment