Denny's

Denny's Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great job
Head Hostess/Waiters (Former Employee), niagara falls ontJuly 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great manager
I enjoyed being head hostess/ server at dennys on lundys lane I was very upseat when it closed down I would still be working there if it was still open
Friendly work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 3, 2013
I never had any problems working at Denny's. The other staff was always very friendly, and my job was quite simple and easy thanks to the wonderful customers
Good first job
Line Cook (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJune 3, 2013
Good first job, from what I can remember training was good. Overall good experience for it being a first job
horrable training
Line cook/Prep cook (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCJune 1, 2013
Pros: learned how to cook new recipes
horable working envirment. under age servers selling liqure and working overnights alone
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 30, 2013
First job. Worked with some really nice people who went out of their way to teach me things.
Can't complain about the pay/tips, management was less than to be desired.
Host (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2013
Pros: tips, discounts
Cons: conned out of hours, poor management
One manager was a good worker, the other two did not have the best work ethics. The newest of the three would be hostile if I did not do things his way, even if it was far from efficient.
Fun workplace, great bunch of people to work with
Host/Cashier, Service Assistant, Prep cook (Former Employee), London, ONApril 1, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers, tips, discounted lunch, clean environment
Cons: shortage of hours, scheduling issues
Co-workers were spectacular people to work with. Everyone carried their own weight around the restaurant, and everyone knew how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job had to be keeping customers in line happy. The restaurant was a humble size, and filled up very easily on weekends. Lineups out the door became difficult to handle, but I was never put in any severely difficult situations working there. It was nice that everyone got along for the most part, and the managment was somewhat understanding of individual situations. However, there was a shortage of hours, and there were scheduling issues once in awhile. Overall it was a nice place to work.
I love to work in a a fast paced environment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 21, 2013
I have learned how to use a computerized cash register. And I love to work with a very friendly but professional co workers. And serving customers is the most enjoyable part of the job because its challenging and helps me become more active and attentive.
Fun and always changing
Shift supervisor/Server (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: fun, great people, good solid company to work for.
Cons: not a safe environment, ive had to involve the police dozens of times to ensure staff safety.
I started with Dennys as a server. after aprox. six months the owner of this franchise, approached me and asked if I would like to assume the role of Service Coodinator. (shift supervisor) for 1-5 days a week, depending on the needs of the business. As a supervisor, I was given the responiblites of managing the restaurant on my shift. shift change cash out proceedures, and oversaw 4-12 staff per shift. As a server, I gave our guests superior service. Cash handling, liquor service, training new staff, and general housekeeping duties.
very busy work place
Over Night Line Cook (Former Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: a good place to start learning cooking
Cons: not enough income in winter
a typical day: we do not have enough cook, we try our best to do a lot of things
I learn how to do cooking and preparing effectively
The management did their best to achieve the overall service of the whole restaurant
the hardest part of the job is trying to do too many orders with the minimum amount of time during the rush hour
The most enjoyable part is have some nice co-workers and managers
Family oriented restaruant
Hostess (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Denny's is a place that you can have fun at work, when the time allows. Just like any job, there is a person who thinks that they are a boss, and make you feel like the smallest person in the world.
not a good place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABDecember 2, 2012
i didnt really learn from denny's because they never taught me or my co-workers anything, i hated the managers, there got things wrong and trained the people in the kitchen wrong.i love the co-workers apart from the people i was ones friends with, having to coup with the managers issues and problems.. having fun with my friends at work and taking people payment.
fun people to work with
Cook (Current Employee), Vernon, BCNovember 13, 2012
dennys is very busy place to work. i love most of my coworkers and management . the hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy. the most enjoyable part is the people i work with
Fast paced Environment with lots of action. Never boring.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2012
Pros: job security, fun and fast paced.
Cons: over fifty hour work week. no balance between work and like.
1600 to 0400. Tuesday to Saturday
Cooks time, management pay roll, ordering produce and inventory.
Management was very team oriented.
Big turn over in co-workers
Making sure everyone 100% satisfied 100 %of times.
Free food.
Upper Management shouldn't be friends with District Manager as proper handling of the Restaurants are not met!!!!
General Manager (Former Employee), OkanaganSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: wage was fair
Cons: district manager really needs to learn people skills!!!
I worked there as a General Manager and loved the support from the Company at the top, but, the District Manager lacked people skills and understanding to run a successful team!!!!
very enjoyable and friendly place
Hostess & Dishwasher (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 7, 2012
my first job,I have learn how to greet customer.my supervisior was so helpful to me every step of the way.I worked thier for four years and enjoyed it but then I found another job at A&W cause my accident i couldn't work in that resturant. A&W job was easy and light for me. I have work with this company for years and learned a lots of thing.I was promoted as a trainer then supervisior. I have learned everything which was required for the job and outcome for that was great cause learned fast and always got my work done with time limit.
Dont Ever Eat There.
Cook (Former Employee), Flying J Sherwood ParkSeptember 6, 2012
Bottom Line. Food Safe Issues. No Staff Properly Trained In Food Safety. Major Violations. Left For Those Reasons. Wouldn't Listen to My Concerns.
Very accurate, fun and productive.
HOST (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: discount on your food to eat
Cons: long hours
It's kinda busy in the morning and in the evenings it depends. i learned how to take payments, work in a fast-paced, how to be organized and how to make some drinks and desserts. My co-workers are very friendly and very helpful. the hardest part of the job is that when i'm in a multi-tasking situation. And the most enjoyable part of the job is that you can be yourself when you're at work.
Fun work place with great co-worker, dont have to leave if you want breakfast,lunch,or dinner and dessert
Hostess (Former Employee), Mississauga ONAugust 14, 2012
Pros: discount on food
Cons: the shirft the wanted to offer me
A day working at dennys as a hostess was enjoyable. My duties was to meet and greet customer as they enter the resturant clean and fold cutlery, wipe down table and chairs, cashed take out orders places in store or over the phone for take out.

Dennys all of my co-workers where nice and supportive they help me understand the rules and let me know the ins and outs of Dennys which made it a lot easier for me.

What i enjoyed most about Dennys was that everyone got along and worked as a team
Friendly, personable staff
Service Assistant (Current Employee), CanadaAugust 6, 2012
A typical day at work would be washing dishes and general cleaning, as well as communicating with customers. Throughout my time at Denny's, I learned how to be patient and maintain a positive attitude even in a tense or negative situation. The management at Denny's has not always been up to the standard that it could be, but it has definitely improved in recent months. The managers are vey accomodating and willing to help when needed. The hardest part of my job is managing time. Many of the jobs I must complete during the day, quite often, must be done around the same time, which can be overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with new customers everyday and also with the staff. It is a great atmosphere at Denny's and I enjoy working with all of my co-workers.