Denny's Employee Reviews

High Volume working experience
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
Working at Denny's was a very exciting experience because I would meet a lot of different people and serve them their breakfast, lunch or dinner whenever they liked. It is a 24/hour diner and I enjoyed that the most. I got to use my customer service skills while also handling food serving and drinks as well as taking cash, visa or debit transactions. It was a very fast paced Job that I learned a lot from.
it was a great experience to work in the fast food chain i learned a lot and hope i can use some of those skills
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB14 June 2016
although i learned a lot working in the fast food chain taught me something no matter how hard you work you do it to prove to yourself not to anyone above or below you, a lot of your hard work will go un-noticed.
Pros
free lunches and drinks
Cons
not everyone pulls their own weight and sometimes you have to pick up what they left.
Denny's Work Experience
Hostess, Expediter and Server (Former Employee) –  South Keys, ON20 February 2016
Denny's is a family orientated restaurant that ran 24/7 364 days a year. Although a diner experience, the Dennys family is what made the job experience such a joy and a life long memory. The management staff was not only considerate but accommodating to schedule flexibility.

Every day, I learned something new from customers, regulars and those passing by before leaving to venture into another part of the world. I was tested to serve all ages from infants to the elderly, which requires understanding different age groups and needs.

The most challenging aspect of the job were days that required the most mental and physical demand such as Sunday Mornings or a single server for overnights.

After 22 years of Denny's Service, the restaurant is now closed. I know that those who have become part of the Denny's family aswell, can relate to the countless smiles, laughs, sweat ad hard workers.
It is a sad ending, but a start to something more beautiful. As it is said "One door closes so another may open."
first job
Hostess/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 August 2016
The people I worked with were awesome! I met all types of people because it was in the tourist attraction area, it was a fun job for being my very first employment
Really fun work place with great co-workers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2016
Well a typical day at work was making sure all my stations are clean and restocked before my shift. I also learned lots in a couple months of training and the hardest part of my job was keeping up with the orders when there was only me and one other cook in the kitchen.
good for a starter job
Dishwasher / Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 February 2016
cleaning the restaurant, completing side-work, making sure tables and booths were bussed for servers and customers, washing dishes for cooks and customers. I learned how to multi-task, and customer service (when applicable). Management was good for the most part, they were helpful to a point but sometimes they'd get a little frustrated and take it out on the employees. My co-workers were also good for the most part, some had the tendency to complain too much and it made for a bad day at work, aside from that we for the most part had a good camaraderie and could work together to get things done. The hardest part of the job was honestly maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant due to high traffic/volume of customers coming in and out. The most enjoyable was getting to meet new people from all kinds of different backgrounds and learning new things as far as different jobs to do in the restaurant itself.
Pros
meeting new people, great starter job
Cons
pay's not really all that great
a great place to work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 April 2016
The management was great and knew how to treat their employees they thought you many things. my co workers were all outgoing and fun loving people we had a few laughs the hardest part of the job had to be being contently taking care of one table when you had so many others to get to, the most enjoyable part is getting to put a smile on everyone's faces every time they sat down in my tables
Relaxed environment, but some lazy supervisors/managers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 June 2016
I followed more rules some times than the supervisors and managers did, the job was pretty relaxed, decent pay, okay hours, but they need to have more serious staff some times and be more proactive.
Very low hours, usually rude managment. NO raises
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON20 August 2014
Don't follow head office rules and regulations. No PPE, food stored too long, improper food handling practices. Never a pay raise, treated like mules. Oh most enjoyable part of the job was GOING HOME AT THE END OF SHIFT!
Work is worship
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2016
Busy day is always my typical day

not only learned but always learning also

Great job

Coworkers are sincere and hard workers

Not hardest nothing to impossible.

Every part of my job is enjoyable.
Pros
lunch
Cons
long hrs
Good time with co-wrkers
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2016
Enjoyed my stay with the company and co-managers.
great work place but with long hours and pen 24/7. so very little time for family.
Pros
free food
Cons
10 hour shift
Never ever work in denny's
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 April 2016
Its not that bad of a company
But the food industry in general is not that good to work for
Its a good job as a stepping stone
But I learned a lot in customer service and management skills
Pros
N/A
Cons
Poor management
Good for beginners that are managing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA15 February 2016
Long Hours
Good to learn the basics
Great team to work with
Limited options to learn as a manager
Late night shifts are long and hard on the weekends
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Long Hours
good student work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 April 2016
Good place to work at as a student. The supervisors were awesome but the management wasn't very good in the second half due to a management change. A typical day of work was cooking, cleaning and prepping for the next day workers.
Staff were fun to work with
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 May 2016
It was an alright job. I dishwashed every day making minimum wage. Stuff were fun and enjoyable people to work with. Hours weren't bad either and they accomodated to what I could work.
Dennys
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 June 2016
Everyone in the world is required to work at Denny at-least once in their life. its pretty awesome..
Quiet
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 February 2016
I had only spent one day there. The typical day I had learned, from the small conversations I had before and after I went into volunteer work, is busy. I had learned further communication skills. I did not meet management. My co-workers were respectful and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the repetition. It was just an enjoyable experience to begin with.
nice work atmosphere ,I really had a good time working for Denny's restaurant
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2016
I worked with the evening and night crew , I was dishwasher/service assistant. My job was to maintain the store and dishes clean, and to help the waiters and waitresses clear tables. My experience there was fun and educating, the staff was amazing and the food really good. I learned some new skills that I can use later on in my life.
Pros
good hours
Cons
layoffs
A very busy restaurant. A lot of hard workers that make the business what it is.
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 February 2016
Servers and cooks stick together. Need experienced dish washers and more cooks on line. Running the kitchen with minimal staff. Feel sorry for the cooks watching them scramble. All it takes is a lousy general manager to make the workplace a horrible place to work for even for the most experienced server and cook.
Pros
Experienced staff hold things together.
Cons
messed up hours and no free lunch.
Good experience for a first time job
Hostess - Duties (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
A typical day at Denny's, usually clock in, greet customers, answer the phone for take out orders or directions for customers. Always kept the restaurant clean by busing tables and cleaning the restrooms or dinning floor. The hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient customers but knowing that you have a keep a leveled head and be respectful to and patient with a customer. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, and learning new things from my fellow co-workers.

2.9