Denny's Employee Reviews in Canada

Working at dennys is amazing the enviorment and the people are great
Hostes (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
a typical day at work consist of seating people taking payments having good laughs with fellow employees. ive learned a lot at dennys ive become more out spoken and find it a lot easier to talk to people. the management is great I really do like all my managers. my co-workers are all amazing as well. the hardest part of my job I don't really have one even when it gets busy nothing is every to hard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough hours
Great atmosphere and lovely people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONTApril 26, 2015
I honestly loved Denny's. I loved the food, the people and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
-When I was working at Denny's, I've learned about it's all about what the customer wants and what the customer needs.
-Management was good, treated me well, thought about my hours and daily schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was being liked by everyone; some people were hateful as I was the 'new girl' and others were more understanding.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working at a food industry that made me happy and paid me right on time.
Pros
Good food, Surrounded by warm people
Cons
Not enough hours
the work place is great but the management sucks. store that has full of drama
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 24, 2015
i love my job, i love what i am doing. the people around me are friendly but full of drama its a love and hate kind of thing. everyday is a learning process that you deal most of the management empty promises. but as long as i see my customers happy everything is worth a sweat. that makes it a bitter sweet.
Pros
day off if you need to
Cons
make you take a day off if they don't need you
Fun place to work
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2015
Management and my coworkers were always really friendly and funny. Being at work was always a good time. Denny's taught me a lot about customer service.
Denny's
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 6, 2015
I learned a lot about the food service industry. My training was top notch. I was hired before the grand opening, I received extensive train by great leaders within the Denny's corporation. I was trained to promote new menu items as well as suggest products to enhance meals and over all guest satisfaction. I enjoy working with the public and giving great customer service.
Pros
Flexible hours
Received good experience with different kinds of people in a busy restaraunt.
Server, hostess and busser. (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 11, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of taking an order from a customer and bringing the correctly ordered dish back to their table and meeting their every request with a skip in my step and a smile on my face. Once I the customer was finished I would clear their plates away as they were done and told them that I would see them next time and to have a great day.

I learned patience and the importance of getting the correctly ordered plate into the order of the kitchen.

Management was good for accommodating to my schedule since I played competitive soccer.

The hardest part of my job would be getting there. Denny's was across town and I only had a pedal bike. I had to be very organized and had to have good time management skills.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having a customer and putting a smile on their face. Saying jokes when the opportunity presented itself and having the customer say that they were happy that I served them.
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
difficulty getting to work.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  170 street and Yellowhead Flying JDecember 19, 2013
Greeted and followed sequence for where customers were to be seated,
processed orders taken and input them into the POS system
Made sure orders were correct then would serve the order to the customer.
Follow up on food and that drinks were filled and customers were happy
Offered dessert and cleaned tables
Took payment and cleared the order in POS
Job was enjoyable, Enjoyed serving the customers and working with my wonderful management team and co-workers.
Pros
50% discount on food when working, 25% when not on shift and is usuable at any dennys.
Cons
sometimes long hours, shift work
customers and coworkers were wonderful. managing was horrific.
Dishwasher/Cook/Host (Former Employee) –  2325 ottawa stJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle endeavours with customers. A typical day at work i welcomed, greeted and sat guests, as well as cleaned menus tables and helped roll cutlery. The job was fun but the manager was not suited to run the place which resulted in bankruptcy two months into the job. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning when i was in the kitchen for two weeks and the heat was unbearable. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different people.
Pros
free food
Cons
40 hours a week
Friendly Atmosphere
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2015
great teamwork skills learned, gained cash experience and balancing daily receipts...the schedule during the day was hectic and kept the day going by fast...met people which I enjoy doing.
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. I have learnt alot of useful skills and management experience. This is very beneficial to upgrade myself and my skills.
Overall Good
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 9, 2015
Good employer, approachable.
Work was very busy, fair with number of tables and rotation of tables.
Staff were supportive
Strong sanitation ethics, lots of regular deep cleaning
Learned a lot about restaurant business
Had an opportunity to even manage overnights at times.
slack\fun
dishwasher/host (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCJuly 7, 2015
it was a slack job management was pretty bad was dirty half of the time but it was a fun job grate people to meet and good work
fun working environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
it was very easy, and an out going environment to work in. i learned that hard work and dedication pays off at the end. my co workers were very nice and helpful towards me. management worked very professionally and did their job properly which i liked very much. the hardest part of the job was trying to seat the customers as a hostess and having no seats to place them in which was very difficult and making the customers wait which is unkind gesture. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, meeting new people and making new friends; and also short shifts were very nice and proper for me to have. having a positive environment around me help me to do my job in a better and a productive way which i enjoyed doing very much. lastly, i enjoyed working with everyone around me, and they all treated me very well , which i liked doing a lot.
Pros
50 % off on food.
Cons
dealing with customers was sometimes difficult for me.
nice place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2015
this is an island basically tourist place,everyday you have different people to serve,talk them,people are coming from around the world
Fast paced Environment with lots of action. Never boring.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2012
1600 to 0400. Tuesday to Saturday
Cooks time, management pay roll, ordering produce and inventory.
Management was very team oriented.
Big turn over in co-workers
Making sure everyone 100% satisfied 100 %of times.
Free food.
Pros
job security, fun and fast paced.
Cons
over fifty hour work week. no balance between work and like.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
This was a great place to work and start my career as a server. we also did room service for the hotel so it was great getting to step out of the restaurant for a few minutes
Very low hours, usually rude managment. NO raises
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONAugust 20, 2014
Don't follow head office rules and regulations. No PPE, food stored too long, improper food handling practices. Never a pay raise, treated like mules. Oh most enjoyable part of the job was GOING HOME AT THE END OF SHIFT!
fun productive workplace to be in
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  terrace bcJuly 10, 2014
day starts with morning or mid day prep, weighing proper portions for the day depending on time of shift. management is always friendly and full of energy.They are always busy with helping staff where needed and asking guests how there visit was.
Co-workers are always on top of their game in the fast paced environment cooking the bills to order with a smile.
the hardest part of the job i have to say was the night shift.If there wasn't steady cooking,you'd have to keep busy cleaning to not get sleepy
the most enjoyable part was the co-workers,everybody gets along like we were friends since grade school.
Pros
half price food while working, and sometimes free
Cons
split shifts or sent home early because of not enough customers
Good Place To Work Due To Employees
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 7, 2015
The Denny's restaurant I worked at was a consistently busy location. I worked with an excellent, positive staff that was among, if not the, best I've ever been a part of. As far as resiliency, unity and support every member down to the management was terrific. The location was well kept and was properly organized to make efficient and timely work possible.
Pros
positive environment, complimentary meals
Dishwasher for utensils and dishes and Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 17, 2015
I cooked food for guests and washed the dishes and utensils. I also unloaded the truck and placed the food in the freezer and refrigerator.