Denny's Employee Reviews in Canada

Wicked work environment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Headingley, MBAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work is like any other serving position you can think of with an added bonus of great laughs and even better stories.

I learned a great deal about how fun it can be to interact with the public along with attempting new ways to chat with customers.

Management at Denny's is great and very understanding.

Co-workers were hilarious and super easy to work with and around.

Hardest part of the job was getting swamped with tables and dealing with patrons that were upset. Even that was easier once my experience with customers improved.

The most enjoyable part was the team-work and the perks of eating food at work was not too bad!
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
Angry customers
Dishwasher for utensils and dishes and Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 17, 2015
I cooked food for guests and washed the dishes and utensils. I also unloaded the truck and placed the food in the freezer and refrigerator.
Not a very prodcutive work place
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB.August 12, 2015
-poor quality managment
-poor salary
-no room for advancement
-poor hours and work life balance
-poor quality of staff
-no apprecaiton of staff
-toxic work enviornment
Fun place to work
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2015
Management and my coworkers were always really friendly and funny. Being at work was always a good time. Denny's taught me a lot about customer service.
slack\fun
dishwasher/host (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCJuly 7, 2015
it was a slack job management was pretty bad was dirty half of the time but it was a fun job grate people to meet and good work
skills
Hostess Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJuly 6, 2015
gained skills and experience from working with this employer as a hostess by greeting and ensuring a great work and sanitary working environment. Also took drink orders and cleaned and maintain great work environment.
customers and coworkers were wonderful. managing was horrific.
Dishwasher/Cook/Host (Former Employee) –  2325 ottawa stJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle endeavours with customers. A typical day at work i welcomed, greeted and sat guests, as well as cleaned menus tables and helped roll cutlery. The job was fun but the manager was not suited to run the place which resulted in bankruptcy two months into the job. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning when i was in the kitchen for two weeks and the heat was unbearable. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different people.
Pros
free food
Cons
40 hours a week
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. I have learnt alot of useful skills and management experience. This is very beneficial to upgrade myself and my skills.
So So place to work but pleaent staff
Dishwasher and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  2452 Queen Street E. Brampton ONJune 17, 2015
I had the late shift from midnight to 9 am and later if I had to put away food and supplies. I learned to properly set up a freezer and cold room to make it easy for the cooks and servers to access How to plan and prepare some of Denny"s Grand Slam meals.
Management was not the greatest to that end the Restaurant went into Bankruptcy and nobody was warned. The store was seized by the bailiff with an sign on the door and the place locked.
The co-workers on whole where great and backed each other up.
The hardest part of the job was using the dish washing equipment so out of date and service it required that I had to do a clothes wash each day even when wearing protective gear.
Enjoyable part of the work was the staff personal .
Pros
Easy acces from home and to transporation
Cons
Lack of vacation time based on time employed
productive, fast paced environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2015
Productive, fast paced environment. Good environment with great staff. Enjoyed my time working, customer greeting and system used was easy to handle.
Working at dennys is amazing the enviorment and the people are great
Hostes (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
a typical day at work consist of seating people taking payments having good laughs with fellow employees. ive learned a lot at dennys ive become more out spoken and find it a lot easier to talk to people. the management is great I really do like all my managers. my co-workers are all amazing as well. the hardest part of my job I don't really have one even when it gets busy nothing is every to hard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough hours
Travelling
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BCJune 6, 2015
over all i like my job at dennys
i just look for extra money which will be great support to my family
co worker are excellent to work with them
A good restaurant to gain serving experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of clearing tables before shift start and making sure each table is stocked with sugars/jams. Then I proceed to each new table and take their drink/food order. Once the customer(s) leave, the table is cleared.
stressful and productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, BCMay 31, 2015
A typical day at dennys can be a bit stressful, attitudes fly from co-workers and managers. I find that there is to much micro managing in the Dennys company. But I do enjoy working there with others as well. I have learned only that Dennys is a very busy resturant compared to others on weekends.
Pros
Non
Cons
Stress levels, not enough hours, late night hours
the work place is great but the management sucks. store that has full of drama
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 24, 2015
i love my job, i love what i am doing. the people around me are friendly but full of drama its a love and hate kind of thing. everyday is a learning process that you deal most of the management empty promises. but as long as i see my customers happy everything is worth a sweat. that makes it a bitter sweet.
Pros
day off if you need to
Cons
make you take a day off if they don't need you
dennys
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
Didn't like it wasn't respected ect
and just wasn't my field in jobs to work at.

I did like working with the co workers tho just
managers not so much except one manager
was nice and i ended up quitting as i was taking
a two hour bus ride and they only gave me 3 days
a week and short shifts just wasn't worth it.
Pros
paid you on time
Cons
just some of the managers there were mean
KFC 100 MILE BC
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 13, 2015
This was my very first job!!
It was amazing and I worked there for 3.5 years!
I loved the entire experience!
Started with cashier and ended up know cooking chicken as well as the middle which was making and preparing food, fries, etc..
I would love more than anything to be able to enjoy this kind of work again.
Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
This was a great place to work and start my career as a server. we also did room service for the hotel so it was great getting to step out of the restaurant for a few minutes
Great atmosphere and lovely people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONTApril 26, 2015
I honestly loved Denny's. I loved the food, the people and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
-When I was working at Denny's, I've learned about it's all about what the customer wants and what the customer needs.
-Management was good, treated me well, thought about my hours and daily schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was being liked by everyone; some people were hateful as I was the 'new girl' and others were more understanding.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working at a food industry that made me happy and paid me right on time.
Pros
Good food, Surrounded by warm people
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice place and everyone is really nice
COOK (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 23, 2015
In Denny's Restaurant when I first went their everyone helped me with the work that I was assigned. I think if I did something wrong they always given me another chance. Managers over their are kind if we need their help they are always their.

2.9