Denny's Employee Reviews in Canada

good food
clean.
very family orientated
great hours and flexability
Managers were respectful and honest
staff were almost like family to eachother
good place to make wonderful friends.
Pros
free food
Cons
empty promises
Excellent place to work
Certified Trainer / Senior Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 17, 2016
I worked before with the same company and at present i am working too. It has been an excellent journey so far with this comapny and so on for future.
Pros
Free Meal, Hourly Tips and Opportunity to upgrade
Cons
N/A
Denny's Work Experience
Hostess, Expediter and Server (Former Employee) –  South Keys, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Denny's is a family orientated restaurant that ran 24/7 364 days a year. Although a diner experience, the Dennys family is what made the job experience such a joy and a life long memory. The management staff was not only considerate but accommodating to schedule flexibility.

Every day, I learned something new from customers, regulars and those passing by before leaving to venture into another part of the world. I was tested to serve all ages from infants to the elderly, which requires understanding different age groups and needs.

The most challenging aspect of the job were days that required the most mental and physical demand such as Sunday Mornings or a single server for overnights.

After 22 years of Denny's Service, the restaurant is now closed. I know that those who have become part of the Denny's family aswell, can relate to the countless smiles, laughs, sweat ad hard workers.
It is a sad ending, but a start to something more beautiful. As it is said "One door closes so another may open."
Good time with co-wrkers
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
Enjoyed my stay with the company and co-managers.
great work place but with long hours and pen 24/7. so very little time for family.
Pros
free food
Cons
10 hour shift
lack of happiness at work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 22, 2015
work at denny's hasnt been easy, having to deal with teenaged dishwashers who tends to ignore and do things thier own way and tends to be slow during busy hours.
alot of servers, line cooks and dishwashers has been quitting work and goes somewhere else. Not enough hours given to everyone. I plan to leave once I find other job elsewhere.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
neglecting to clean things up such as walls and floors, garbages outside needs to be picked up
boring
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBApril 29, 2016
wasn't a fun place to work. To strict with what was allowed. Hardest part of the job was not being able to relax enough to have fun with co workers
Great staff members fun to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 13, 2016
A very busy restaurant, fast paced, well organized, opened 24 hours. the training systems and menu rollouts again where well organized.
Pros
fun work enviornment
Cons
supposed to be a four manager team, only me for long time.
Good for beginners that are managing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 15, 2016
Long Hours
Good to learn the basics
Great team to work with
Limited options to learn as a manager
Late night shifts are long and hard on the weekends
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Long Hours
Dennys
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 15, 2016
Everyone in the world is required to work at Denny at-least once in their life. its pretty awesome..
Good job for student
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Flexible hours for a student and a good first time job. It's a good customer service experience and stepping stone into the customer service industry.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not easy for advancement
Fun place to work
supervisor manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Typical restaurant sever experience. Good ownership and loyal co-workers made it a great place to work. Long hours often interfered with my home life but the pay was very good.
Pros
Great money and fast paced
Cons
work/life balane was not good
Not a very good place financially
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2015
Most of the staff get along but there are plenty of times during the busy hours where the pleasantness definitely fades away. You get one free meal if you work in the kitchen on the line but because of management being too lazy for so long people take advantage of it.
Pros
Free meals for cooks
Cons
No Raises
Wicked work environment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Headingley, MBAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work is like any other serving position you can think of with an added bonus of great laughs and even better stories.

I learned a great deal about how fun it can be to interact with the public along with attempting new ways to chat with customers.

Management at Denny's is great and very understanding.

Co-workers were hilarious and super easy to work with and around.

Hardest part of the job was getting swamped with tables and dealing with patrons that were upset. Even that was easier once my experience with customers improved.

The most enjoyable part was the team-work and the perks of eating food at work was not too bad!
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
Angry customers
Denny's
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 6, 2015
I learned a lot about the food service industry. My training was top notch. I was hired before the grand opening, I received extensive train by great leaders within the Denny's corporation. I was trained to promote new menu items as well as suggest products to enhance meals and over all guest satisfaction. I enjoy working with the public and giving great customer service.
Pros
Flexible hours
demanding working environment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 28, 2015
Not open with my availabilities
co-workers are nice
management are not easy to talk to
fast paced working environment
Not a place to build a career
Overall Good
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 9, 2015
Good employer, approachable.
Work was very busy, fair with number of tables and rotation of tables.
Staff were supportive
Strong sanitation ethics, lots of regular deep cleaning
Learned a lot about restaurant business
Had an opportunity to even manage overnights at times.
customers and coworkers were wonderful. managing was horrific.
Dishwasher/Cook/Host (Former Employee) –  2325 ottawa stJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle endeavours with customers. A typical day at work i welcomed, greeted and sat guests, as well as cleaned menus tables and helped roll cutlery. The job was fun but the manager was not suited to run the place which resulted in bankruptcy two months into the job. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning when i was in the kitchen for two weeks and the heat was unbearable. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different people.
Pros
free food
Cons
40 hours a week
Best place to work
food service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Dennys is one of the popular fast food Restaurant in Canada and US. Being part of this company i got a chance to develop my management skills.
Friendly Atmosphere
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2015
great teamwork skills learned, gained cash experience and balancing daily receipts...the schedule during the day was hectic and kept the day going by fast...met people which I enjoy doing.
Working at dennys is amazing the enviorment and the people are great
Hostes (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
a typical day at work consist of seating people taking payments having good laughs with fellow employees. ive learned a lot at dennys ive become more out spoken and find it a lot easier to talk to people. the management is great I really do like all my managers. my co-workers are all amazing as well. the hardest part of my job I don't really have one even when it gets busy nothing is every to hard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough hours

2.9