Denny's Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
supervisor manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Typical restaurant sever experience. Good ownership and loyal co-workers made it a great place to work. Long hours often interfered with my home life but the pay was very good.
Pros
Great money and fast paced
Cons
work/life balane was not good
Best place to work
food service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Dennys is one of the popular fast food Restaurant in Canada and US. Being part of this company i got a chance to develop my management skills.
lack of happiness at work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 22, 2015
work at denny's hasnt been easy, having to deal with teenaged dishwashers who tends to ignore and do things thier own way and tends to be slow during busy hours.
alot of servers, line cooks and dishwashers has been quitting work and goes somewhere else. Not enough hours given to everyone. I plan to leave once I find other job elsewhere.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
neglecting to clean things up such as walls and floors, garbages outside needs to be picked up
Friendly Atmosphere
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2015
great teamwork skills learned, gained cash experience and balancing daily receipts...the schedule during the day was hectic and kept the day going by fast...met people which I enjoy doing.
Place for hardwork
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2015
A good place to work, there is a oppoutunity to advancement in career, but salary and benefits are very low , when compare to the current market.
Not a very good place financially
Line Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2015
Most of the staff get along but there are plenty of times during the busy hours where the pleasantness definitely fades away. You get one free meal if you work in the kitchen on the line but because of management being too lazy for so long people take advantage of it.
Pros
Free meals for cooks
Cons
No Raises
nice place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2015
this is an island basically tourist place,everyday you have different people to serve,talk them,people are coming from around the world
Overall Good
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 9, 2015
Good employer, approachable.
Work was very busy, fair with number of tables and rotation of tables.
Staff were supportive
Strong sanitation ethics, lots of regular deep cleaning
Learned a lot about restaurant business
Had an opportunity to even manage overnights at times.
Denny's
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 6, 2015
I learned a lot about the food service industry. My training was top notch. I was hired before the grand opening, I received extensive train by great leaders within the Denny's corporation. I was trained to promote new menu items as well as suggest products to enhance meals and over all guest satisfaction. I enjoy working with the public and giving great customer service.
Pros
Flexible hours
Wicked work environment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Headingley, MBAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work is like any other serving position you can think of with an added bonus of great laughs and even better stories.

I learned a great deal about how fun it can be to interact with the public along with attempting new ways to chat with customers.

Management at Denny's is great and very understanding.

Co-workers were hilarious and super easy to work with and around.

Hardest part of the job was getting swamped with tables and dealing with patrons that were upset. Even that was easier once my experience with customers improved.

The most enjoyable part was the team-work and the perks of eating food at work was not too bad!
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
Angry customers
Dishwasher for utensils and dishes and Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 17, 2015
I cooked food for guests and washed the dishes and utensils. I also unloaded the truck and placed the food in the freezer and refrigerator.
Not a very prodcutive work place
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB.August 12, 2015
-poor quality managment
-poor salary
-no room for advancement
-poor hours and work life balance
-poor quality of staff
-no apprecaiton of staff
-toxic work enviornment
Fun place to work
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2015
Management and my coworkers were always really friendly and funny. Being at work was always a good time. Denny's taught me a lot about customer service.
slack\fun
dishwasher/host (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCJuly 7, 2015
it was a slack job management was pretty bad was dirty half of the time but it was a fun job grate people to meet and good work
skills
Hostess Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCJuly 6, 2015
gained skills and experience from working with this employer as a hostess by greeting and ensuring a great work and sanitary working environment. Also took drink orders and cleaned and maintain great work environment.
customers and coworkers were wonderful. managing was horrific.
Dishwasher/Cook/Host (Former Employee) –  2325 ottawa stJuly 4, 2015
I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle endeavours with customers. A typical day at work i welcomed, greeted and sat guests, as well as cleaned menus tables and helped roll cutlery. The job was fun but the manager was not suited to run the place which resulted in bankruptcy two months into the job. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning when i was in the kitchen for two weeks and the heat was unbearable. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different people.
Pros
free food
Cons
40 hours a week
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. I have learnt alot of useful skills and management experience. This is very beneficial to upgrade myself and my skills.
So So place to work but pleaent staff
Dishwasher and store maintenance (Former Employee) –  2452 Queen Street E. Brampton ONJune 17, 2015
I had the late shift from midnight to 9 am and later if I had to put away food and supplies. I learned to properly set up a freezer and cold room to make it easy for the cooks and servers to access How to plan and prepare some of Denny"s Grand Slam meals.
Management was not the greatest to that end the Restaurant went into Bankruptcy and nobody was warned. The store was seized by the bailiff with an sign on the door and the place locked.
The co-workers on whole where great and backed each other up.
The hardest part of the job was using the dish washing equipment so out of date and service it required that I had to do a clothes wash each day even when wearing protective gear.
Enjoyable part of the work was the staff personal .
Pros
Easy acces from home and to transporation
Cons
Lack of vacation time based on time employed
productive, fast paced environment.
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 16, 2015
Productive, fast paced environment. Good environment with great staff. Enjoyed my time working, customer greeting and system used was easy to handle.
Working at dennys is amazing the enviorment and the people are great
Hostes (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
a typical day at work consist of seating people taking payments having good laughs with fellow employees. ive learned a lot at dennys ive become more out spoken and find it a lot easier to talk to people. the management is great I really do like all my managers. my co-workers are all amazing as well. the hardest part of my job I don't really have one even when it gets busy nothing is every to hard.
Pros
Free food
Cons
not enough hours