Denny's Employee Reviews

Fun, family restaurant
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 March 2017
Lots of guest interaction, even as a host, never a shortage of odd jobs or duties to perform. You can gain experience running food and drinks, and busing.
A place to start out in
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
It is a good place to startat but if making g a career then one has to be able to handle every and all kinds of characters at any time day or night...
Fun place to work
Dishwasher and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 March 2017
They were very willing to employ me and give extra shifts when needed, as well as being completely flexible with my second job as a housekeeper in the mornings. I learned how to be a hostess, one of the few jobs in the service industry I hadn't ever held. Typical day at work was very upbeat and fast-paced, especially during the dinner rush. Started at 4pm and normally finished my shift around 1am. Most enjoyable part of the job was my clients and coworkers, everyone was very friendly and got along very well and we very rarely had any issues or complaints.
Horrible Boss
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
He was condensing, and creepy. He hired the girls off looks (mentioned it many times), would talk to teenage girls about their s*x lives. He would touch them inappropriately.
A good place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 March 2017
A good place to work,, wonderful co-workers and regular peoplewhich is the best part of the job..over all like my job,,, hardest part is late night bar rush..
challenging, not friendly
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2017
It was a fun time and interesting working at dennys. Good place to work, if one wanna make some extra cash. Managers are understanding and accommodate according to your schedule
Great Place to Work
Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2017
I really enjoy working at Denny's as a cook. Everyone works as a team, management is excellent, scheduling is perfect for my lifestyle and the training is really good. In the beginning the training can be intense and overwhelming because it is a lot to learn. It does get easier with each shift and my co-workers are really understanding and helpful. Denny's is a very organised place to work and that makes me feel secure in my job duties as I know exactly what I need to do for my shift. I find as long as I carry my weight, try my best and have a good attitude everything runs smoothly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the orders and keeping the customers happy with wait times especially on the weekends as Denny's is a very popular place to eat. Overall I really like working here and work well with my co-workers and managers.
Pros
one free meal per shift for cooks, good managment, great co-workers
Cons
Weekends are very busy
Definetely a fun workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Headingley, MB19 February 2017
A typical day at work is usually steady with constant customers coming in for food.

I definitely learned to gain lots of patience working here.
Pros
If you did over $1, 000 in sales, you get a free meal.
Cons
If it is too busy, sometimes you don't get a break. Also, getting hours cut when you need money.
good starting job
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
this was my first job at 14 years old. it was good for the time being, to get some extra cash and see how the restraint business ran. It was enjoyable at the time, just clearing and cleaning the dishes a couple times a week.
excelent food, and service
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Addison, ON25 January 2017
I like this company, and the people working there because it is a internationals, they accepted me at the same day at my interview. and I was the only women cook. I love Denny's,
Pros
good people, good oportunities
Very professional and well paced enviroment, great co-workers and mangers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 January 2017
Every work day was always a new learning experience, and also a joy to work because of the family environment. I learned cash handling, debit machine usage, cash register usage, hostess position and duties, as well as some serving qualifications. The management was very professional and I could really connect with them, as well as being able to learn so much from the management, as the training was very well taught and enforced. I loved going to work because of the other staff, they were like a second family, and the environment, although fast paced(which I loved) was always happy, and very well organized. The most difficult part of my roll at Denny's was dealing with complaints, because that's one field I which I didn't have much experience with the problems that could be brought up in normal work day. The most enjoyable part about working at Denny's was working with people 24/7, and having great co-workers to work with.
Pros
In an eight hour day, one 30 minute lunch and to 10 minute breaks
Productive and fun place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 January 2017
Great employees, good hours, enjoyable management, understanding, fast paced environment (makes the day go by) my first job and I definitely enjoyed it. Great place to work!
Pros
discount
Cons
night shifts 3-11
great place to work with a breakfast menu
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy a wide selection of menu items starting fro breakfast to dinner. Clean work areas and nice people.
Highly productive and fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 December 2016
Exciting place to be at, highly challenging but the organizational culture is good. I learned how to multitask a lot. Hardest part of the job is completing several tasks in a short period of time
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Lack of working houes
Fun work place, friendly atmosphere,wonderful peopl to work with
Cook (Current Employee) –  On deleware1 December 2016
I have been here for 3 years now and love the environment and the people that work here are friendly and family oriented. It's a fast pace restaurant but once you get the hang of things its smooth sailing. very hot in the summer very cold in the winter but overall nice place to bring your family.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Cooking when its hot outside
Fun place to work
Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
Fast pace, long hours, high demand for service and quality production.
Nice people.
Management listen to the employees, and took discipline seriously.
Pros
Reduce food price, fun place to work
Cons
Long hours. Slippery floors from washer duties.
mediocre
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 November 2016
at times i worked a whole shift alone, or occasionally 13 hour shifts, i would constantly have to cover shifts for others as many employees would up and quit or call in sick on a regular basis,
Pros
free meals
Cons
unreliable staff, long hours
Ok place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A typical day at work varied from day to day and shift to shift. Alot of the time there were to many servers scheduled, which made it hard to work a full scheduled shift. For the most part I worked well with my managment team. The best part of working for Denny's is working with all of my co-workers, I have had a chance to work with some amazing people.
very non appreciative company
Food Service Supervisor - Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 November 2016
the company has minimal to no scope for growth. no body cares about an employee's hard-work. just, but if you're a whiner than only you have a scope for raise. no matter how much of a non performer you might be
Pros
they don't get rid of slackers easily, so a lot of people feel secure
Cons
no appreciation, no appraisals, no HR discipline
Fast-paced environment & Rewarding
WAITRESS/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary26 October 2016
A typical day would normally start for me at 8am and is on-going until 3-4pm. Our location runs at a very fast-paced environment where there is little room for error. We are constantly on our feet and moving around to take orders, greet customers, deliver food, and manage payments. The people that I work with make the job, I enjoy every staff member that is alongside me helping us all work as a team to get the job done. At the end of the day I am relieved, and enjoy leaving the job. Without the help of my supportive co-workers, this restaurant would not be the busiest location in all of Canada. Not one day that goes by do we allow any of our staff to give up or crash. We have each others back no matter what the situation is.
Pros
Fast-paced, regular customers, family enviroment
Cons
Long hours, few to no breaks, fast-paced, complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9