Denny's Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Training provided and growth if you work to your full potential. Customer service is taken serious here and customer service needs to be an A plus as our customers are our number one at Denny's

I appreciated how clean this work place was and how standards were followed and enforced. All about team work here. Also loved my boss here she was funny but serious when it came to work. She has a great vibe for working with people
Pros
Fast paces, busy, tips, training
Cons
Fast paces, open 24 hours
Fun work place, friendly atmosphere,wonderful peopl to work with
Cook (Current Employee) –  On deleware1 December 2016
I have been here for 3 years now and love the environment and the people that work here are friendly and family oriented. It's a fast pace restaurant but once you get the hang of things its smooth sailing. very hot in the summer very cold in the winter but overall nice place to bring your family.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Cooking when its hot outside
Fast-paced environment & Rewarding
WAITRESS/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary26 October 2016
A typical day would normally start for me at 8am and is on-going until 3-4pm. Our location runs at a very fast-paced environment where there is little room for error. We are constantly on our feet and moving around to take orders, greet customers, deliver food, and manage payments. The people that I work with make the job, I enjoy every staff member that is alongside me helping us all work as a team to get the job done. At the end of the day I am relieved, and enjoy leaving the job. Without the help of my supportive co-workers, this restaurant would not be the busiest location in all of Canada. Not one day that goes by do we allow any of our staff to give up or crash. We have each others back no matter what the situation is.
Pros
Fast-paced, regular customers, family enviroment
Cons
Long hours, few to no breaks, fast-paced, complaints
very non appreciative company
Food Service Supervisor - Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 November 2016
the company has minimal to no scope for growth. no body cares about an employee's hard-work. just, but if you're a whiner than only you have a scope for raise. no matter how much of a non performer you might be
Pros
they don't get rid of slackers easily, so a lot of people feel secure
Cons
no appreciation, no appraisals, no HR discipline
Ok place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
A typical day at work varied from day to day and shift to shift. Alot of the time there were to many servers scheduled, which made it hard to work a full scheduled shift. For the most part I worked well with my managment team. The best part of working for Denny's is working with all of my co-workers, I have had a chance to work with some amazing people.
Working at Denny's
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
Working at Denny's was pretty entertaining, I got along with almost everyone and the managers were all pretty nice people. There was always something to do at work and most of the time it was fun because you got to work with friends. Being there helped me learn how to better deal with people in general.

You gain a certain amount of understanding and compassion in working a customer service job, and most people will not understand unless they themselves have had a job in the field. You start to understand why you have to be patient from time to time, and you will start to put yourself in the other persons shoes.

All in all I believe that working at Denny's made me a better person in the end.
Pros
Good Co-Workers and Food Discounts!
Cons
Some customers will try to tear you down, if you are too slow etc.
do not work at denny's
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2016
at denny's their priority is save money, that means they will not want to pay too much.

no fixed schedule means you will have to be super flexible so they can arrange you to work weekends and holidays

they never close for holidays and you will be expected to work crazy busy on holidays like xmas and new years eve

they dont offer benefits and dont have regular raises and they dont treat everyone fair

save yourself some time and dont even waste your time applying there.
High Volume working experience
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
Working at Denny's was a very exciting experience because I would meet a lot of different people and serve them their breakfast, lunch or dinner whenever they liked. It is a 24/hour diner and I enjoyed that the most. I got to use my customer service skills while also handling food serving and drinks as well as taking cash, visa or debit transactions. It was a very fast paced Job that I learned a lot from.
it was a great experience to work in the fast food chain i learned a lot and hope i can use some of those skills
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB14 June 2016
although i learned a lot working in the fast food chain taught me something no matter how hard you work you do it to prove to yourself not to anyone above or below you, a lot of your hard work will go un-noticed.
Pros
free lunches and drinks
Cons
not everyone pulls their own weight and sometimes you have to pick up what they left.
Overall it was a good experience
Certified Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2016
start your day by checking if there are new additions to the menu or new standards that have been in placed.
Shift exchange check over the previous server/host side work make sure everything is completed before they leave.
Management gets switched around very often don't get too comfortable/close kinda pointless you will get some that are very nice and laid back and some that are very strict. Continuously changing things around in the restaurant to how they like it.
Lots of drama between the servers and making sure everyone completed their job before they left./
come in with a positive vibe and you shall leave with one.
Pros
50% off lunch and 20% off come in on free time
Cons
no consistent day off nor are your hours consistent
Fun place to work
Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
Fast pace, long hours, high demand for service and quality production.
Nice people.
Management listen to the employees, and took discipline seriously.
Pros
Reduce food price, fun place to work
Cons
Long hours. Slippery floors from washer duties.
productive but frustrating work situation
Server (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC13 September 2016
it is a great job but one of the owners is frustrating and confusing with low communication skills low pay high expectations and a boss that spends more time talking then working and blames workers for everything that goes wrong
Productive and fun working at this place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
The best American chain restaurant you can work for in regards to work ethics, concept and benefits made available for the employees. Great training exposure before you can get on board. Simply outstanding Company.
mediocre
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 November 2016
at times i worked a whole shift alone, or occasionally 13 hour shifts, i would constantly have to cover shifts for others as many employees would up and quit or call in sick on a regular basis,
Pros
free meals
Cons
unreliable staff, long hours
Really fun work place with great co-workers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2016
Well a typical day at work was making sure all my stations are clean and restocked before my shift. I also learned lots in a couple months of training and the hardest part of my job was keeping up with the orders when there was only me and one other cook in the kitchen.
dish washer/ cooks helper
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 October 2016
I liked this job I was learning to do prep work and enjoyed working with the staff.While bending over I injury my back. I was off for approximately two weeks. had a doctors note never called back
excellent place to work
Host/waitress (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2016
enjoyed the family atmosphere and friendly people and serving the families young or old . the staff was amazing and enjoyed the friendly managers and most of all understanding and flexable
A place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
It's a nice starting place if you have no where else to go. Working at Denny's you can are given the opportunity to learn new skills that might become useful to you in your future goals. With that being said, management usually hires their friends first and qualified individuals second. So don't expect to have any issues or complaints taken seriously that you might have against specific co-workers.
Pros
get money and work experiance
Cons
crummy people work there who don't know what they're doing
Communication
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 September 2016
This job was a good job and was very useful being being a student. Only problem was communication between staff and management. Classic game of telephone and things said would be twisted.
a great place to work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 April 2016
The management was great and knew how to treat their employees they thought you many things. my co workers were all outgoing and fun loving people we had a few laughs the hardest part of the job had to be being contently taking care of one table when you had so many others to get to, the most enjoyable part is getting to put a smile on everyone's faces every time they sat down in my tables

2.9