Denny's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice environment
Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: free food
Cons: empty promises
great environment
great staff
good food
clean.
very family orientated
great hours and flexability
Managers were respectful and honest
staff were almost like family to eachother
good place to make wonderful friends.
Good experience for a first time job
Hostess - Duties (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at Denny's, usually clock in, greet customers, answer the phone for take out orders or directions for customers. Always kept the restaurant clean by busing tables and cleaning the restrooms or dinning floor. The hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient customers but knowing that you have a keep a leveled head and be respectful to and patient with a customer. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, and learning new things from my fellow co-workers.
Good job for student
Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Not easy for advancement
Flexible hours for a student and a good first time job. It's a good customer service experience and stepping stone into the customer service industry.
Great staff members fun to work with.
Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: fun work enviornment
Cons: supposed to be a four manager team, only me for long time.
A very busy restaurant, fast paced, well organized, opened 24 hours. the training systems and menu rollouts again where well organized.
demanding working environment
Host/Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 28, 2015
Not open with my availabilities
co-workers are nice
management are not easy to talk to
fast paced working environment
Not a place to build a career
Fun place to work
supervisor manager (Former Employee), OntarioNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Great money and fast paced
Cons: work/life balane was not good
Typical restaurant sever experience. Good ownership and loyal co-workers made it a great place to work. Long hours often interfered with my home life but the pay was very good.
lack of happiness at work
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: neglecting to clean things up such as walls and floors, garbages outside needs to be picked up
work at denny's hasnt been easy, having to deal with teenaged dishwashers who tends to ignore and do things thier own way and tends to be slow during busy hours.
alot of servers, line cooks and dishwashers has been quitting work and goes somewhere else. Not enough hours given to everyone. I plan to leave once I find other job elsewhere.
Friendly Atmosphere
Hostess (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 15, 2015
great teamwork skills learned, gained cash experience and balancing daily receipts...the schedule during the day was hectic and kept the day going by fast...met people which I enjoy doing.
Place for hardwork
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2015
A good place to work, there is a oppoutunity to advancement in career, but salary and benefits are very low , when compare to the current market.
nice place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2015
this is an island basically tourist place,everyday you have different people to serve,talk them,people are coming from around the world
Overall Good
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 9, 2015
Good employer, approachable.
Work was very busy, fair with number of tables and rotation of tables.
Staff were supportive
Strong sanitation ethics, lots of regular deep cleaning
Learned a lot about restaurant business
Had an opportunity to even manage overnights at times.
Denny's
Server (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
I learned a lot about the food service industry. My training was top notch. I was hired before the grand opening, I received extensive train by great leaders within the Denny's corporation. I was trained to promote new menu items as well as suggest products to enhance meals and over all guest satisfaction. I enjoy working with the public and giving great customer service.
Dishwasher for utensils and dishes and Cook (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 17, 2015
I cooked food for guests and washed the dishes and utensils. I also unloaded the truck and placed the food in the freezer and refrigerator.
Not a very prodcutive work place
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AB.August 12, 2015
-poor quality managment
-poor salary
-no room for advancement
-poor hours and work life balance
-poor quality of staff
-no apprecaiton of staff
-toxic work enviornment
Fun place to work
Server/Host (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2015
Management and my coworkers were always really friendly and funny. Being at work was always a good time. Denny's taught me a lot about customer service.
skills
Hostess Responsibilities (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCJuly 6, 2015
gained skills and experience from working with this employer as a hostess by greeting and ensuring a great work and sanitary working environment. Also took drink orders and cleaned and maintain great work environment.
customers and coworkers were wonderful. managing was horrific.
Dishwasher/Cook/Host (Former Employee), 2325 ottawa stJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: 40 hours a week
I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle endeavours with customers. A typical day at work i welcomed, greeted and sat guests, as well as cleaned menus tables and helped roll cutlery. The job was fun but the manager was not suited to run the place which resulted in bankruptcy two months into the job. Hardest part of the job was at the beginning when i was in the kitchen for two weeks and the heat was unbearable. The most enjoyable part was interacting with so many different people.
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. I have learnt alot of useful skills and management experience. This is very beneficial to upgrade myself and my skills.
So So place to work but pleaent staff
Dishwasher and store maintenance (Former Employee), 2452 Queen Street E. Brampton ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Easy acces from home and to transporation
Cons: Lack of vacation time based on time employed
I had the late shift from midnight to 9 am and later if I had to put away food and supplies. I learned to properly set up a freezer and cold room to make it easy for the cooks and servers to access How to plan and prepare some of Denny"s Grand Slam meals.
Management was not the greatest to that end the Restaurant went into Bankruptcy and nobody was warned. The store was seized by the bailiff with an sign on the door and the place locked.
The co-workers on whole where great and backed each other up.
The hardest part of the job was using the dish washing equipment so out of date and service it required that I had to do a clothes wash each day even when wearing protective gear.
Enjoyable part of the work was the staff personal .
A good restaurant to gain serving experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of clearing tables before shift start and making sure each table is stocked with sugars/jams. Then I proceed to each new table and take their drink/food order. Once the customer(s) leave, the table is cleared.
Links