Denny's Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Host's (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 19, 2016
My job would usually involve seating and greeting customers. I liked the people I worked with and everyone was treated like family no matter who we were.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
min. wage
productive but frustrating work situation
Server (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCSeptember 13, 2016
it is a great job but one of the owners is frustrating and confusing with low communication skills low pay high expectations and a boss that spends more time talking then working and blames workers for everything that goes wrong
Communication
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 10, 2016
This job was a good job and was very useful being being a student. Only problem was communication between staff and management. Classic game of telephone and things said would be twisted.
Excellent
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABSeptember 6, 2016
Poor management. Excellent opportunity as well as atmosphere and co-workers I felt comfortable with my pay and position.
Productive and fun working at this place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2016
The best American chain restaurant you can work for in regards to work ethics, concept and benefits made available for the employees. Great training exposure before you can get on board. Simply outstanding Company.
excellent place to work
Host/waitress (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2016
enjoyed the family atmosphere and friendly people and serving the families young or old . the staff was amazing and enjoyed the friendly managers and most of all understanding and flexable
Nice
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 23, 2016
All co workers were extremely friendly and outgoing. Had a great time working there overall other then the graveyard shifts. Management was very nice and friendly.
Pros
free meals
Working at Denny's
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2016
Working at Denny's was pretty entertaining, I got along with almost everyone and the managers were all pretty nice people. There was always something to do at work and most of the time it was fun because you got to work with friends. Being there helped me learn how to better deal with people in general.

You gain a certain amount of understanding and compassion in working a customer service job, and most people will not understand unless they themselves have had a job in the field. You start to understand why you have to be patient from time to time, and you will start to put yourself in the other persons shoes.

All in all I believe that working at Denny's made me a better person in the end.
Pros
Good Co-Workers and Food Discounts!
Cons
Some customers will try to tear you down, if you are too slow etc.
first job
Hostess/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 4, 2016
The people I worked with were awesome! I met all types of people because it was in the tourist attraction area, it was a fun job for being my very first employment
Really fun work place with great co-workers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 8, 2016
Well a typical day at work was making sure all my stations are clean and restocked before my shift. I also learned lots in a couple months of training and the hardest part of my job was keeping up with the orders when there was only me and one other cook in the kitchen.
do not work at denny's
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 23, 2016
at denny's their priority is save money, that means they will not want to pay too much.

no fixed schedule means you will have to be super flexible so they can arrange you to work weekends and holidays

they never close for holidays and you will be expected to work crazy busy on holidays like xmas and new years eve

they dont offer benefits and dont have regular raises and they dont treat everyone fair

save yourself some time and dont even waste your time applying there.
Relaxed environment, but some lazy supervisors/managers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 20, 2016
I followed more rules some times than the supervisors and managers did, the job was pretty relaxed, decent pay, okay hours, but they need to have more serious staff some times and be more proactive.
Work is worship
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2016
Busy day is always my typical day

not only learned but always learning also

Great job

Coworkers are sincere and hard workers

Not hardest nothing to impossible.

Every part of my job is enjoyable.
Pros
lunch
Cons
long hrs
Dennys
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 15, 2016
Everyone in the world is required to work at Denny at-least once in their life. its pretty awesome..
it was a great experience to work in the fast food chain i learned a lot and hope i can use some of those skills
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJune 14, 2016
although i learned a lot working in the fast food chain taught me something no matter how hard you work you do it to prove to yourself not to anyone above or below you, a lot of your hard work will go un-noticed.
Pros
free lunches and drinks
Cons
not everyone pulls their own weight and sometimes you have to pick up what they left.
High Volume working experience
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
Working at Denny's was a very exciting experience because I would meet a lot of different people and serve them their breakfast, lunch or dinner whenever they liked. It is a 24/hour diner and I enjoyed that the most. I got to use my customer service skills while also handling food serving and drinks as well as taking cash, visa or debit transactions. It was a very fast paced Job that I learned a lot from.
Overall it was a good experience
Certified Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2016
start your day by checking if there are new additions to the menu or new standards that have been in placed.
Shift exchange check over the previous server/host side work make sure everything is completed before they leave.
Management gets switched around very often don't get too comfortable/close kinda pointless you will get some that are very nice and laid back and some that are very strict. Continuously changing things around in the restaurant to how they like it.
Lots of drama between the servers and making sure everyone completed their job before they left./
come in with a positive vibe and you shall leave with one.
Pros
50% off lunch and 20% off come in on free time
Cons
no consistent day off nor are your hours consistent
Staff were fun to work with
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 26, 2016
It was an alright job. I dishwashed every day making minimum wage. Stuff were fun and enjoyable people to work with. Hours weren't bad either and they accomodated to what I could work.
i like making orders quickly
line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2016
I learned american cooking there specially pancakes and stakes, the management is good hardest part of my job is when they put me in night shifts
Pros
free meal
Cons
regular hours
Overall what you'd expect from a franchise
Line Cook, Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 18, 2016
Im looking for more advancement than they are able to provide. This is causing me to look for work outside the Northland company.
Pros
Most of the staff are excellent
Cons
I do not feel comfortable with putting the company down

2.9