Denny's

Denny's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABJune 17, 2015
Great place to work. I have learnt alot of useful skills and management experience. This is very beneficial to upgrade myself and my skills.
So So place to work but pleaent staff
Dishwasher and store maintenance (Former Employee), 2452 Queen Street E. Brampton ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Easy acces from home and to transporation
Cons: Lack of vacation time based on time employed
I had the late shift from midnight to 9 am and later if I had to put away food and supplies. I learned to properly set up a freezer and cold room to make it easy for the cooks and servers to access How to plan and prepare some of Denny"s Grand Slam meals.
Management was not the greatest to that end the Restaurant went into Bankruptcy and nobody was warned. The store was seized by the bailiff with an sign on the door and the place locked.
The co-workers on whole where great and backed each other up.
The hardest part of the job was using the dish washing equipment so out of date and service it required that I had to do a clothes wash each day even when wearing protective gear.
Enjoyable part of the work was the staff personal .
A good restaurant to gain serving experience.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of clearing tables before shift start and making sure each table is stocked with sugars/jams. Then I proceed to each new table and take their drink/food order. Once the customer(s) leave, the table is cleared.
the work place is great but the management sucks. store that has full of drama
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee), Langley, BCMay 24, 2015
Pros: day off if you need to
Cons: make you take a day off if they don't need you
i love my job, i love what i am doing. the people around me are friendly but full of drama its a love and hate kind of thing. everyday is a learning process that you deal most of the management empty promises. but as long as i see my customers happy everything is worth a sweat. that makes it a bitter sweet.
KFC 100 MILE BC
Waitress (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCMay 13, 2015
This was my very first job!!
It was amazing and I worked there for 3.5 years!
I loved the entire experience!
Started with cashier and ended up know cooking chicken as well as the middle which was making and preparing food, fries, etc..
I would love more than anything to be able to enjoy this kind of work again.
Server (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
This was a great place to work and start my career as a server. we also did room service for the hotel so it was great getting to step out of the restaurant for a few minutes
Great atmosphere and lovely people
Hostess (Former Employee), Whitby, ONTApril 26, 2015
Pros: Good food, Surrounded by warm people
Cons: Not enough hours
I honestly loved Denny's. I loved the food, the people and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
-When I was working at Denny's, I've learned about it's all about what the customer wants and what the customer needs.
-Management was good, treated me well, thought about my hours and daily schedule.
-The hardest part of the job was being liked by everyone; some people were hateful as I was the 'new girl' and others were more understanding.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working at a food industry that made me happy and paid me right on time.
In an area of few opportunities, this establishment provided work for many.
Server (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: 24 hour work place
Cons: little job security
Interesting people to serve on a daily basis with ongoing time constraints. How to satisfy the customer as quickly as possible was a constant challenge. An absentee management trend hurt the business after a ownership change. Being positive in a difficult work environment was the key to success. Seeing customers leave and return happy was the best part of the job.
Great opportunity
Volunteer (Former Employee), Terrace BCApril 11, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, good tips and free pop.
Cons: Pop free, food wasn't.
I met a lot of great people, and yeah like every restaurant, there will be some of those not so great people. Overall, it was a great experience!
24 Hour Restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 7, 2015
This is an alright place to work if your looking for steady hours throughout the year. The staff is very friendly. The midnight shift deals with a alot of impaired customers.
Diner
Server (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2015
A decent place to work for the summers, pay isn't too grand but the tips and the people are good. Management is excellent. Co-workers are a fun bunch.
amazing environment, positive workers & great atmosphere
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 50% off everything
Cons: not enough hours
My experience working at denny's was quite enjoyable, the employees got along perfectly and we all encouraged each other to keep things in control and clean. My managers respected everyone and was very organized.
productive, and good coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee), British ColumbiaMarch 1, 2015
I was trained as a hostess, my duties involved greeting and seating customers. I introduced their waitress to them and provided them with menus. I kept the area behind the counter clean, filled the ice tray, rolled silverware. I helped waitresses clean and clear tables as well as reset them. I also took payment from customers and helped out in other areas when needed.
Great atmposhere with friendly caring staff
Busperson (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 27, 2015
I didn't work there for very long, and I had to leave due to health complications, If I hadn't I'd likely still be working there, It was a very nice entry level position
Dennys
Hostess (Former Employee), TerraceFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no hours
I learned to serve food take payment and work on my feet. The management was very nice and friendly. I got along with all of my coworkers.
Good Place To Work Due To Employees
Line Cook (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: positive environment, complimentary meals
The Denny's restaurant I worked at was a consistently busy location. I worked with an excellent, positive staff that was among, if not the, best I've ever been a part of. As far as resiliency, unity and support every member down to the management was terrific. The location was well kept and was properly organized to make efficient and timely work possible.
fun and fast paced restuarant
Hostess (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free meal everyday an excellent customers!
Cons: short hours and cut shifts due to the season.
Dennys, having the popular, fast paced environment made the days go by fast. Lots of smiling customers and smiling employees in return. Hardest part would be having lots of tasks to handle all at once, such a greeting the guests and serving out beverages while keeping the front end clean and tidy. Prioritizing tasks is a skill i've learned throughout my experiences. Most enjoyable part would definitely be dealing with costumers and always having a constant and new challenge.
Nice place to work.
Server (Former Employee), Rapid City, MBDecember 16, 2014
I really liked working as a server at this restaurant.
The most enjoyable part was trainings :)
I Cook in Denny's for the customer.
Cook (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaDecember 9, 2014
* Cook the food for the customers and organizing the dishes
* Clean Dishes
fun working environment.
Hostess (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 18, 2014
Pros: 50 % off on food.
Cons: dealing with customers was sometimes difficult for me.
it was very easy, and an out going environment to work in. i learned that hard work and dedication pays off at the end. my co workers were very nice and helpful towards me. management worked very professionally and did their job properly which i liked very much. the hardest part of the job was trying to seat the customers as a hostess and having no seats to place them in which was very difficult and making the customers wait which is unkind gesture. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, meeting new people and making new friends; and also short shifts were very nice and proper for me to have. having a positive environment around me help me to do my job in a better and a productive way which i enjoyed doing very much. lastly, i enjoyed working with everyone around me, and they all treated me very well , which i liked doing a lot.

1 2 3 4