Denny's Employee Reviews

Best experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB12 April 2017
Its fun working in denny's. My skills were improved and learn some smart techniques which were time saving. I worked hard than yesterday that helped me to built a good rapo
I love the people there
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2017
It a very busy restaurant i like my co-workers
custemers are great.
I can always go back to Denny`s it`s like going back to your family
my manager was the best.
Pros
half off
Fast Paced work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 April 2017
The work is fast paced, challenging, and at times, overwhelming. But its a restaurant so its to be expected. Sometimes you dont get breaks its that busy. The tips are great which makes up for some of the downsides.

Would still recommend this job!
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Long hours on your feet in the heat
great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
It has a great location next to movie theaters and other restaurant's. Very clean and organized. staff and management very friendly and knowledgeable customers are friendly.
Fun workplace
hostess and expo manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
Denny's it self is really a nice working place with a comfortable and learning environment. The staff and management was very supportive in every manner.
Easy job, with great discounts
Food server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
I worked at dennys for about two months and had to resign due to school. It was a fun job.Id start work at about and end at 4. The workplace had a great atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nothin
very productive work place
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
best part about working was learning new things such as, taking to go orders through phone or in person. Very flexible hours where given. What i enjoyed at dennys at the most was the people customer, and management staff was very nice and very helpful. If ever i wantd to learn they would help i served customers with great welcoming greeting when walked into the restaurant. what i didnt like about the job was i was attending high school at the moment and was a bit far for me to come to work but i really loved working at dennys its was like we were all a big family.
Pros
free lunch meal/dinner meal
Cons
Far from school and home
Fun, family restaurant
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 March 2017
Lots of guest interaction, even as a host, never a shortage of odd jobs or duties to perform. You can gain experience running food and drinks, and busing.
A place to start out in
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
It is a good place to startat but if making g a career then one has to be able to handle every and all kinds of characters at any time day or night...
Fun place to work
Dishwasher and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 March 2017
They were very willing to employ me and give extra shifts when needed, as well as being completely flexible with my second job as a housekeeper in the mornings. I learned how to be a hostess, one of the few jobs in the service industry I hadn't ever held. Typical day at work was very upbeat and fast-paced, especially during the dinner rush. Started at 4pm and normally finished my shift around 1am. Most enjoyable part of the job was my clients and coworkers, everyone was very friendly and got along very well and we very rarely had any issues or complaints.
Horrible Boss
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
He was condensing, and creepy. He hired the girls off looks (mentioned it many times), would talk to teenage girls about their s*x lives. He would touch them inappropriately.
A good place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 March 2017
A good place to work,, wonderful co-workers and regular peoplewhich is the best part of the job..over all like my job,,, hardest part is late night bar rush..
challenging, not friendly
Server (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2017
It was a fun time and interesting working at dennys. Good place to work, if one wanna make some extra cash. Managers are understanding and accommodate according to your schedule
Great Place to Work
Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2017
I really enjoy working at Denny's as a cook. Everyone works as a team, management is excellent, scheduling is perfect for my lifestyle and the training is really good. In the beginning the training can be intense and overwhelming because it is a lot to learn. It does get easier with each shift and my co-workers are really understanding and helpful. Denny's is a very organised place to work and that makes me feel secure in my job duties as I know exactly what I need to do for my shift. I find as long as I carry my weight, try my best and have a good attitude everything runs smoothly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the orders and keeping the customers happy with wait times especially on the weekends as Denny's is a very popular place to eat. Overall I really like working here and work well with my co-workers and managers.
Pros
one free meal per shift for cooks, good managment, great co-workers
Cons
Weekends are very busy
Definetely a fun workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Headingley, MB19 February 2017
A typical day at work is usually steady with constant customers coming in for food.

I definitely learned to gain lots of patience working here.
Pros
If you did over $1, 000 in sales, you get a free meal.
Cons
If it is too busy, sometimes you don't get a break. Also, getting hours cut when you need money.
good starting job
Busboy/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
this was my first job at 14 years old. it was good for the time being, to get some extra cash and see how the restraint business ran. It was enjoyable at the time, just clearing and cleaning the dishes a couple times a week.
excelent food, and service
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Addison, ON25 January 2017
I like this company, and the people working there because it is a internationals, they accepted me at the same day at my interview. and I was the only women cook. I love Denny's,
Pros
good people, good oportunities
Very professional and well paced enviroment, great co-workers and mangers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 January 2017
Every work day was always a new learning experience, and also a joy to work because of the family environment. I learned cash handling, debit machine usage, cash register usage, hostess position and duties, as well as some serving qualifications. The management was very professional and I could really connect with them, as well as being able to learn so much from the management, as the training was very well taught and enforced. I loved going to work because of the other staff, they were like a second family, and the environment, although fast paced(which I loved) was always happy, and very well organized. The most difficult part of my roll at Denny's was dealing with complaints, because that's one field I which I didn't have much experience with the problems that could be brought up in normal work day. The most enjoyable part about working at Denny's was working with people 24/7, and having great co-workers to work with.
Pros
In an eight hour day, one 30 minute lunch and to 10 minute breaks
Productive and fun place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 January 2017
Great employees, good hours, enjoyable management, understanding, fast paced environment (makes the day go by) my first job and I definitely enjoyed it. Great place to work!
Pros
discount
Cons
night shifts 3-11
great place to work with a breakfast menu
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy a wide selection of menu items starting fro breakfast to dinner. Clean work areas and nice people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9