Dempsey Corporation – Montreal, Quebec
Dempsey Corporation is a young & dynamic organization. Specializing in full service distribution of chemical additives, food ingredients and promotional products. As a growing and innovative company with an entrepreneurial attitude, Dempsey Corporation strives to recruit and develop creative, capable and dedicated employees working towards a common goal in pursuit of excellence.
We currently have the following position available at our Montreal warehouse:
- Bilingual delivery truck driver/ Warehouse Assistant - Montreal
We are seeking a delivery truck driver who has strong experience with driving trucks in the Montreal area.
The truck driver is responsible for delivering specialty chemical additives to various locations in and around the city.
Working alone, the driver’s rresponsibilities will include the correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, recording of delivery information, and ensuring operation of the vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
The delivery driver will also be spending a significant part of their time assisting the warehouse manager with various warehouse activities including receiving, storing, ordering, packing, shipping and filling orders of materials.
Location: Dempsey Corporation Montreal warehouse:
St-Laurent, Québec H4S 1R8
Salary: We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Start date: immediately
- Good physical condition
- + 5 years of delivery truck driving experience, with also experience in warehouse environment including inventory management and shipping & receiving
- Able to operate a forklift
- Able to drive a delivery truck, and have a class 3 license (occasionally carrying HAZMAT material)
- Knowledge of warehouse systems including inventory and shipping & receiving processes
- Knowledge of proper materials handling techniques
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skill with MS Office software including databases
- Ability to travel within city and surrounding areas with access to own vehicle
- Flexible/adaptable, able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment;
- Knowledge of workplace Health and Safety, TDG, WHMIS.
The soft skills:
- Bilingual in French and English
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating clearly, simply and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision