Dematic Employee Reviews

Productive and good environment for work
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2016
I like the work place and the facilities that are provided to help increase the productivity and concentration.
my colleagues are very helpful and optimistic.
my manager was professional and fair I learned a lot from him.
I have learned many things technical wise most important thing is researching and how to increase the efficiency of systems and make solutions.
the hardest part is the commissioning part of the project.
the most enjoyable part when the system runs smoothly and efficiently.
Pros
free pop corn, coffee.
Cons
health care.
Dematic some good some bad
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 28, 2016
Dematic is a great and frustrating company. Coworkers are generally awesome and almost always helpful. There is a feeling of we are all in this together. Compensation is good for what you are doing but it can be rather stressful. The cafeteria is pretty good and they have fresh cookies on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The negative side is often being called up in the middle of the night because of your expertise. Depending on your position you will travel a lot that can be good or bad depending on if you have a family. Management often feels like they don't care and the number of managers you will have won't feel necessary. Management is fairly hands off so you will be free to do your work without micro-management.

Doing it all over again this would be a great first job out of college.
Great Company for people to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAMarch 30, 2016
The day at work are good days. I'm always communicating with everyone in the work place. I have learned alot of things since I've been working at Dematic. The management is good so far. I find nothing hard about my job because I love doing my job. The most enjoyable thin
fun place and great benifits
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 4, 2016
Great expirence given. Helpful co-workers and people willing to help on the job or off.Open opp. in different states open for you to travel.
Pros
great pay, permanent position
Cons
hard to get in
Productive and teamwork
maintenance engineer (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.April 17, 2016
I like to make my work directly from the first time, like teamwork, be productive during my day, willing to work overtime when necessary.
Pros
FREE LOUNCHES, HEALTHCARE
Cons
SHORTS BREAKS
Productive and fun work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76244April 18, 2016
While only being able to work for Dematic for a short time due to family emergencies they are a very good company to work for. i would recommend working for them to any of my friends
Technical Installations Supervisor
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  United KingdomNovember 4, 2015
Responsible for a team to carry out daily installation of specific projects. Projects changing to different site/country at times.
Supervise technical installation support on site.
Provide Mechanical Engineering expertise and technical advice to my team.
Coordinate team and site schedule.
Responsible for coordinating and planning daily installations/maintenance and repair activities.
Responsible for health and safety acts on site.
Maintain good client relationships at all times
Pros
Paid breaks
NIce people
Gravity Assembler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 7, 2016
The management is terrible, they don't like to work with the union. The company does not care about its employees it's all about the money which is why they are moving to Mexico.
not a fun place to work,they want dematic to be your life,not your family
Powder Coat Painter (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2015
I've worked at dematic for almost 30yrs, I enjoyed my first 25yrs It was a great place to work, then new management took over, and in my opinion there running the place into the ground. they built a factory in mexico, I'm guessing 1 yr from now they will be doing business from there.
Pros
pizza lunches twice a year
Cons
mandatory saturdays and sundays
I love it
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Everyday at this job, I learn something new. My co-worked are amazing and a hard working team. It's a great company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT - A/R + A/P (Former Employee) –  Banbury, PAOctober 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics,but this is expected of a big company.
logistics facility for Cat.
Facility Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILMarch 18, 2015
working in the maintenance dept. means that a typical day here is usually gone before you know it. I have acquired some new knowledge of cranes and conveyors since I have been here. most all employee's are good people here in the facility. the management here needs flushed out and replaced but hey that's why there are new jobs out there for us to find and move into.
Cons
short lunches and breaks.
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2015
I was a production worker who operated varies machines. You were excepted to run 100% although I did not hit the goals everyday. I was never written up for a lack of production or was I ever written up for anything including Attendance. I worked at the company for eighteen years an made friends out of my supervisors for they knew I was a dependable worker who put his best foot forward.
Pros
good bosses, execellent employees
Cons
n/a
Typical old fashioned tech company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2015
- 25% Travel (Hardest part of the job)
- Not the best place to develop skills
- Easy to move up in the company
- Friendly co-workers and good management
Poor Management. Unreliable job securtity
Layout Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 30, 2015
Outsourcing work to mexico, mandating people work weekends for "posible work". over the top management and safety crew, placed cameras everywhere. No respect for employees or their personal space.
Logistics company with lion share of market
Mechanical Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMarch 15, 2015
Dematic is a growing company and expanding quickly. They are becoming at global company in the logistics market and offer great job security. There is 25% travel and good compensation
safe work envirament
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 26, 2014
I really enjoyed what I was doing I felt like I was making a difference. I enjoyed the safe environment. I always make sure that I work safe. Learning to work a CNC machine was easy because I had a lead man that new a lot about the machines show me how to work them. Dematice has a great friendly work environment.
Pros
excelent pay
Cons
work 7 days straight
It was long hours and not always enough work to keep everyone busy. So there was a lot of down time,and everyone was required to stay there.
INSTALLATION MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Sutherland,Virginia (Walmart Distribution Center)May 26, 2014
Long days/nights

Learned about conveyor belt systems

Management was not the greatest, could of been a lot better.

Co-workers all worked well together, but did not speak English.

The hardest part of the job was mandatory being there when there was nothing at all to do, and waiting hours for deliveries or other trades. I thought it was a waste of company money and time.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when there was plenty of work to do, and the days/nights flew by.
Pros
paid breaks/lunch breaks
Cons
long days/nights 6 days a week, with lots of down time. too much man power, not enough work.
My experience
welder (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2012
i really enjoy my job here at dematic i was once under the impression this company could take me a long way on my career, due to wages in weld shop i no longer think so. its taught me to be comfortable organizing and to work alone also to work with others in a team setting in a timly manner good attitude even uder pressure of meeting tight quotas while maintaining high quality able to keep a clean working environment for safety able to take directions
Pros
benifits
Cons
...politics
Source for weekly Dilbert scenarios
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIFebruary 21, 2013
The worse managed company of its size, ran by ego centric sales men who don't have clue. They make the "Evil Director" look like a genius.

They spend huge amounts of money recruiter and relocating out of state employees, then lay them off leaving them stranded. This is their historical SOP.
Pros
clients still buy their products - once in a while
Cons
inept management, cyclical layoffs with no re-hiring after relocating personel