Demand Media

Demand Media Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Demand
Demand Studios (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 27, 2014
I always like the work. It was quite hard at first but I grew to be a pro. The management is great.
Productive, upbeat and fun place to work.
Facilities Assistant/Operations (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 8, 2014
A typical work day is busy with a varied amount of tasks. Must be people oriented and able to switch gears at any given time. The environment is cool & hip and the people are an amazing group of people to work with - including management.
Nice place, lame company
Business Development Associate (Former Employee), Santa MonicaApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unclear mission
Was a fine place to work, open office plan, free lunch fridays. Company is a bit unfocused and chaotic.
Too Many Writers, Not Enough Assignments
FREELANCE COPY WRITER (Current Employee), DemandMedia.comApril 25, 2014
Pros: great pay, flexible work, ample time to complete assignments
Cons: not enough assignments for the amount of writers, no email notifications when assignments do become available, bizarre section qualification criteria
The pay for each article is great. More than enough to pay off credit cards or save up to take road trips. The biggest qualm I have with this site is that I have to scramble so hard to find assignments. There may be a surge of assignments available one day (without any email or general announcement that there are new assignments available) and then – more... it may be more than a week before you're able to find another assignment. I don't appreciate the feast-or-famine milieu. I was also confused by the fact that a topic section that I have multiple years of practice and academic experience with rejected my application. Yet, somehow I was allowed to write for a section that I have literally zero experience or education in. Their section application criteria are mysterious and seem illogical. – less
Great company
Senior Director, Ad Operations (Current Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 27, 2014
Company allowed a lot of learning opportunities and flexibility with work life balance. Overall it has been a great place to work.
Good company looking for a calling
BI Operations Manager / Web Analytics Architect (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Internet media company trying to find it's place in the world. They had a problem getting the mojo back after Google went through the panda changes.
Demand Media
NOC Analyst (Former Employee), Kirkland, WASeptember 3, 2013
Great company and environment. People and professionalism
Excellent Work Experience
Senior Data Analyst/Database Administrator (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 20, 2013
Worked with Netezza and set up Hadoop Infrastructure for getting several Terabytes worth of data a day.
Work at home job with fun topics and strict guidelines
Freelance Writer (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHMay 19, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, decent pay
Cons: no direct supervisor; work was evaluated by a group of editors
This job was particularly flexible, in that you could choose your own work schedule and write as many or as few articles as you could handle. There was also a nice selection of interesting topics to write about, and almost anyone could find something that interested them enough to write a two page article about the subject.
Fun and productive environment.
typeF.com, eHow.com - Social Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 18, 2012
Culture at Demand Media is very laid back, comfortable and allows you to flourish and show management really how creative you can be. Must be a self-starter and really voice your opinions and ideas. It's always welcomed.
Great people to work with.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 11, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no job advancement
I love the people I work with and they are keeps me coming back. People here are funny, not too serious and know how to have a good time.

About Demand Media

Demand MediaTM is a leading online producer, publisher and syndicator of professional content and social media solutions. Utilizing – Read more