Deluxe

Deluxe Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice atmosphere in the office. Nice people to work with.
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: lunch is brought in periodically. encouragement is always shown for positive work.
Cons: this is a temp position. no insurance.
A typical day in the office begins by arriving early. Logging into the computer, reviewing my tasks that are set. Then begin contacting potential new clients based on time zones. Once contact is establish with a client, determine the needs of the business by asking pertinent questions. Schedule a time and day to have a consultant call them to discuss – more... the marketing options further and finalize the sale. – less

February 8, 2013

I was in the same position as you. Hit my numbers and then was let go unexpectedly. I was told the Lead Generation initiatives were not working out. Upper management never spoke to any sales reps. Why get to know your reps when you know they will not be around for long. Keep looking for better opportunities my friend.

Could be better...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2013
Deluxe Corporation basically hires you, puts you in training, tells you lots of nice things about the company. Then you get out on the call center floor and experience what really goes on there. If you don't read their script word-for-word and/or makes them enough money, they will fire you. They have no interest in the employee well being.
Sold a bill of goods
Customer servie rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: no employee loyalty
My wife and I both worked here. When we started we were told how Deluxe never laid anyone off, in fact did not lay off during the Great Depression, had been here for 100 years and was not going anywhere. The Phoenix call center was the crown jewel and we had job security. We were told that merit raises happened every 6 months and people that had only – more... been there for 5 years were making $20 per hour.

Then the push for sales began and we were required to add upgraded shipping to people's orders without their consent. We started to get written up for little things and the attendance policy went from very generous to an obvious attempt at attrition.

Within 6 months of getting hired the edict came down from on high that there would be a freeze on wages. That lasted for 4 years until they announced they would close the Phoenix call center. Keep in mind that the CEO of Deluxe made $2.2 million in 2011. – less
I thought these places only existed on the big screen
Manager (Former Employee), ShoreviewJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: benefits were actually reasonable
Cons: leadership for sure -- or lack thereof; changing or no direction
I worked for Deluxe for several months and was sold quite a bill of goods about how they want people with new ideas, etc. Nothing could be further from the truth!

This is a job straight out of the movies -- horrible leaders all the way up the chain; zero direction or support from anyone -- not that there is any particular direction that I could see – more... as it seemed to change daily -- and employees are routinely thrown under the bus to cover the greater issues.

After starting there I learned that there are layoffs every October as a means of hitting year-end numbers and also that I was number FIVE in that position over just a couple of years. Several other co-workers had similar complaints. – less
Great learning position
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: micromanagement
On a typical customer service day I would speak with 40-50 customers from small issues with misprints on printed forms to larger problems with billing on orders.
ok
Press operator (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 20, 2013
standing in one place for 8 hours is the hardest part of working
fun to work at and play ping pong on breaks
Workflow Specialist &Production Lead (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2013
fun place to work at,lots of overtime and always busy. lots of vacation time.
n/a
FIBB Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 13, 2013
Very busy, constant calls coming in. Management was great and always willing to help and teach new things.
Great work environment!
Industrial Design Support-Contractor (Former Employee), Groton, MAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: job security
Unfortunately, this company has been downsizing for years. This is the ONLY negative thing I can say about working there. I loved the years I spent there. However, the last few years we experienced many major job eliminations, and the constant threat of job loss at the end of each fiscal year made an otherwise great job a bit stressful.
The job was – more... well-defined, the co-workers fantastic, compensation and benefits were great.

Advancement opportunities were hampered by little movement of other employees and a very limited number of jobs created. – less
Great camaraderie between sales reps.
SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING CONSULTANT (Current Employee), shoreviewJanuary 10, 2013
I enjoyed this position. It allowed me to diagnose and close on deals with small business that improved they're marketing strategy and had the getting a great return on investment.
Fast Paced Upscale Casual Diner
BARTENDER-WAITER (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: terrific staff and patrons.
Very relaxed, casual upscale diner. Unique diner style menu with bistro fare.
Unfriendly, Boring and Horrible Training....
Would rather not say (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: none really except nice campus in shoreview....
Cons: only stayed a month but many managers; felt like grade school.
Worked there a few years ago in Shoreview. Never so bored in my life during training which was conducted horrible with too many others in one class. Could see (and had heard from other employees that have worked there) that morale seemed bad and people did not look happy. Felt uncomfortable and awkward, glad when I quit! And as others have said on here – more... NO job security, everyone I know who worked there in the last 5 years has been let go. – less
Great Place
Sales Assistant & Office Support (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs CADecember 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches, awards, rewards
Cons: went out of business
It was a Great place who let me grow.
i went from CSR to Sales Assistant
My Review
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNDecember 13, 2012
Very nice people, great benefits. I gained a lot of experience with event planning, management and logistics.
turn around and run... far far away
manager (Former Employee), DHQDecember 11, 2012
Pros: work with some very nice people who are very smart, lower to mid-level manager are great.
Cons: terrible ceo and senior leadership team, has turned into an "old boy's" network where new ideas are not encouraged, no appreciation for the "little" guy" i.e. call center & production employees.
Horrible senior executive leadership team who routinely deliver the edict to make cuts the end of each year so that they can produce a dividend for shareholders and a "very significant" bonus for themselves. They've cut beyond lean and and are now an anorexic organization with terrible morale and no upward employment opportunities. So sad... used to – more... be a great place to work. – less
Money driven company that doesn't care about it's employees
Loyalty Sales Rep (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNDecember 6, 2012
Pros: gift cards
Cons: stuck at a desk all day with short breaks, micro managed, pushy sales.
That company doesn't care about you. The point system for attendance is why they have a high turn around. You are just a number.
Money driven company that doesn't care about it's employees
Loyalty Sales Rep (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNDecember 6, 2012
Pros: gift cards
Cons: stuck at a desk all day with short breaks, micro managed, pushy sales.
Actively stimulating interest and making sales
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNNovember 26, 2012
Pros: i have learned numerous, exciting, skills.
Cons: lack of job security
A typical day in the office includes calling financial institutions and showing them how our products will make their lives easier. I call, work my way through the contacts, and find the decision maker at each financial institution. I then introduce and explain the product, invite them to a web seminar, and continually work my numerous pending deals. – more... I also do “web seminars” for financial institutions around the country. Webinars are live, online, demonstrations of our fraud/risk solutions. Doing those webinars is the hardest part of my job and the most enjoyable part of my job is the constant interactions with my clients. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to check out my profile. – less
productive n fun
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), azNovember 2, 2012
Pros: good comunication
Cons: short lunches
learn a lot of customer service,
flexible schedule
love the people very comprenhensive
Untrustworthy Management @Headquarters
Analysis (Former Employee), MinnesotaNovember 1, 2012
This company promotes sneaky, scumbags who will stop at nothing to climb the corporate ladder. They make up stories, put people on action plans (secretly w/o them knowing) and throw anyone under the bus to serve their own agenda. The WORST is the Finance Director who supports the Financial Services industry. He's a sleazy, self-serving weasel.

Stay – more... away!!! – less

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more