Deluxe

Deluxe Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Constant Change
Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: restaurants would come in and you can get food on the spot on certain days
Cons: many changes and even when you excelled...oh well
When we first started the calls were a little break in between. I was also hired at $11 an hour plus bonuses for sales. First day told they were no longer going to offer the bonuses! Ugh ok the bens were awesome. About 1 month in the calls were back to back. No break in between. By the end of the day your voice was horse from your 20-30 calls a day – more... to actually being 50-60 calls per day. Some great employees and many that want to back stab you. – less
typical day at work
book-binder (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay was bad
fast-paced, quality minded but minimum wage not well organized
Great Hours and Nice Pay
Data entry of all orders coming in over MFI (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: paid vacations and sick days. benifits
Cons: short breaks and sometimes having to leave for lunch 30 minutes late
Entering Orders for our customers. Fixing mistakes on ordered checks. I learned how to handle customers with kindness and care. How to fix the mistakes made and do it as quickly as I can. I learned how to use different computer programs all at the same time.
Management was not overly friendly, was very difficult to speak to. They didn't ask question – more... to make sure that understood you.
Dealing with management and the favoritism.
I got to speak to people all over the U.S. Hear a little about there lives and their business. – less
lots of employee/family gatherings outside of the call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2013
very difficult to leave work if you have family emergencies.
Wonderful company to work for
Computer Operator Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: co-workers were like family
Cons: working the night shift when i had to.
I learned Job Control Language (JCL) to be able to be the computer operator for Deluxe Check Printers which was the original name before changing to Deluxe Corporation. I was the only computer operator at first until we had a 24 hour, 7 day a week crew of 6 people to cover 3 shifts. Each day I ran billing for our region, then once a week I did payroll, – more... plus weekly sales, and monthly sales. I used a mainframe IBM computer system to produce the payroll, billing, and sales reports. I had to key up cards in order to run the JCL through the card reader to run the programs that produced these reports. My co-workers were of a variety of ethnic cultures so it made it very interesting atmosphere to be involved. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the schedule that Adminstration wanted billing, sales, and payroll done by each month. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, we had work so long together it was like family at work. – less
Good Company but diminishing product line
Machine Operator II (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: simple work that can keep you busy for an entire shift
Cons: laid back management sometimes makes change difficult
Deluxe has a minimum quantity requirement for daily productions that is relatively easy to attain.
We have many printing and binding machines to operate as well as a mailing system and manual packing that all have a daily goal.
We have a fairly laid back management crew and most are easy to approach with problems and concerns.
Hardest part of the job – more... is showing up on time. If you can get to work on time you'll have a job until we quit printing.
There are plenty of jobs to learn but moving up is often difficult because once an operator is certified they have to retire, quit or expire before the next position is available and as showing up is the hard part, most are not inclined to leave. – less
Hardworking and friendly workplace.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thorofare, NJ 08086August 6, 2013
My job at Deluxe was a great experience. I was able to assist customers to products to help promote their business and any forms or products they need to conduct their business. The management was very helpful with any questions or solutions. My co-workers were supportive and very easy to work with.
Great company. Treats employees well.
Peer Coach & Welcome Ambassador (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNJuly 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, competitive pay, friendly atmosphere
Deluxe does a wonderful job communicating with it's employees, and providing support. There is ample training and assistance at our disposal and I learned valuable information about how small businesses operate. Connecting with business owners across the country on a daily basis is an amazing experience.
Customer Service work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great work environment, something different everyday
Cons: not the best hours. got home late 5-6:30
answer phone, take orders over the phone, filing, computer skills.
I loved this job!!! Just wasn't a good fit with becoming a parent.
enjoyed my time working at Deluxe. The positions I held challenged me to do my best.
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee), Groton, MAJuly 22, 2013
I worked with many great, dedicated people. There was room for growth offering challenging systems and guidelines.
Great place to advance and grow in
Team Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2013
Pros: fast promotions
Cons: negitive culture driven by tenured employees
Deluxe has a very structured view on developing talent. If you are able to get identified as an valuable asset you will be promoted quickly.
Lies lies and more lies
Sales/partner/business (Former Employee), MassJuly 13, 2013
Pros: co workers are great. there is actual training
Cons: schedule, lies, pay, time off bucket, getting time off is hard.
I have worked in call centers environments for years and Never have I been lied to like I have been by this company.

I was told that I would be starting at $14 an hour. My pay stub reads $12.38 hr. I was told that there were no weekends. A BIG thing for me, especially with the poor pay and lie about that. Now they are telling us that Saturdays are – more... going to be putting us on rotating Saturdays. I was told that I would be able to change my shift within 6 months. Now it looks like I am going to be working this shift until I find another job.
I was told they had a great employee life balance. And that they had a generous sick/holiday PTO program. All lies.
Nepotism is rampant. The team leads are useless. HR is a joke. It's sell sell sell. "We are moving forward" blah blah blah. The company bites. They dont care about the employees at all and the constant threat of being laid off or let go is stressful.

Website for online ordering barely ever works, but that is by design. Management WANTS customers to have to speak with reps so that we can sell them what they do not really want or need. Assumptive selling it ethically wrong. Funny since the company culture is ALL ABOUT ethics. Laughable.
My "team" ie co workers. are the only thing that keep me coming into that building. Because we all hate the company as a whole.

No idea why the east coast call center is open to 7pm since there are call centers in the mid west and CA. Really no need for the hours that they are open. Often stuck on call til a half hour after shift end. and getting home after 8 at night. Oh and no OT given, they let you leave a half hour early on some random day. And do not get sick! You will face disciplinary action. Also get "dinged" for changes on an order that a customer made. IE customer no longer wants the p yellow checks. Changes to blue. You get an error.

Customers are great. But are learning the "tricks" rapidly. – less
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2013
They have no consistancy in what they want you to do. You are never able to really get it right, because when you finally get it they change it again. Half of the time management doesn't know what they are doing.
Fun, Growing, Evolving Culture
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), Shoreview,June 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits/culture/growing company/innovative
Cons: some are slower to adapt..
I work at the corporate headquarters in Shoreview. I also support many of the businesses across the nation in the job that I do here. I think that Deluxe is a great place to work, treats it's employees well and has a great moral/work/life balance. There are locations/branches that have gone through some changes, but overall, the company is strong.

I – more... like that i get to have visibility to sr. mgmt, as well as work in a culture of 'working managers', where my manager is engaged in the work as well, not just sitting strategically.

Deluxe has gone through transformation the last few years, and is offering new digital/software services that are new and this has led to some layoffs (who hasn't?), but overall they are growing and hiring!

Benefits are great, culture is fun, fast paced and entrepreneurial. – less
Great workplace with TV in the lunch area
Packer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 14, 2013
Great workers. Positive environment. I enjoy the fast pace workflow in the manufacturing.
high production fast paced.
2nd shift lead in Warehouse (Former Employee), North Wales, PAJune 10, 2013
Unfortunately, at the time the building was enduring LEAN changes
that brought the building to a close.
Fast paced
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2013
Fast paced and fun place to work taking customer calls. Company in transition from check provider to growth engine for small business. Always new products and services to offer customers.
A horrible environment...
Designer (Former Employee), BurbankMay 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible corporate culture
If you want to work in a creative environment, Deluxe is NOT the place.

They do not foster a creative culture. They are more of a corporate, bottom line company.

In order to succeed in the creative world, you need to have creative leaders with a history of creative accomplishments.

Their creative group is led by a corporate bull dog that only cares – more... about bottom line. – less
Deluxe
Sale Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNMay 7, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: all the changes
It was fun there. Deluxe you worked as a family, and got to understand the different markets that they are trying to reach too.
Very wonderful facility
Interactive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 6, 2013
Pros: onsite cafeteria
Cons: not many
My day consisted of out bound sales calls to prospective clients in regard to websites and online marketing. I learned the importance of having a strong online presence. Local management was extremely helpful and well rounded. Most of my coworkers and now friends and I was very fortunate to work with them. The hardest part of the job was narrowing down – more... services provided as we had many. The best part of the job was working with people that will be long time friends. – less

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more