Deluxe

Deluxe Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lies lies and more lies
Sales/partner/business (Former Employee), MassJuly 13, 2013
Pros: co workers are great. there is actual training
Cons: schedule, lies, pay, time off bucket, getting time off is hard.
I have worked in call centers environments for years and Never have I been lied to like I have been by this company.

I was told that I would be starting at $14 an hour. My pay stub reads $12.38 hr. I was told that there were no weekends. A BIG thing for me, especially with the poor pay and lie about that. Now they are telling us that Saturdays are – more... going to be putting us on rotating Saturdays. I was told that I would be able to change my shift within 6 months. Now it looks like I am going to be working this shift until I find another job.
I was told they had a great employee life balance. And that they had a generous sick/holiday PTO program. All lies.
Nepotism is rampant. The team leads are useless. HR is a joke. It's sell sell sell. "We are moving forward" blah blah blah. The company bites. They dont care about the employees at all and the constant threat of being laid off or let go is stressful.

Website for online ordering barely ever works, but that is by design. Management WANTS customers to have to speak with reps so that we can sell them what they do not really want or need. Assumptive selling it ethically wrong. Funny since the company culture is ALL ABOUT ethics. Laughable.
My "team" ie co workers. are the only thing that keep me coming into that building. Because we all hate the company as a whole.

No idea why the east coast call center is open to 7pm since there are call centers in the mid west and CA. Really no need for the hours that they are open. Often stuck on call til a half hour after shift end. and getting home after 8 at night. Oh and no OT given, they let you leave a half hour early on some random day. And do not get sick! You will face disciplinary action. Also get "dinged" for changes on an order that a customer made. IE customer no longer wants the p yellow checks. Changes to blue. You get an error.

Customers are great. But are learning the "tricks" rapidly. – less
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2013
They have no consistancy in what they want you to do. You are never able to really get it right, because when you finally get it they change it again. Half of the time management doesn't know what they are doing.
Fun, Growing, Evolving Culture
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), Shoreview,June 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits/culture/growing company/innovative
Cons: some are slower to adapt..
I work at the corporate headquarters in Shoreview. I also support many of the businesses across the nation in the job that I do here. I think that Deluxe is a great place to work, treats it's employees well and has a great moral/work/life balance. There are locations/branches that have gone through some changes, but overall, the company is strong.

I – more... like that i get to have visibility to sr. mgmt, as well as work in a culture of 'working managers', where my manager is engaged in the work as well, not just sitting strategically.

Deluxe has gone through transformation the last few years, and is offering new digital/software services that are new and this has led to some layoffs (who hasn't?), but overall they are growing and hiring!

Benefits are great, culture is fun, fast paced and entrepreneurial. – less
Great workplace with TV in the lunch area
Packer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 14, 2013
Great workers. Positive environment. I enjoy the fast pace workflow in the manufacturing.
high production fast paced.
2nd shift lead in Warehouse (Former Employee), North Wales, PAJune 10, 2013
Unfortunately, at the time the building was enduring LEAN changes
that brought the building to a close.
Fast paced
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2013
Fast paced and fun place to work taking customer calls. Company in transition from check provider to growth engine for small business. Always new products and services to offer customers.
A horrible environment...
Designer (Former Employee), BurbankMay 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: horrible corporate culture
If you want to work in a creative environment, Deluxe is NOT the place.

They do not foster a creative culture. They are more of a corporate, bottom line company.

In order to succeed in the creative world, you need to have creative leaders with a history of creative accomplishments.

Their creative group is led by a corporate bull dog that only cares – more... about bottom line. – less
Deluxe
Sale Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNMay 7, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: all the changes
It was fun there. Deluxe you worked as a family, and got to understand the different markets that they are trying to reach too.
Very wonderful facility
Interactive Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 6, 2013
Pros: onsite cafeteria
Cons: not many
My day consisted of out bound sales calls to prospective clients in regard to websites and online marketing. I learned the importance of having a strong online presence. Local management was extremely helpful and well rounded. Most of my coworkers and now friends and I was very fortunate to work with them. The hardest part of the job was narrowing down – more... services provided as we had many. The best part of the job was working with people that will be long time friends. – less
Young working environment/ fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 7, 2013
Pros: are desks were moveable so i can stand and sit
Cons: loud environment
Inbound call center. I learned how to sell items to people by my personality over the phone. Being confident and assertive. All my co- workers were supportive. Sometimes we were competitive. I enjoyed talking to different people all the time.
Process oriented company
Test Lead (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNApril 2, 2013
Nice to work in Process oriented company. Actually i'm a contractor to the Deluxe, so no idea on the benifits, values....
Great Company to work for
Computer System Coordinator (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: they down sized and put people out of work
Maintained computers, responsible for any routing number, account numbers,cuts or specially set up checks. Worked problems for financal institutions. Learn so much from this company it is hard to list, but my most valued term is "Value added".If you give your best to the job and do extra to insure a accurate product, it makes every job involved better. – more... Hardest part of the job was leaving due to downsizing. Loved working at this company and with my co workers – less
Horrible company to work for.
Bilingual Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 15, 2013
Pros: pay & benefits after 90 days which is hard to last 90 days at this place.
Cons: no values or care for anything other than money.
This company will hire you & train you & fill your head with lies. During training they tell you that all you have to do its read your script & listen to what the customer needs, however; when you get put on the floor the situation changes. If you don't read the script word-by-word you get yelled at. The worst is that the managers asked me & other employees – more... to LIE to the customers in order to get sales! This company has no values at all. You are replaceable & they don't care about anything else except you meeting your quota. Most customers are senior citizens & have hearing issues, managers tell you to talk fast & keep talking until the customer says they agree to the sale then finalize it & move on. Most senior citizens don't even know what they're really getting & if you try to explain in depth to the customer you'll get yelled at by management. The pay is ok but if you have any values at all don't take this job. I didn't even last a month on the floor before I decided to quit just because I couldn't live with the idea of lying to senior citizens on a fixed income & charging them $160 for checks when they're advertisement stated $19! Bad company, no values, no care for employees, no care for customers, just a bunch of lying thieves that will fire anyone who doesn't make them money. – less
Productive and fun workplace to work. Good Company to work for.
Press Operator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch every quarter. holiday parties.
Cons: health benfits are good.
I work on 2 printing Machine, load it with Paper and I print Business checks. I work with some smart and hard workers. The hardest part of my job is doing over time. That mean I have to wake up at 4 to go in at 5 in the morning. The most enjoyable part about my job is I get off at 3 in the afternoon.
Great Comnpany
Strategic Initiative Leader (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNMarch 2, 2013
While I was there, Deluxe was building their small business offerings and shifting focus away from check sales.
Layoffs constant.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNFebruary 19, 2013
The job was great, people were great, but layoffs are constant. No job security and very little advancement opportunities.
Nice co-workers and a nice place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: very clean manufacturing company
Cons: third shift
I would have to get orders off of the printer to get ready to go onto the press to be made.
Nice atmosphere in the office. Nice people to work with.
Lead Generation Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: lunch is brought in periodically. encouragement is always shown for positive work.
Cons: this is a temp position. no insurance.
A typical day in the office begins by arriving early. Logging into the computer, reviewing my tasks that are set. Then begin contacting potential new clients based on time zones. Once contact is establish with a client, determine the needs of the business by asking pertinent questions. Schedule a time and day to have a consultant call them to discuss – more... the marketing options further and finalize the sale. – less

MakingMoreNow – February 8, 2013

I was in the same position as you. Hit my numbers and then was let go unexpectedly. I was told the Lead Generation initiatives were not working out. Upper management never spoke to any sales reps. Why get to know your reps when you know they will not be around for long. Keep looking for better opportunities my friend.

Could be better...
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2013
Deluxe Corporation basically hires you, puts you in training, tells you lots of nice things about the company. Then you get out on the call center floor and experience what really goes on there. If you don't read their script word-for-word and/or makes them enough money, they will fire you. They have no interest in the employee well being.
Sold a bill of goods
Customer servie rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: no employee loyalty
My wife and I both worked here. When we started we were told how Deluxe never laid anyone off, in fact did not lay off during the Great Depression, had been here for 100 years and was not going anywhere. The Phoenix call center was the crown jewel and we had job security. We were told that merit raises happened every 6 months and people that had only – more... been there for 5 years were making $20 per hour.

Then the push for sales began and we were required to add upgraded shipping to people's orders without their consent. We started to get written up for little things and the attendance policy went from very generous to an obvious attempt at attrition.

Within 6 months of getting hired the edict came down from on high that there would be a freeze on wages. That lasted for 4 years until they announced they would close the Phoenix call center. Keep in mind that the CEO of Deluxe made $2.2 million in 2011. – less

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more