Deluxe

Deluxe Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great life learning experiences
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: lots of o.t, great bonuses, good raises.
at Deluxe I got to learn from the bottom and rose to the top, very fast paced work with lots of walking, climbing and thinking and computer inputting. all supervisors and managers were instrumental in their teachings and I learned a lot from them.
It was a great company while I was there
Facility and EH&S Coordinator (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 19, 2013
I cannot speak for the present, what I am going to say relates to 13+ years ago.

It was an awesome company to work for. The majority of my professional experience, education and training was provided by them, through in-house, as well as outside supplied training, not to mention a wealth of mentors.

The management was extremely employee focused, interactive – more... and job driven. My co-workers were the best you could ask for. They knew their job, shared tips, bonded and worked hard because it was their ethic.

The hardest part of my job was the daily duties of getting the work out on-time and later in my career, making sure all agency compliance was met while keeping the facility and people needs met on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable was the opportunity to work with so many great people, a company that tried to look out for us, great support, with actual training material to use to train people (Not just a Word document, real training material) and a management team that was sharp but cared.

The fact our location closed was due to trends, fewer checks used. I can't fault them for that. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work there for almost 20 years. – less
Customer Service Competitive sales
sales (Current Employee), MassachusettsOctober 17, 2013
8 hours of customer service and sales, you never know what kind of call your going to get. Co-workers are amazing but to the company you are just a number, as quickly as you came in will be as quickly as you can be replaced. What you do is never good enough it's about what else can you do for me.
Inbound customer care center
Financial Services Business Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2013
A typical work day consist of assisting bankers and direct customers with placing check orders for personal or business use. I have learned as a customer service representative that the customer is not aware of what your company has to offer, as a representative it is my duty to educate them and make their call as easy and smooth as possible. I love – more... my co-workers, Deluxe is structured as a family oriented company, and everyone gets along, that is what keeps the moral in the company high. The hardest part of my job is when receiving calls from your peers at the company and they are not aware of process it makes it harder to service the customer and it makes the company appear as if we are not all on one accord. The most enjoyable part of my job is volunteering for the community. I look forward to seeing a smile on someone's face after you have assisted them in a time of need, and that also applies to my position at work. If one of my peers are in need I try to make it my personal responsible to assist them. – less
Good company with good benefits
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Townsend, MASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, easy job responsibilites
Cons: no advancement
Good company and good job but doesn't have room for advancement. Some of the managers shouldn't be in a management position.
Constant Change
Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: restaurants would come in and you can get food on the spot on certain days
Cons: many changes and even when you excelled...oh well
When we first started the calls were a little break in between. I was also hired at $11 an hour plus bonuses for sales. First day told they were no longer going to offer the bonuses! Ugh ok the bens were awesome. About 1 month in the calls were back to back. No break in between. By the end of the day your voice was horse from your 20-30 calls a day – more... to actually being 50-60 calls per day. Some great employees and many that want to back stab you. – less
typical day at work
book-binder (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay was bad
fast-paced, quality minded but minimum wage not well organized
Great Hours and Nice Pay
Data entry of all orders coming in over MFI (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: paid vacations and sick days. benifits
Cons: short breaks and sometimes having to leave for lunch 30 minutes late
Entering Orders for our customers. Fixing mistakes on ordered checks. I learned how to handle customers with kindness and care. How to fix the mistakes made and do it as quickly as I can. I learned how to use different computer programs all at the same time.
Management was not overly friendly, was very difficult to speak to. They didn't ask question – more... to make sure that understood you.
Dealing with management and the favoritism.
I got to speak to people all over the U.S. Hear a little about there lives and their business. – less
lots of employee/family gatherings outside of the call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2013
very difficult to leave work if you have family emergencies.
Wonderful company to work for
Computer Operator Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: co-workers were like family
Cons: working the night shift when i had to.
I learned Job Control Language (JCL) to be able to be the computer operator for Deluxe Check Printers which was the original name before changing to Deluxe Corporation. I was the only computer operator at first until we had a 24 hour, 7 day a week crew of 6 people to cover 3 shifts. Each day I ran billing for our region, then once a week I did payroll, – more... plus weekly sales, and monthly sales. I used a mainframe IBM computer system to produce the payroll, billing, and sales reports. I had to key up cards in order to run the JCL through the card reader to run the programs that produced these reports. My co-workers were of a variety of ethnic cultures so it made it very interesting atmosphere to be involved. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the schedule that Adminstration wanted billing, sales, and payroll done by each month. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, we had work so long together it was like family at work. – less
Good Company but diminishing product line
Machine Operator II (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: simple work that can keep you busy for an entire shift
Cons: laid back management sometimes makes change difficult
Deluxe has a minimum quantity requirement for daily productions that is relatively easy to attain.
We have many printing and binding machines to operate as well as a mailing system and manual packing that all have a daily goal.
We have a fairly laid back management crew and most are easy to approach with problems and concerns.
Hardest part of the job – more... is showing up on time. If you can get to work on time you'll have a job until we quit printing.
There are plenty of jobs to learn but moving up is often difficult because once an operator is certified they have to retire, quit or expire before the next position is available and as showing up is the hard part, most are not inclined to leave. – less
Hardworking and friendly workplace.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thorofare, NJ 08086August 6, 2013
My job at Deluxe was a great experience. I was able to assist customers to products to help promote their business and any forms or products they need to conduct their business. The management was very helpful with any questions or solutions. My co-workers were supportive and very easy to work with.
Great company. Treats employees well.
Peer Coach & Welcome Ambassador (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNJuly 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, competitive pay, friendly atmosphere
Deluxe does a wonderful job communicating with it's employees, and providing support. There is ample training and assistance at our disposal and I learned valuable information about how small businesses operate. Connecting with business owners across the country on a daily basis is an amazing experience.
Customer Service work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), West Caldwell, NJJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great work environment, something different everyday
Cons: not the best hours. got home late 5-6:30
answer phone, take orders over the phone, filing, computer skills.
I loved this job!!! Just wasn't a good fit with becoming a parent.
enjoyed my time working at Deluxe. The positions I held challenged me to do my best.
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee), Groton, MAJuly 22, 2013
I worked with many great, dedicated people. There was room for growth offering challenging systems and guidelines.
Great place to advance and grow in
Team Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2013
Pros: fast promotions
Cons: negitive culture driven by tenured employees
Deluxe has a very structured view on developing talent. If you are able to get identified as an valuable asset you will be promoted quickly.
Lies lies and more lies
Sales/partner/business (Former Employee), MassJuly 13, 2013
Pros: co workers are great. there is actual training
Cons: schedule, lies, pay, time off bucket, getting time off is hard.
I have worked in call centers environments for years and Never have I been lied to like I have been by this company.

I was told that I would be starting at $14 an hour. My pay stub reads $12.38 hr. I was told that there were no weekends. A BIG thing for me, especially with the poor pay and lie about that. Now they are telling us that Saturdays are – more... going to be putting us on rotating Saturdays. I was told that I would be able to change my shift within 6 months. Now it looks like I am going to be working this shift until I find another job.
I was told they had a great employee life balance. And that they had a generous sick/holiday PTO program. All lies.
Nepotism is rampant. The team leads are useless. HR is a joke. It's sell sell sell. "We are moving forward" blah blah blah. The company bites. They dont care about the employees at all and the constant threat of being laid off or let go is stressful.

Website for online ordering barely ever works, but that is by design. Management WANTS customers to have to speak with reps so that we can sell them what they do not really want or need. Assumptive selling it ethically wrong. Funny since the company culture is ALL ABOUT ethics. Laughable.
My "team" ie co workers. are the only thing that keep me coming into that building. Because we all hate the company as a whole.

No idea why the east coast call center is open to 7pm since there are call centers in the mid west and CA. Really no need for the hours that they are open. Often stuck on call til a half hour after shift end. and getting home after 8 at night. Oh and no OT given, they let you leave a half hour early on some random day. And do not get sick! You will face disciplinary action. Also get "dinged" for changes on an order that a customer made. IE customer no longer wants the p yellow checks. Changes to blue. You get an error.

Customers are great. But are learning the "tricks" rapidly. – less
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2013
They have no consistancy in what they want you to do. You are never able to really get it right, because when you finally get it they change it again. Half of the time management doesn't know what they are doing.
Fun, Growing, Evolving Culture
Prefer not to say (Current Employee), Shoreview,June 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits/culture/growing company/innovative
Cons: some are slower to adapt..
I work at the corporate headquarters in Shoreview. I also support many of the businesses across the nation in the job that I do here. I think that Deluxe is a great place to work, treats it's employees well and has a great moral/work/life balance. There are locations/branches that have gone through some changes, but overall, the company is strong.

I – more... like that i get to have visibility to sr. mgmt, as well as work in a culture of 'working managers', where my manager is engaged in the work as well, not just sitting strategically.

Deluxe has gone through transformation the last few years, and is offering new digital/software services that are new and this has led to some layoffs (who hasn't?), but overall they are growing and hiring!

Benefits are great, culture is fun, fast paced and entrepreneurial. – less
Great workplace with TV in the lunch area
Packer (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 14, 2013
Great workers. Positive environment. I enjoy the fast pace workflow in the manufacturing.

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more