Deluxe

Deluxe Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Holiday Help -- Not As Advertised
Data Entry (Former Employee), Groton, MAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: suburban location
Cons: overhired for position, poor training, lack of compassion & professionalism
Hired for seasonal "holiday card" data entry position for Sept-December. Only had three 40 hour weeks during entire period since they overhired. Spent 90% of time doing customer service and entering business check and Staples orders. Heavy phone support. Every minute of the day calculated down to bathroom breaks. If out more than 3 days in a row out, – more... penalty of losing job. Made to feel stupid by management. Factory mentality -- from the Industrial Revolution! Awful experience. – less
Unorganized working environment.
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: everything else
I wouldn't advise anyone work here unless you have never had experience in a call center environment. You have to be able to deal with their "Deluxe Core Values" that they don't use towards their own customers. The company tricks customers into getting express shipping and being lied to. You can only change it if the customer catches it.
Large company, great learning experience, Fortune 500
Principal Network Engineer / Network Architect III (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: large company, very reputable.
• Worked with CEO and senior leadership team to design and plan a new business venture in the payment processing arena.
• Designed and planned new Hub site during move to new data center.
• Project Manager driving multiple projects.
• Integrated various 3rd party connections for major financial institutions via Internet Based B2B IPSec VPNs and MPLS – more... based VPNs
• Setup HSRP for end user redundancy and network failover.
• Implemented core routers with OC3 andDS3’s to account for bandwidth needs.
• Configured BGP full routes to redundant ISP’s with route-maps to control routes
• Designed and Configured Cisco ASA VPN concentrators to support end user VPN and B2B IPSec VPNs – less
People on the floor are fun and exciting but the work is tedious.
Runner (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHDecember 30, 2013
Pros: over time is available most days and is usually set up by the end of the previous week
Cons: unusual holiday schedules.
Co-workers were fun to be around once you got to know them and the managers are good people. The hardest part of my day was walking or standing on the concrete floor with no mat down. It really hurts the feet.
Great Company overal, replaceable employees
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNDecember 30, 2013
Benefits are great but this specific position you are just a glorified order placer
avoid them at all costs
Logo Artist (Current Employee), Groton, MADecember 30, 2013
Pros: not much
Cons: uncaring culture, terrible management, lying, cheating, cutting hours, promising 1 thing and delivering another
This is the worst company I ever worked at, and I've been at a few bad ones. They lie outright to you in your interview first of all. Don't be fooled. They will put you on temp status and pretend like they want you to work there permanent....there are people who have been "temps" for over a year. They do it so you do not get PTO or any benefits. They – more... said it was a 40 hr week position, which you depend on for living, but they will send you home early if things get slow, or call you and tell you not to come in with no advanced notice. You cannot depend on them if you want a reliable job.

The work itself is drudgery, and they expect you to work like an automaton all day, with no real regard for quality and care about the customer's end of things.

Do yourself a huge favor, and don't suffer through this company like I did, steer clear and find a real job where there is an opportunity to advance (people have been trapped in the same job here for 10-20 years+ and have never been able to move up, making the same low pay they always have). They genuinely have no regard for good quality hard workers and not once was I told "you're doing a great job". They only come around to harass you and tell you when something goes wrong. – less
It provided an income, but no opportunities at all.
Switch Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 27, 2013
Pros: a place to work
Cons: too much nepotism! mangement does not receive any management training.
It provided an income, but no opportunities at all. Very little compensation advancement.

Great learning environment
Graphic Designer Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: job security
Worked as a Graphic Designer Specialist at Deluxe Corporation and was responsible for creating and updating advertisement pieces used in both print and web medias. Applied new design elements to personal and business print ads. Duties also included designing and updating emails for licensed products, which contributed to response and revenue. Created – more... and updated several licensed products, which included products for Warner Brothers, National Parks and Conservation Association and several United States college football teams. – less
Productive and Organized company
Administrative Assistant Sr (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2013
Every day I work on spreadsheets and manage the office. The most enjoyable part of the day is that it is a relaxed work environment with pleasant co-workers
Director, Business Unit Controller
Director, Business Unit Controller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2013
Manufacturer of checks and check accessories. Companies manufacturing operations were moved to location of state after several years of production.
attività accattivante
Segretaria (Former Employee), Corridonia, MARNovember 26, 2013
Gestire clienti e fornitori di uno stilista è molto accattivante, ma una segretaria sta in ufficio e vede il mondo affascinate solo attraverso le mail, i video ed i racconti.

Mi è molto dispiaciuto lasciare questa attività anche se non sono molto per il lavoro d'ufficio, bensì preferisco stare in movimento.
Great job
Printing Press Operator / Shipping Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 22, 2013
Talk to the day shift to see that kind of problems they had with the printing press. Then I would get my stock ready to run in the press, run it and then ship it. I enjoyed working on the printing press. The hardest part of these job was running by my self.
Great Company to work for
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Groton, MANovember 19, 2013
Worked with a group of great people, High stress level job. Offers good training so you are able to do your job well
great life learning experiences
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: lots of o.t, great bonuses, good raises.
at Deluxe I got to learn from the bottom and rose to the top, very fast paced work with lots of walking, climbing and thinking and computer inputting. all supervisors and managers were instrumental in their teachings and I learned a lot from them.
It was a great company while I was there
Facility and EH&S Coordinator (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 19, 2013
I cannot speak for the present, what I am going to say relates to 13+ years ago.

It was an awesome company to work for. The majority of my professional experience, education and training was provided by them, through in-house, as well as outside supplied training, not to mention a wealth of mentors.

The management was extremely employee focused, interactive – more... and job driven. My co-workers were the best you could ask for. They knew their job, shared tips, bonded and worked hard because it was their ethic.

The hardest part of my job was the daily duties of getting the work out on-time and later in my career, making sure all agency compliance was met while keeping the facility and people needs met on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable was the opportunity to work with so many great people, a company that tried to look out for us, great support, with actual training material to use to train people (Not just a Word document, real training material) and a management team that was sharp but cared.

The fact our location closed was due to trends, fewer checks used. I can't fault them for that. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work there for almost 20 years. – less
Customer Service Competitive sales
sales (Current Employee), MassachusettsOctober 17, 2013
8 hours of customer service and sales, you never know what kind of call your going to get. Co-workers are amazing but to the company you are just a number, as quickly as you came in will be as quickly as you can be replaced. What you do is never good enough it's about what else can you do for me.
Inbound customer care center
Financial Services Business Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2013
A typical work day consist of assisting bankers and direct customers with placing check orders for personal or business use. I have learned as a customer service representative that the customer is not aware of what your company has to offer, as a representative it is my duty to educate them and make their call as easy and smooth as possible. I love – more... my co-workers, Deluxe is structured as a family oriented company, and everyone gets along, that is what keeps the moral in the company high. The hardest part of my job is when receiving calls from your peers at the company and they are not aware of process it makes it harder to service the customer and it makes the company appear as if we are not all on one accord. The most enjoyable part of my job is volunteering for the community. I look forward to seeing a smile on someone's face after you have assisted them in a time of need, and that also applies to my position at work. If one of my peers are in need I try to make it my personal responsible to assist them. – less
Good company with good benefits
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Townsend, MASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, easy job responsibilites
Cons: no advancement
Good company and good job but doesn't have room for advancement. Some of the managers shouldn't be in a management position.
Constant Change
Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: restaurants would come in and you can get food on the spot on certain days
Cons: many changes and even when you excelled...oh well
When we first started the calls were a little break in between. I was also hired at $11 an hour plus bonuses for sales. First day told they were no longer going to offer the bonuses! Ugh ok the bens were awesome. About 1 month in the calls were back to back. No break in between. By the end of the day your voice was horse from your 20-30 calls a day – more... to actually being 50-60 calls per day. Some great employees and many that want to back stab you. – less
typical day at work
book-binder (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay was bad
fast-paced, quality minded but minimum wage not well organized

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more