Deluxe

Deluxe Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
avoid them at all costs
Logo Artist (Current Employee), Groton, MADecember 30, 2013
Pros: not much
Cons: uncaring culture, terrible management, lying, cheating, cutting hours, promising 1 thing and delivering another
This is the worst company I ever worked at, and I've been at a few bad ones. They lie outright to you in your interview first of all. Don't be fooled. They will put you on temp status and pretend like they want you to work there permanent....there are people who have been "temps" for over a year. They do it so you do not get PTO or any benefits. They – more... said it was a 40 hr week position, which you depend on for living, but they will send you home early if things get slow, or call you and tell you not to come in with no advanced notice. You cannot depend on them if you want a reliable job.

The work itself is drudgery, and they expect you to work like an automaton all day, with no real regard for quality and care about the customer's end of things.

Do yourself a huge favor, and don't suffer through this company like I did, steer clear and find a real job where there is an opportunity to advance (people have been trapped in the same job here for 10-20 years+ and have never been able to move up, making the same low pay they always have). They genuinely have no regard for good quality hard workers and not once was I told "you're doing a great job". They only come around to harass you and tell you when something goes wrong. – less
It provided an income, but no opportunities at all.
Switch Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 27, 2013
Pros: a place to work
Cons: too much nepotism! mangement does not receive any management training.
It provided an income, but no opportunities at all. Very little compensation advancement.

Great learning environment
Graphic Designer Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: job security
Worked as a Graphic Designer Specialist at Deluxe Corporation and was responsible for creating and updating advertisement pieces used in both print and web medias. Applied new design elements to personal and business print ads. Duties also included designing and updating emails for licensed products, which contributed to response and revenue. Created – more... and updated several licensed products, which included products for Warner Brothers, National Parks and Conservation Association and several United States college football teams. – less
Productive and Organized company
Administrative Assistant Sr (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2013
Every day I work on spreadsheets and manage the office. The most enjoyable part of the day is that it is a relaxed work environment with pleasant co-workers
Director, Business Unit Controller
Director, Business Unit Controller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2013
Manufacturer of checks and check accessories. Companies manufacturing operations were moved to location of state after several years of production.
attività accattivante
Segretaria (Former Employee), Corridonia, MARNovember 26, 2013
Gestire clienti e fornitori di uno stilista è molto accattivante, ma una segretaria sta in ufficio e vede il mondo affascinate solo attraverso le mail, i video ed i racconti.

Mi è molto dispiaciuto lasciare questa attività anche se non sono molto per il lavoro d'ufficio, bensì preferisco stare in movimento.
Great job
Printing Press Operator / Shipping Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 22, 2013
Talk to the day shift to see that kind of problems they had with the printing press. Then I would get my stock ready to run in the press, run it and then ship it. I enjoyed working on the printing press. The hardest part of these job was running by my self.
Great Company to work for
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Groton, MANovember 19, 2013
Worked with a group of great people, High stress level job. Offers good training so you are able to do your job well
great life learning experiences
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: lots of o.t, great bonuses, good raises.
at Deluxe I got to learn from the bottom and rose to the top, very fast paced work with lots of walking, climbing and thinking and computer inputting. all supervisors and managers were instrumental in their teachings and I learned a lot from them.
It was a great company while I was there
Facility and EH&S Coordinator (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 19, 2013
I cannot speak for the present, what I am going to say relates to 13+ years ago.

It was an awesome company to work for. The majority of my professional experience, education and training was provided by them, through in-house, as well as outside supplied training, not to mention a wealth of mentors.

The management was extremely employee focused, interactive – more... and job driven. My co-workers were the best you could ask for. They knew their job, shared tips, bonded and worked hard because it was their ethic.

The hardest part of my job was the daily duties of getting the work out on-time and later in my career, making sure all agency compliance was met while keeping the facility and people needs met on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable was the opportunity to work with so many great people, a company that tried to look out for us, great support, with actual training material to use to train people (Not just a Word document, real training material) and a management team that was sharp but cared.

The fact our location closed was due to trends, fewer checks used. I can't fault them for that. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work there for almost 20 years. – less
Customer Service Competitive sales
sales (Current Employee), MassachusettsOctober 17, 2013
8 hours of customer service and sales, you never know what kind of call your going to get. Co-workers are amazing but to the company you are just a number, as quickly as you came in will be as quickly as you can be replaced. What you do is never good enough it's about what else can you do for me.
Inbound customer care center
Financial Services Business Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 16, 2013
A typical work day consist of assisting bankers and direct customers with placing check orders for personal or business use. I have learned as a customer service representative that the customer is not aware of what your company has to offer, as a representative it is my duty to educate them and make their call as easy and smooth as possible. I love – more... my co-workers, Deluxe is structured as a family oriented company, and everyone gets along, that is what keeps the moral in the company high. The hardest part of my job is when receiving calls from your peers at the company and they are not aware of process it makes it harder to service the customer and it makes the company appear as if we are not all on one accord. The most enjoyable part of my job is volunteering for the community. I look forward to seeing a smile on someone's face after you have assisted them in a time of need, and that also applies to my position at work. If one of my peers are in need I try to make it my personal responsible to assist them. – less
Good company with good benefits
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Townsend, MASeptember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, easy job responsibilites
Cons: no advancement
Good company and good job but doesn't have room for advancement. Some of the managers shouldn't be in a management position.
Constant Change
Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: restaurants would come in and you can get food on the spot on certain days
Cons: many changes and even when you excelled...oh well
When we first started the calls were a little break in between. I was also hired at $11 an hour plus bonuses for sales. First day told they were no longer going to offer the bonuses! Ugh ok the bens were awesome. About 1 month in the calls were back to back. No break in between. By the end of the day your voice was horse from your 20-30 calls a day – more... to actually being 50-60 calls per day. Some great employees and many that want to back stab you. – less
typical day at work
book-binder (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: pay was bad
fast-paced, quality minded but minimum wage not well organized
Great Hours and Nice Pay
Data entry of all orders coming in over MFI (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: paid vacations and sick days. benifits
Cons: short breaks and sometimes having to leave for lunch 30 minutes late
Entering Orders for our customers. Fixing mistakes on ordered checks. I learned how to handle customers with kindness and care. How to fix the mistakes made and do it as quickly as I can. I learned how to use different computer programs all at the same time.
Management was not overly friendly, was very difficult to speak to. They didn't ask question – more... to make sure that understood you.
Dealing with management and the favoritism.
I got to speak to people all over the U.S. Hear a little about there lives and their business. – less
lots of employee/family gatherings outside of the call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2013
very difficult to leave work if you have family emergencies.
Wonderful company to work for
Computer Operator Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: co-workers were like family
Cons: working the night shift when i had to.
I learned Job Control Language (JCL) to be able to be the computer operator for Deluxe Check Printers which was the original name before changing to Deluxe Corporation. I was the only computer operator at first until we had a 24 hour, 7 day a week crew of 6 people to cover 3 shifts. Each day I ran billing for our region, then once a week I did payroll, – more... plus weekly sales, and monthly sales. I used a mainframe IBM computer system to produce the payroll, billing, and sales reports. I had to key up cards in order to run the JCL through the card reader to run the programs that produced these reports. My co-workers were of a variety of ethnic cultures so it made it very interesting atmosphere to be involved. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the schedule that Adminstration wanted billing, sales, and payroll done by each month. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, we had work so long together it was like family at work. – less
Good Company but diminishing product line
Machine Operator II (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: simple work that can keep you busy for an entire shift
Cons: laid back management sometimes makes change difficult
Deluxe has a minimum quantity requirement for daily productions that is relatively easy to attain.
We have many printing and binding machines to operate as well as a mailing system and manual packing that all have a daily goal.
We have a fairly laid back management crew and most are easy to approach with problems and concerns.
Hardest part of the job – more... is showing up on time. If you can get to work on time you'll have a job until we quit printing.
There are plenty of jobs to learn but moving up is often difficult because once an operator is certified they have to retire, quit or expire before the next position is available and as showing up is the hard part, most are not inclined to leave. – less
Hardworking and friendly workplace.
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thorofare, NJ 08086August 6, 2013
My job at Deluxe was a great experience. I was able to assist customers to products to help promote their business and any forms or products they need to conduct their business. The management was very helpful with any questions or solutions. My co-workers were supportive and very easy to work with.

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more