Deluxe

Deluxe Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company to work for, and wish I was able to stay longer!
Senior Methods & Procedures Analyst (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILDecember 16, 2014
In my years at Deluxe I worked in many different roles, but the best part was being part of the Regional Production Staff.
Enjoyed the work, accepted the restrictions
Universal Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2014
Pros: work is not very hard
Cons: repetitve, mediocre pay, stringent security
Overall, this was not a bad job. Most of your co-workers are easy to get along with, but there is not much time for talking. Calls are almost incessant and breaks are short. I recommend taking your trips to the head during your breaks, BTW. You can go during time on the line, but if you do it too much it will come back to bite you.

The worst part of – more... the job is you always have to keep in mind that if you get an irate customer, they are not really yelling at you but at the problem. Recognize they have a right to be upset and then ask for their help and more often than not they will calm down. Otherwise, most of your customers are pretty easy to help.

I learned a good deal about the once essential bank check. There have been a great many changes in their construction and added security features. But, even though this company has been printing them for over a century, I think their days are numbered. This probably why they are branching out into the business supplies industry.

One thing to remember, security of information is serious business when you are dealing with customer's banking, credit card, and contact info. There are many physical security protocols that are necessary and are enforced along with the internal network security.

Managers seemed to be pretty nice, but they, as we all were, slaves to the mighty KPIs. Much of what you had to say was scripted and call times and customer count, according to the Quality Control agents, had to maintained at a pretty high level of performance. If something was not right, you were sure to hear about it. – less
Cost Reduction has devastated the culture.
Deluxe Employee (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNDecember 8, 2014
Deluxe was once a great company to work for. As electronic payments became more prevalent, their core business has become a dying product. As a result, they need to take cost out of their business, as a large component of showing revenue stabilization. Unfortunately the continuous cost reduction has had a huge impact on the culture of the company. The – more... people I worked alongside of are the greatest asset of this company. Unfortunately the number of these great assets have declined over time, which ultimately have had a big impact on the bottom line in the Financial Services segment.

I am grateful for the many years I had with this company. They were truly a great company to work for at one time. Unfortunately cost takeout has become more important than customer/client focus, and their employees. The culture is non-existent, as employees struggle to balance work & home life, as there's fewer and fewer employees to handle all of the work. – less
REALLY CAN GET FAR THIS JOB
BED BATH N BEYOND (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK CONSIST OF ME MAKING SURE EVERYONE GETS THERE ITEMS ON TIME, WHAT I LEARNED AT WORK WAS HOW TO USE POWER POINT TO THE FULLEST , THE MANAGEMENT WASN'T REALLY THAT GREAT HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS BUT I MAD IT WORK , MY CO WORKERS WAS THE BEST PART OF MY DAY , BECAUSE EVERYONE BROUGHT A DIFFERENT ENERGY TO THE TABLE.
Great people
Sr. Growth Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Groton, MAOctober 12, 2014
The people are wonderful at Deluxe and the culture makes it a good place to work.
An alright place to work if you can handle call center environment and sales
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great incentives, coworkers and managers
Cons: strapped to a phone all day, hard to advance unless you have lots of experience
Overall I've always been treated very well. Since I started training I've been given nothing but positive feedback and they've always tried to encourage and push me forward. Benefits and incentives are great if you are motivated. The call center environment and sales focus is hard for me. I've never been a sales person but was doing well until about – more... a year ago when they changed the model to help promote more marketing services. This is GREAT for the company, but hard for me not being a sales person. I've been trying for over a year and a half to advance in the company but it's hard with so many other qualified candidates in the call center. Recently they just started a development program to help the motivated people to move forward but now people fear about layoffs which I've seen in other reviews.... – less
short breaks and lunches
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches during customer service week
Cons: how the accuracy can cost you your job
did check printing customer service and verify the kind of check and what was to be printed on the check.
What I learned that checks come in different designs and colors different fonts. management was good tried to help when can and the co workers was friendly great to know. The hardest part of the job was the accuracy check orders can be changed and – more... could effect your accuracy. Most enjoyable was the Christmas party every year – less
Deluxe is a decent company to work for. The compensation is adequate and the benefits are fairly standard.
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Deluxe as a whole isn't the best place to work nor the worst. They are fairly old fashioned as far as work place environment but they're a company which is going places lately as they've switched gears from primarily checks to marketing services. All in all my work time at Deluxe was so-so.
Sales
PARTNER ( Sales REP ) (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Responded to 50-60 inbound calls daily.
• Responsible for quality control in regards to customer experience
• Up-sold and cross-sold merchandise and logos for businesses
• Recommended add-ons to increase sales
• Was recognized as the top Salesman every month reaching 800k a year.
• Recognized by Chief Executive Level for
An paper-age business struggling to adapt to an IT world
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible work day, decent benefits
Cons: lack of clear vision, old-school ways of business thinking
As Deluxe attempts to transform into an e-commerce platform provider, it is flailing through some growing pains. The company has lofty goals for its IT services, but has not found a viable model for interaction between its business stakeholders and IT department. Until that relationship gets sorted out, the IT department will continually be looked at – more... as an expense rather than an asset. – less
good benefits
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: no advancements
Ran the cafeteria, did the cooking, cleaning, inventory control, ordering. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day.
100 year old company trying to develop new products to stay relevant
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: still trying to reinvent itself
Great employees but constant lay-offs and changing environment.
Data driven work environment
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: declining industry
Great place to work if you are data driven and want to take accountability for your work.
The hardest part was the fact that checks are a declining industry.
There are a lot of learning opportunities if you take initiative.
A nightmare please run from
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsAugust 12, 2014
Pros: can schedule around family apointments, ect.
Cons: frequent write ups, final write ups and firings. not worth the application
A typical day on your first two weeks is a honeymoon. Your treated well, given a computer to play with, make friends, long breaks and lunches. Then the nightmare starts when you get out of training on to your assigned team. You have a minimum revenue and conversion to meet, as stated with some other revues, getting people to spend $100 or more on checks – more... is taxing, and you end up loosing a lot of calls. Then there is the "dirty" gates. And despite what management tells you, you get a lot of them. Meaning customer calls in on a order gate and just wants to know how many checks in a box, then hangs up. Your responsible to sell that customer.
Between day 60 and 90 of your new career at this company, you or your classmates will be written up for various things like conversion, revenue, being 10 seconds late from lunch. And yes it will happen. Then you will notice many people who were in your training class will either quit or be fired. The attrition rate at this company is a joke. Management lies to your face, writes you up and then your walked out. To give you an idea, they hire at least 3-4 times a year to replenish the ranks.
Believe me when I tell you, if your just looking for some extra cash for a few months, FANTASTIC, but if your looking to stay, look elsewhere for a company who really does care about you and your skills. – less
Post production work in Northern NJ
Digital Media Coordinator / Client Services (Former Employee), Northvale, NJAugust 12, 2014
An opportunity to get your foot in the door. There are not many places that do feature film post production work on the Jersey side. This is one of the few.
Advantages and disadvantages of a call center job
INSIDE SMALL BUSINESS SALES REP (Current Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free checks, discount products and services they offer.
Cons: all day phone accountability with minimal breaks
It is a call center so I am tied to the phones all day. I enjoy talking and listening to the businesses and helping them in any way I can to grow or maintain their business with the products and services that Deluxe has to offer. I am in Deluxe's Ambassador program which helps educate and introduce possible new hires what the day and life as a Deluxe – more... employee is all about. I get an importunity to talk to many people throughout my day in all walks of life. Very interesting to hear about their line of work, how they have made their business so successful and the challenges they have had to overcome through out their years. I enjoy the interaction I have with people. Being on the phones all day doesnt give us the opportunity to be social with our co workers a lot of the time, although I have developed a great relationship with them in this past 1 1/2 years of working there. We do work in a team environment so we provide encouragement to each other. We have sales contests we strive for , incentive bonus as well as other spiffs that the Company may be offer, like Sporting event tickets, concerts, and Deluxe reward points for merchandise shopping. I strive to be a good listener, meet the needs of my customers and provide them with the best customer satisfaction I can under the Deluxe way! I respect my mangers, follow the Company policies, and have a great attendance record. I enjoy a more personal face to face interaction with people rather then on the phones. – less
Job that could not keep up with the times
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNJuly 23, 2014
Selling checks and checking products to small business customers.

Management who did little to nothing to assist you. Managers spent on average around 6 hours per day in "meetings"

Promotions not based on performance, rather on gender.
overall a fun place to work with many pleasant co-workers
Customer Service/Customer Support Rep (Former Employee), Groton, MAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co cookout or outings once a yr
Cons: short lunch hr could never find a mgr when needed
I had 8 fax machines spitting out orders all day long. Sorted and delivered them to the coorrect departments. Ordered dept supplies. sorted all incoming mail and delivered to correct dept. Tracked lost orders and handled returns. I learned how to be a successful multi tasker. I earned respect from all of management because I took pride in my job. I – more... was liked by all my co-workers and known to them as the "go to person". I was most happy when I was extremely busy and complimented all the time for being laid back and handled pressure so well – less
Great Employee Rewards
Universal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2014
Read Verbatim Scripts to new/ existing clients. Use descriptive words to select a check design,
Deluxe is one of the companies that does what it can for their employees.
Customer Satisfaction Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: the entire job from my co-workers to management
Cons: being laid off
Working for Deluxe was a wonderful experience. I had a lot of growth and ended up in a position taking supervisor calls. I enjoyed the people I worked with including the management. I was with Deluxe 9 years and planned on retiring with the company.

The hardest thing about working at Deluxe was being laid off. MY world was turned upside down. The thought – more... of not going into work at Deluxe was unimaginable.

I learned a lot in my 9 years with Deluxe and it was one of the best companies I have worked for. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Deluxe

Throughout the years we've built a reputation as a company that combines innovation with integrity. We're a dynamic organization – Read more