Delta

Delta Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent company!!!
airline captain (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
delta airlines is an excellent company to work with and for. they are very consumer and employee driven airline and have a wonderful safety record .Honesty and sound business practices are at the core of the company's foundation.
Best Company ever
Airport Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: where do i start
The work day would consist of aiding customers on the check-in process. This consisted of typing, analyzing flights, and ensuring that customers are checking in properly on the flights.
Sr. Coordinator - Human Resources Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
I started at Delta when I was 21 years old. You can say I grew up there. I've held a number of positions where I was promoted each time. It's a lot of hard work but it was fun.
Very nice place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJune 19, 2014
Pros: accomodating, flexible, good working environment
Cons: limited benefits
Very nice place to work
Able to work independently and great team work.
Can be fast paced but can also have very slow times.
Frequently learning new things
Frustrating dealing with insurance companies
Enjoy helping people
Fun easy going work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTJune 19, 2014
My only problem was distance from home other than that its a great experience to work for delta.
productive active work place
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: good work enviornment all together
Cons: peek season is challenging while bearing the weather
A typical work day consist of loading and off loading planes
Ive gained two aditional years of mannual labor
My co- workers are easy to get along with, as I am a people person.
The most challenging part of this job would be the weather and working in it.
Flying around the world as a perk from working here would be the highlight.
It was a great place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2014
Pros: being able to travel, meeting people
Cons: stressful, passengers can be difficult
Things have changed dramatically since 911. Very hard to non-rev on flights as an employee. You have to like stress, getting yelled at, and dealing with unhappy people. There are good points but there is a lot of stress.
We had no activities, I worked in two different office for the same compnay.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJune 19, 2014
Pros: i had no breaks and no lunch perios, ate in between jobs.
Cons: no health care benefits.
My hours were limited to work, their were no activities besides my job.
Cargo Manager
Manager/Station Trainer (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 17, 2014
Pros: learning programs, meet interesting new people
Cons: benefits, hours
Delta use to be the largest Airlines to transport more cargo and mail than any other Airline. Here in Jackson, we moved over 800,000 pounds of freight each year. Than they went contract and 9/11 happen and the numbers dropped. Been a part of this team, taught me how to increase our shipping and receiving by introducing Customers to new shipping programs – more... to better serve their needs with a much cheater price. Once the station went contract, we went from handling 25 flights a day to 12 flights a day. That had a major impact on shipping sales and routes for our Customers. I learned to be created in order to keep the trust of our Customers by explaining options and giving them the choice to choose what better suits their needs. – less
Stable, Comfortable Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of answering inbound telephone calls in a call center environment regarding live animals, human remains, international and domestic freight as well as general inquiries. In my time with Delta, I learned to be comfortable and settle into the business providing exemplary customer service. The management was consistent, – more... considerate and knowledgeable. My co-workers were incredible in their assistance of customers, as well as one another, with their kind, professional demeanor. The hardest part of the job was answering inquiries regarding live animals. Not that it was unpleasant, but it was the largest volume of calls and the information changed or varied constantly which sometimes made it difficult to keep up with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie between customer service representatives and management, including upper management - there always seemed to be plenty of smiling faces and enjoyable connections. – less
Productive and a fun place to work
Supply Attendant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: the flight benefits
Cons: the changes in health benefits
A typical day at work with Delta Air Lines is part ordering, receiving, stocking, shipping, packaging parts as well as maintaining inventory control. Handling of Hazardous Martials,Interactions with Mechanics, FAA, Ramp. Cargo, and vendor management.

Every day is a learning experience with the every changing of technology.

The most enjoyable part – more... of my job is the challenges day to day of multi tasking and prioritizing. – less
Horrible/Reservation and Sales Agent (Work at Home)
Reservation Sales and Service Agent(W@H) (Former Employee), CincinnatiJune 14, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: pay
Horrible company to work for I was a work at home agent they took $1.50 off the hour when I became a work at home agent. It did not bother me at 1st because of the bonus. They then after being home about 3 months changed me and my entire class to another unit where the bonus was impossible to make. No adult can live off Delta base pay. This was a shocker – more... if it was not for the bonus I would not have been able to make it. – less
Enjoyed working at Delta
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJune 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: working nights with children at home
I was an international reservation agent. Worked with great people. I enjoyed relating to the customers. I enjoy traveling and helping people get their travel plans set up was fun.
Very Productive
Baggage Claim Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: customers being rude
Talking with customer helping them locate there baggage and filing claims
Friendly work enviorment with supportive co workers
Airport Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: free flight benefits, working with the communties
In the six years total I worked for Delta Airlines, I can say I was treated with a kindness and respect you wouldn't from such a large company. Most work days consisted of a lot of team work and step by step communication, which was easy to do with when you work with people who love their jobs. Management was very hands on and had open door policies – more... so it was easy to discuss anything that was bothering you wither is was personal or work related. I would have to say that my favorite part of working for Delta was getting to participate in the fundraisers to raise money for the community. – less
Great place to work.
Customer Service Rep/ Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 12, 2014
Pros: we to fly anywhere in the world for free.
Cons: advancement opportunities were not the greatest.
Delta was exciting and challenging as well. I have always been fascinated with airplanes and it was a fun place to work. The hardest part of the job was having to work in the elements year round. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was getting to meet to different celebrities and VIPS.
non stop maintenance
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: alot of schools at your discretion
Cons: 11 different a/c models coming and going non stop
typical day is a very busy on the line maintenance , alot of flights coming in and out. You have excess to alot of references and manuals to get your a/c back in service.The hardest part is knowing up to 11 different aircraft coming to your gates.the best part is working on the latest and greatest aircraft in service.
summary
Skymiles Elite Reservationist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 10, 2014
i learned to not trust management and that dont expect too many opportunities to advance unliess you are related to someone in managemanet.
The most enjoyable part was the flight benefits.
Flying as a line pilot for a major airline
Captain (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: saw a great deal of america
Cons: away from home too much of the time
It was a wonderful career and now I've moved on and look forward to helping our growing elderly cohort in better dealing with issues associated with health care.
Urbana
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2014
Love working for this company great company. Would recommend to anyone. Great managers and life balance.

About Delta

Delta Air Lines, Inc. (Delta) is an air carrier that provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo worldwide. – Read more