Delta

Delta Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Full time job and looking for part-time evening and weekend work
Domestic/International Pricing- Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
Review data and make pricing decisions based on the data. I work Monday through Friday 830pm to 530pm.
Productive and fulfilling work environment with such amazing people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee), NAIA Terminal 1 PHJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free food whenever theres an occasion
Cons: sleepless nights, delayed flights
Typical Day at work :

Handling check in baggage, lost and misplaced baggage, delayed flights, unaccompanied minors, and helping passengers to get through everything.

What you Learned :

Patience.

Management :

Nothing compares

Co workers :

Great and amazing people to work with.

Hardest part of the Job :

Sleepless nights

Most enjoyable part of – more... the job :

I got to meet new people ( different race and cultures ) , time management, multi tasking. – less
Delta provided employment benefits among the highest in the airline industry.
Resservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: travel benefits, health coverage, excellent atosphere to use my professional customer service skills.
Cons: the travel time and distance to and from the work place.
In a typical day's work, I was responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with as fast possible service.While at Delta, I learned to multitask proficiently in telecommunications while navigating several websites at once. I found the team work atmosphere to excellent. and enjoyable. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the long and time – more... consuming commute to and from the work place. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction I gained from knowing and seeing the investment of my professional customer service skills in repeat client business time and time again. – less
Travel
Flight Attendant, Flight Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2014
Providing customer service in the air. Traveling from different cities. Working and experiencing different cultures. Being proficient in medical equipment.
Over all needs better strategy planning and guidance
Gate/Ticketing Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: flying for free
Cons: sometimes we don't get breaks, highly stressful job, not enough workers for operational needs, favoritism, not paid enough.
As a current agent at Delta Airlines, I have definitely learned how to better communicate with others -- especially those from different cultural backgrounds. Through my own cultural lense, I have learned to expand my sensitivity to those I am helping. Being a customer service agent at an airport has given me the ability to expand my patience, gain – more... opposing perceptions, and have better understandings of what is being asked of not only myself, but my company as a whole.

There isn't a typical day at work in the airline industry. Days vary depending on weather, mechanical issues, and a variety of different people who collide in a stressed environment.

The management in the Houston branch is scattered and there isn't much support for frontline employees, such as myself. It, in turn, makes our job very difficult and stressful. Management talks about change, but doesn't follow through.

The hardest part of my job is that we don't have good management. At the end of the day, any and every job can be stressful in its own right, but not having the necessary tools and resources to complete our tasks makes everything more intensified.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building good, trusting relationships with my fellow co-workers and helping customers get where they need to go without negative experience. – less
Great beginner job for Reservation Sales Rep
Reservation Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: friendly, supportive, flexible team. fly free, great benefits package
Cons: low pay
1 mth paid training that you must pass in order to be hired permanently. Answer customer calls & look up flight schedules as well as book flights. 60 plus calls per 8 hr shift. Very easy environment to work in, flexible with scheduling. Co workers are team players & professional. Always fly free in USA! Great benefits package as well. Organized company – more... with great management team! – less
Great company to work for
Ramp and baggage handler (Current Employee), ColumbusJuly 10, 2014
Its very physical work but very rewarding. Delta has great benefits.
Very Fast Pace work environment but safety is a must.
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work with me is being over a team of employees with the task of completing unloading and loading the bins of aircrafts safely in a time given. Each day I learn more and more how to be over employees, make my work ethic even better, and doing anything and everything to make my job that I do great and advance in the company. My co-workers – more... are amazing and make my job fun to do. Hardest part of the job is making sure safety is in affect while having to listen and tell employes all at the same time what to do. But I feel is an awesome asset it makes my ability to do one or more things at once an advantage to my skill set. Most enjoyable part is to know that I'm a person that is known for a very good completion of job, very respected while doing my job and great with my co-workers. – less
delta
Customer Care (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: trusting your self, nothing is the same, meeting new people
Cons: solving 90% of passenger problems on your own
Everyday is an experince. Working at the airport anything can happen. Working alone as well as working with a group of people to reslove an issue. You have to think quick and know how to handle all tasks that comes your way.
Great company
Airport Customer Service/Gate Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Cons: senority based
Great company........................................................................................................
Fun Place, but can get very tiring on the body, being well rested is a MUST
Airport Customer Service/Tow Operator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flight benefits, health care
Cons: short breaks, inadequate pay
Love the people I work with, a very close group who looks out for eachother. Never a dull day, always busy, always moving, sometimes too much. Eating on the go, walking up to 3-4 miles a day sometimes, constantly switching from task to task. Regardless, great place to be for advancement, great benefits, just not too great on the compensation.
Great place to work and great groups of people.
Process Quality Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Management is great. Great team of employees and great associate to work with.
Fun, Fast Paced Learning Environment - Great Benefits
Customer Service & Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: low salary
I loved working here, Lots of room for advancement and training.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Supervisor and Trainer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 30, 2014
Pros: people, customers, pay, vacation, employees
Best job you could have. Work day was getting planes out on time and resolving customer issues. Advanced management skills, Co-workers were excellent, hardest part of job was security after 9/11, co-workers were great.
Great Job
Airport Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FloridaJune 28, 2014
Great job with a lot of opportunity to move forward in your career if you are willing to relocate.
Delta has whatever you're looking for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: free flights for your immediate family
Cons: rough work schedules until you build seniority to bid better shifts
Whether you only want a part time job with great perks (flight benefits), or you want a long-term career, you can get what you want at Delta.
Good place for knowledge tranfer
Senior Java / SOA developer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
Yes this a good place to work i can say and a the people around here are very nice and supportive and helpful in all the aspects
excellent company!!!
airline captain (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2014
delta airlines is an excellent company to work with and for. they are very consumer and employee driven airline and have a wonderful safety record .Honesty and sound business practices are at the core of the company's foundation.
Best Company ever
Airport Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: where do i start
The work day would consist of aiding customers on the check-in process. This consisted of typing, analyzing flights, and ensuring that customers are checking in properly on the flights.
Sr. Coordinator - Human Resources Services (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2014
I started at Delta when I was 21 years old. You can say I grew up there. I've held a number of positions where I was promoted each time. It's a lot of hard work but it was fun.

About Delta

Delta Air Lines, Inc. (Delta) is an air carrier that provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo worldwide. – Read more