Delta

Delta Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Online Customer Service supervisor (Former Employee), Montego Bay JamaicaDecember 31, 2012
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is getting up early in the morning doing a three hour drive to reach my destination and doing the same amount of time back to where i started and repeating the process until the day is over.

I have learned to be patient and humble.

Management is not patient but he takes time out for his workers if they are in need.

My co-workers – more... are like family

The hardest part of the job is when there is a problem with the vehicle and i have persons depending on me to reach their destination on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have a staff party. – less
Great place can be hetic sometimes
that guy (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 20, 2012
Pros: benefits if you sign up for them. usually above avg wage.
Cons: usually long hours without breaks, not enough staff
Great people to work with, Not always up to date with our tools to serve our guests though.
Like any restaurant / hotel job there are ups and downs. This particular place doesn't have a high turn over rate though which is nice and management is usually pretty understanding.
Overall an amazing company and happy to have had the experience
Administrative Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2012
Pros: an exciting place and always meeting new faces (airport environment)
An amazing work culture. I enjoyed and learned so much in my eleven years with Delta. It is true... the modo at Delta was (The Delta Family) and that is exactly how we as employees all felt.
An exciting place to work which allows you to travel.
Customer Service Agent / Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2012
I enjoyed learning more in depth about the industry while I was going to school for it. The free flights did not hurt either.
Human Resources
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
• Assisted professional/technical staff in research, analysis, and data entry
• Prepared statistical reports, department correspondence, and customer conflict resolution
• Maintained office records
its a fast pace place
customer service (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: if your not willing to work it will take a toll on you
you work hard and keep busy. i enjoyed working with the other employees
Delta Airlines
Ramp Agent/ Baggage and Cargo Handler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at Delta consists of directing airplanes to gates, as well as loading and unloading baggage and cargo.
I learned how to direct airplanes into and out the gate.
Co-workers are great, very hardworking and everyone pulls their own.
The hardest part of the job is working in extreme weather conditions.
The best part is getting to meet new people – more... all the time and make sure we finish everything on time. – less
Business Assurance Co-Op (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2014
Great company to work for. Work Life balance is really valued here.
Full time job and looking for part-time evening and weekend work
Domestic/International Pricing- Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
Review data and make pricing decisions based on the data. I work Monday through Friday 830pm to 530pm.
Productive and fulfilling work environment with such amazing people to work with.
Internship (Former Employee), NAIA Terminal 1 PHJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free food whenever theres an occasion
Cons: sleepless nights, delayed flights
Typical Day at work :

Handling check in baggage, lost and misplaced baggage, delayed flights, unaccompanied minors, and helping passengers to get through everything.

What you Learned :

Patience.

Management :

Nothing compares

Co workers :

Great and amazing people to work with.

Hardest part of the Job :

Sleepless nights

Most enjoyable part of – more... the job :

I got to meet new people ( different race and cultures ) , time management, multi tasking. – less
Delta provided employment benefits among the highest in the airline industry.
Resservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: travel benefits, health coverage, excellent atosphere to use my professional customer service skills.
Cons: the travel time and distance to and from the work place.
In a typical day's work, I was responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with as fast possible service.While at Delta, I learned to multitask proficiently in telecommunications while navigating several websites at once. I found the team work atmosphere to excellent. and enjoyable. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the long and time – more... consuming commute to and from the work place. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction I gained from knowing and seeing the investment of my professional customer service skills in repeat client business time and time again. – less
Travel
Flight Attendant, Flight Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2014
Providing customer service in the air. Traveling from different cities. Working and experiencing different cultures. Being proficient in medical equipment.
Over all needs better strategy planning and guidance
Gate/Ticketing Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: flying for free
Cons: sometimes we don't get breaks, highly stressful job, not enough workers for operational needs, favoritism, not paid enough.
As a current agent at Delta Airlines, I have definitely learned how to better communicate with others -- especially those from different cultural backgrounds. Through my own cultural lense, I have learned to expand my sensitivity to those I am helping. Being a customer service agent at an airport has given me the ability to expand my patience, gain – more... opposing perceptions, and have better understandings of what is being asked of not only myself, but my company as a whole.

There isn't a typical day at work in the airline industry. Days vary depending on weather, mechanical issues, and a variety of different people who collide in a stressed environment.

The management in the Houston branch is scattered and there isn't much support for frontline employees, such as myself. It, in turn, makes our job very difficult and stressful. Management talks about change, but doesn't follow through.

The hardest part of my job is that we don't have good management. At the end of the day, any and every job can be stressful in its own right, but not having the necessary tools and resources to complete our tasks makes everything more intensified.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building good, trusting relationships with my fellow co-workers and helping customers get where they need to go without negative experience. – less
Great beginner job for Reservation Sales Rep
Reservation Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: friendly, supportive, flexible team. fly free, great benefits package
Cons: low pay
1 mth paid training that you must pass in order to be hired permanently. Answer customer calls & look up flight schedules as well as book flights. 60 plus calls per 8 hr shift. Very easy environment to work in, flexible with scheduling. Co workers are team players & professional. Always fly free in USA! Great benefits package as well. Organized company – more... with great management team! – less
Great company to work for
Ramp and baggage handler (Current Employee), ColumbusJuly 10, 2014
Its very physical work but very rewarding. Delta has great benefits.
Very Fast Pace work environment but safety is a must.
RAMP AGENT (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work with me is being over a team of employees with the task of completing unloading and loading the bins of aircrafts safely in a time given. Each day I learn more and more how to be over employees, make my work ethic even better, and doing anything and everything to make my job that I do great and advance in the company. My co-workers – more... are amazing and make my job fun to do. Hardest part of the job is making sure safety is in affect while having to listen and tell employes all at the same time what to do. But I feel is an awesome asset it makes my ability to do one or more things at once an advantage to my skill set. Most enjoyable part is to know that I'm a person that is known for a very good completion of job, very respected while doing my job and great with my co-workers. – less
delta
Customer Care (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: trusting your self, nothing is the same, meeting new people
Cons: solving 90% of passenger problems on your own
Everyday is an experince. Working at the airport anything can happen. Working alone as well as working with a group of people to reslove an issue. You have to think quick and know how to handle all tasks that comes your way.
Great company
Airport Customer Service/Gate Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Cons: senority based
Great company........................................................................................................
Fun Place, but can get very tiring on the body, being well rested is a MUST
Airport Customer Service/Tow Operator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flight benefits, health care
Cons: short breaks, inadequate pay
Love the people I work with, a very close group who looks out for eachother. Never a dull day, always busy, always moving, sometimes too much. Eating on the go, walking up to 3-4 miles a day sometimes, constantly switching from task to task. Regardless, great place to be for advancement, great benefits, just not too great on the compensation.
Great place to work and great groups of people.
Process Quality Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 3, 2014
Management is great. Great team of employees and great associate to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Delta

Delta Air Lines, Inc. (Delta) is an air carrier that provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo worldwide. – Read more