Delta

Delta Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place can be hetic sometimes
that guy (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 20, 2012
Pros: benefits if you sign up for them. usually above avg wage.
Cons: usually long hours without breaks, not enough staff
Great people to work with, Not always up to date with our tools to serve our guests though.
Like any restaurant / hotel job there are ups and downs. This particular place doesn't have a high turn over rate though which is nice and management is usually pretty understanding.
Overall an amazing company and happy to have had the experience
Administrative Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2012
Pros: an exciting place and always meeting new faces (airport environment)
An amazing work culture. I enjoyed and learned so much in my eleven years with Delta. It is true... the modo at Delta was (The Delta Family) and that is exactly how we as employees all felt.
Reservations officer
Reservations officer (Former Employee), SingaporeSeptember 12, 2014
I worked as a sales representative at Delta Air Lines in Singapore in a multi-lingual and multi-cultural environment.
I mainly handled enquiries about ticket prices, aircrafts, promotions and campaigns over the phone for travel agencies, corporate and general clients in the Japanese and U.S. markets.
I also provided accurate and effective reservations – more... process for ticketing and schedule changes to customers, and resolve issues by providing alternative solutions.
Working in this environment gave me the opportunity to work as an individual and be self-motivated.
The hardest part of my previous job is to handle customer or passenger complaints. Some customers lose control of themselves.
The enjoyable part is that we had lots of company events, such as Halloween and Christmas. On that day, the manager or director gave us some gifts. – less
Airline Industry
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 5, 2014
You are constantly running from gate to gate working flights. Customers are very demanding, and sometimes threatening. I learned how the airline industry works and what it takes to make a single flight go out each day. The hardest part of my job was being timed on everything you do, and if something went wrong someone was getting blamed. Over all this – more... job is most suitable for college students needing a part time job or someone with VERY flexible work schedule. – less
Ramp agent
Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
great way to manage weight as you continually work either in your area or helping your neighbors dangerous if you don't pay attention
free flights
Lobby Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: low wages
free flights dsfygdshhggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggfds
Great working place, lots of challenges that i loved
Delta Ramp Agent/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), New York. NYAugust 31, 2014
Typical day at work was based on how many flights were scheduled for the day. I learned a lot about teamwork at this job. Each day was filled with challenges but I really enjoy challenges makes the work easier.
fun
Customer Service Agent/Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 30, 2014
great place to work at! Great benefits and enjoying atmosphere! asdfasfasdfasdfsfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
Productive fun place to work
Lead a team (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2014
A typical day at work starts with the supervisor dividing the employees into teams of 4. He usually puts someone in charge of the team. Each team would then have to work 4 or 5 flights per shift.
Hope you don't land in the HR department
HR (Former Employee), Corporate HR in AtlantaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria, gym, decent people outside of management
Cons: some employee have low educational skills and therefore can't deal intelligently with conflict, parts of the culture are more like a cult, poor technology and skills. they do not reward based on performance just favoratism.
Any other area of the company would be good, but not under the HR umbrella. Anytime leaders have been in place for 35 years, but have never had to earn degrees or learn how to manage people you're going to have problems. There are power hungry females that will end your career with Delta in a heartbeat if you even speak up. They have been labeled "golden" – more... because someone recommended them and they were awarded to "__ Club."The culture is to put people in a position just because they've "done their time" or are able to kiss butt, not because they have proven skills to perform within the position.

There is a severe lack of technology overall in the company and so employees consequently use what would be considered primitive with the outside world. They don't try anything new and have no idea what Quality work looks like, all they want is speed.

The head of the department is very nice, but has a wall around her so she's not seeing what's really going on. I think she needs to put something in place to identify issue where people aren't scared that they will be retaliated against for speaking up against Manager abuses of power. Exit interviews could be put in place for not only full time, but contract employees to identify problems in the department.After witnessing a co-worker reading fiction novels at her desk for hours on end, every day I was shocked. – less
delta
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 28, 2014
I traveled the world and saw places I would have never seen otherwise!
LOVED IT
Delta ticketing agent (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: everything
Caught a lot of liars trying to get money by faking injuries. Nothing like catching a liar on video
fun
Customer Service/Ticketing (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYAugust 26, 2014
exciting adventurous day..its never a dull moment. Like everywhere else it has its ups and downs.. You will definitely learn to hold your composure.
self motivational
Machinist (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: too many too list
work on your feet 8-12 hours a day swing work, with one 30minute break. sitting not allowed
Great Benefits
Ramp (Current Employee), Several locationsAugust 19, 2014
Flight benefits make it hard to leave.

You will not be promoted unless you are willing to move, and ALL careers go through Atlanta.
Productive Place to work
Airport Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), College Park, GAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: less physical job
Cons: mandatory overtime everyday
I check daily e-mails.Send out important data to inform personnel or new safety measures and ideas. Put training classes together. Implement meetings,dispatch correct assingments to co-workers.Log information and data into correct software. Complete daily log.Close any shift memo's and release info and programs of tommorrows data.
Fast pace, fun, hard work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee), San Bruno, CAAugust 16, 2014
Lifting, loading, unloading and helping transport to and from the planes baggage, mail, and cargo up to 200lbs. Participating in Summer Ready Reserve Program. 40 hours/week
Productive and interacting work place
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2014
Ensured the safety and comfort of all passengers. Made sure that we all knew how to work all medical equipment and CPR. Communicated with pilots throughout all phases of flight.
Excellent work atmosphere flight privileges
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: flight benefits healtcare 401k
Cons: there were no cons
Trained by the best staff learned a lot about the airline industry learned compassion to customers and co workers learned about different jets passengers travel on depending on their airport destination learning how to be analytical assertive and accurate on information provided to passengers practicing privacy of all flight information and credit card – more... information providing accurate flight documentation calculation of flight mile rewards learning international currency vs. currency in the United States and their differences. excellent training at help desk which was another one of my duties. – less
Great Staff, Great Crew
Seasonal Ramp Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: flight benefits, ways to excel within the company
Cons: very busy and demanding
I am proud to be a part of Delta Airlines and wear the brand. Delta Airlines is the biggest airline in Atlanta, GA, and Atlanta's airport, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, is the busiest airport in the world. It gets pretty busy on certain days and different seasons. I have more and more respect for ATC, and flight dispatch for how they manage – more... traffic and the busiest airport in the world. Management is typically friendly for the most and gives you a feeling of importance and my co-workers are really easy to get along and distribute the workload and task evenly. We are a team and act as one as well. It is really easy to get hurt on this job as most jobs dealing with transportation and logistics but the people you work around with makes sure that "you" are more important than the machinery. Machines can be replaced and repaired, and you can not. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Delta

Delta Air Lines, Inc. (Delta) is an air carrier that provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo worldwide. – Read more