Delta Lodge at Kananaskis Employee Reviews

average
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABMay 28, 2015
It's busy during busy days, but too slow most of the time. They only give us 4-5 hrs. sometimes, but i learned to be more focus and respect managers decision at all times. Management and being detailed are more concern and co-workers are easy to get with. For me the hardest part working here is being pressured even in busy days knowing that every rooms are messy especially during family check out day but at the end of the day you will still smile because i do everything just like the way i do before i came here in Canada, always prioritize and give your best shot to employer because it's my bread and butter to my family.
Excellent Experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABApril 30, 2015
Great for young adults to gain independence and adapt to a new work environment. Very secluded for someone without a vehicle, but the landscape is amazingly beautiful. I felt fortunate to work with and learn from the other associates in the hotel and I would enjoying working there again.
Pros
Low cost of living, good benefits
Cons
Secluded
Good Benefits
Accounts Receivable & Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  KananaskisMarch 23, 2015
Good Benefits and if you are interested in moving forward with your career there are opportunities available at this particular location.

Hard work and busy over the summer and winter season.
Fun workplace with good outdoor experiences
Banquets Server (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABJanuary 8, 2015
At the Deltalodge at Kananaskis you have a great opportunity to do outdoor activities. The workdays range from short 3 hour days up to 12 hour days when there are many guests. The management is always fair and helps you whenether you need help. The hardest part about this job can be the short time between some of the shifts.
Pros
free food, cheap housing
Waling in a Supervisors shoes in a 412 room hotel
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABAugust 26, 2014
My typical day consists of interacting with staff and guest. There are always curve balls thorn my way, I roll with the punches. I've leaned that working in a 87 room hotel is not that different then working in a 412 room hotel. Each guest has different needs and we need to ensure each guest get the attention they need. The right room for the the right guest at the right price. My co - workers respect me . I enjoy checking guest in getting to know them and learning about them. The hardest part of my job is follow up, and large staff turn over.
Pros
cheep hotels
Cons
very long hours
A great experience I will not forget
buffet tech (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABJuly 31, 2014
Was a interesting experience some will never get a chance to have.
its a eco friendly resort and lots of out door adventure
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABJuly 6, 2014
The culture of the worker since they live with in the vicinity of the workplace they are more close to each other. hardest part of the jobs you need to work long hour during peak season and if you like nature you will love and enjoy the work place,
Pros
free meals
Adventure in the Mountains
Employee Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABMay 20, 2014
When I first applied to the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis (DLAK) I was ecstatic that the position of Employee Experience Representative existed. Beyond believing the job description was written for my personality and skills, I was elated to see a company, especially in a resort setting, committed to employee satisfaction. Despite feeling that I have reached the pinnacle of growth within my position and am looking for a new challenge, I have greatly enjoyed occupying a position that compliments my outgoing and compassionate personality.
Pros
my individuality is encouraged by management
Cons
the line between professional life and home is rather thin
A great place to work, Live the Adventure
First Cook, (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABFebruary 3, 2014
DLAK is in the middle of nowhere, you have to understand that if you are thinking of working there.
There are times when there is plenty going on, and the staff find themselves very social. There are times when it is not like that.
Many people will look to the Hotel to provide occasion for social interaction, and that is honestly something the staff have to do for themselves.
The average person is young and inexperienced, but there are great community leaders there.
I would suggest working there to anyone. I rated it 3/5 because it is the kind of place where its up to you to make it 5 star. You honestly get out of it what you put into it at Kananaskis.
Live the adventure. is their motto, if you only sit in your room and work you will not enjoy yourself. If you love the outdoors, this is paradise.
Pros
location, the people, the annual christmas party
Self-deciding, innovative challenging enviornment.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABJanuary 11, 2014
1. A typical day starts in the evening with Manager's briefing, which helps a lot in smooth outcome of the function.
2. Coagulating your ideas with Manager's for the betterment of the events.
3. Management was open-minded with a good receptive attitude.
4. Co-workers always worked in harmony.
5. The laughter and the easy minded employees made the work place enjoyable.
Challenging job that you can learn a lot.
Front Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABAugust 9, 2013
I am a part of Delta Lodge at Kananaskis as a Front Office Agent. I have 8 hours of work atleast 5-6 days a week. It is pretty challenging job and i have learned a lot from it. Dealing with different types of guest, service providing, patience at work, being pro-active, accommodating, dealing with day to day challenges with grace. I have also worked with people from different countries and different cultures and I have learned so much from these people.
Pros
challenging job.
My home when I arrived Canada
Hotel Housekeeping Room Attendant/ Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, ABMay 20, 2012
Delta is been my family since I arrived here in Canada.I like what I have attained in the last few years. It allows me to work with people in different backgrounds. And build very good friendship that I even consider as my family here. I owe to Delta what I have achieved now. And gives me more opportunities to grow and develop as a better invidual.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
my friends are living

4.2