Delta Lodge at Kananaskis Employee Reviews

Great place, Great Staff
1st Cook (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB19 September 2016
The management at Delta Lodge is the best team of people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. This includes the chefs and my co-workers. Typical day at work I will come in and make sure the line is clean, help out with existing prep list/make new prep list. Check stock for the week and order accordingly. Make sure the line is set up for lunch/dinner. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with. They were all team players and very committed to the job and insuring we were set up for success.
Wow.....just wow
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis Village, AB7 August 2016
I previously worked here for a year, going home in between to bring my partner back to Delta with me. When I left, it was a time where new management stepped in and the hotel became a franchise.

Previous to my departure, it was fantastic! Rent was cheap, we had unlimited meals a day- which meant getting served breakfast, lunch and dinner, it had great employee experience with many advantages, such as skydiving and other activities. You could also pick up shifts in different departments. I made well over what I planned to last year in three months, especially considering I was only a student.

This year, my arrival was terrible. I learned that rent went up in price- you are paying to live in mold and bugs, two meals were taken away...which left you to only one a day (and when you live 45 minutes away from the grocery store, with no car....its not easy to buy food regularly). Besides staff accommodation, my work life was also terrible....the manager looked at me as if I was a joke, putting me down about a work injury that took place. I later on fixed the issue, and reached above and beyond when it came to work. I picked other peoples duties up, whether it was house person or house keeper (myself being a house keeper). Many of the guests loved me and came up to me to thank me, often they mentioned my name to front desk, but never did I hear anything in morning routine, where it is supposed to be said. I sent them fruit platters, or the children stuffed toys, never to get recognized for my work ethics. I would also finish my day earlier to help the others finish their day
  more... on time. Never did I hear a thank you from the upper management.
The manager does really choose favorites in this department. -There is a difference between being a "boss" and being a Leader.
You are also no longer allowed to work in other departments, as they do no want to hand out over-time. I made less than half of what I did last year, and I even had a higher wage this year.
For the year I worked at this hotel....Ive never been so disappointed when they accused me of something insane, and fired me, with no warning.

I am so disgusted how they treat workers here, especially the foreign workers who have sick families and haven't seen them for 2+ years....who were also let go.

This place is disgusting, the owners are terrible and need to realize happy workers means better work ethic. I loved it here once and recommended it to everyone, but its such a disappointment now.

If you plan to work here, count your hours on an app/tracker.....they like to deduct money without notice.
Pros
Beautiful scenery
Cons
The managment
A ghost of it's former self...
Bellman/Valet (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB11 June 2016
I worked as a Bellman for several years when Canadian Pacific owned it, and it was a much different place. I went back for the Christmas season 2014-15 and it was plain to see Delta had run it into the ground...now it's been sold again. Glad I was there for the glory years.
Pros
Cons
No hours, tips..
Delta
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB16 May 2016
This is a very remote location
Residence need updating, they say its in the works
Beautiful Scenery, lots of wildlife living around the residence
Good Health Plan, very extensive after 3 months
Free Meals
Staff activities
average
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB28 May 2015
It's busy during busy days, but too slow most of the time. They only give us 4-5 hrs. sometimes, but i learned to be more focus and respect managers decision at all times. Management and being detailed are more concern and co-workers are easy to get with. For me the hardest part working here is being pressured even in busy days knowing that every rooms are messy especially during family check out day but at the end of the day you will still smile because i do everything just like the way i do before i came here in Canada, always prioritize and give your best shot to employer because it's my bread and butter to my family.
Good Benefits
Accounts Receivable & Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis23 March 2015
Good Benefits and if you are interested in moving forward with your career there are opportunities available at this particular location.

Hard work and busy over the summer and winter season.
Adventure in the Mountains
Employee Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB20 May 2014
When I first applied to the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis (DLAK) I was ecstatic that the position of Employee Experience Representative existed. Beyond believing the job description was written for my personality and skills, I was elated to see a company, especially in a resort setting, committed to employee satisfaction. Despite feeling that I have reached the pinnacle of growth within my position and am looking for a new challenge, I have greatly enjoyed occupying a position that compliments my outgoing and compassionate personality.
Pros
My individuality is encouraged by management
Cons
The line between professional life and home is rather thin
Waling in a Supervisors shoes in a 412 room hotel
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB26 August 2014
My typical day consists of interacting with staff and guest. There are always curve balls thorn my way, I roll with the punches. I've leaned that working in a 87 room hotel is not that different then working in a 412 room hotel. Each guest has different needs and we need to ensure each guest get the attention they need. The right room for the the right guest at the right price. My co - workers respect me . I enjoy checking guest in getting to know them and learning about them. The hardest part of my job is follow up, and large staff turn over.
Pros
Cheep hotels
Cons
Very long hours
Excellent Experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB30 April 2015
Great for young adults to gain independence and adapt to a new work environment. Very secluded for someone without a vehicle, but the landscape is amazingly beautiful. I felt fortunate to work with and learn from the other associates in the hotel and I would enjoying working there again.
Pros
Low cost of living, good benefits
Cons
Secluded
Fun workplace with good outdoor experiences
Banquets Server (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB8 January 2015
At the Deltalodge at Kananaskis you have a great opportunity to do outdoor activities. The workdays range from short 3 hour days up to 12 hour days when there are many guests. The management is always fair and helps you whenether you need help. The hardest part about this job can be the short time between some of the shifts.
Pros
Free Food, Cheap Housing
Challenging job that you can learn a lot.
Front Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB9 August 2013
I am a part of Delta Lodge at Kananaskis as a Front Office Agent. I have 8 hours of work atleast 5-6 days a week. It is pretty challenging job and i have learned a lot from it. Dealing with different types of guest, service providing, patience at work, being pro-active, accommodating, dealing with day to day challenges with grace. I have also worked with people from different countries and different cultures and I have learned so much from these people.
Pros
Challenging job.
Self-deciding, innovative challenging enviornment.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB11 January 2014
1. A typical day starts in the evening with Manager's briefing, which helps a lot in smooth outcome of the function.
2. Coagulating your ideas with Manager's for the betterment of the events.
3. Management was open-minded with a good receptive attitude.
4. Co-workers always worked in harmony.
5. The laughter and the easy minded employees made the work place enjoyable.
My home when I arrived Canada
Hotel Housekeeping Room Attendant/ Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB20 May 2012
Delta is been my family since I arrived here in Canada.I like what I have attained in the last few years. It allows me to work with people in different backgrounds. And build very good friendship that I even consider as my family here. I owe to Delta what I have achieved now. And gives me more opportunities to grow and develop as a better invidual.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
my friends are living
its a eco friendly resort and lots of out door adventure
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB6 July 2014
The culture of the worker since they live with in the vicinity of the workplace they are more close to each other. hardest part of the jobs you need to work long hour during peak season and if you like nature you will love and enjoy the work place,
Pros
free meals
A great place to work, Live the Adventure
First Cook, (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB3 February 2014
DLAK is in the middle of nowhere, you have to understand that if you are thinking of working there.
There are times when there is plenty going on, and the staff find themselves very social. There are times when it is not like that.
Many people will look to the Hotel to provide occasion for social interaction, and that is honestly something the staff have to do for themselves.
The average person is young and inexperienced, but there are great community leaders there.
I would suggest working there to anyone. I rated it 3/5 because it is the kind of place where its up to you to make it 5 star. You honestly get out of it what you put into it at Kananaskis.
Live the adventure. is their motto, if you only sit in your room and work you will not enjoy yourself. If you love the outdoors, this is paradise.
Pros
Location, the people, the annual Christmas party
Demi Chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB3 August 2015
Great place and Great people. Set in the rockie mountains, the place gets pretty hectic sometimes, had the pleasure of working with some of the greatest people
A great experience I will not forget
buffet tech (Former Employee) –  Kananaskis, AB31 July 2014
Was a interesting experience some will never get a chance to have.

Delta Lodge at Kananaskis Reviews by Location