Position: Guest Services Agent (Part Time)
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
Creates a memorable experience for each guest by ensuring guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest.
- Contribute to overall vision, mission, values, strategic goals, initiatives and objectives with a true visionary approach
- Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using upselling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; becomes informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift.
- Checks guests out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to guest requests promptly; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Books guest reservations or coordinates with reservation center.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Issues, controls and releases guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- Note: Employee will abide by the specific performance standards for their department as communicated to them by their manager.
Education/ Experience: University or College degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management/ Business Administration an asset but not required, previous experience in a Hotel Front Office.
Certification and/or License Requirement: G-Class drivers license is an asset but not required.
- Leadership skills, Interpersonal communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem Solving, Planning and organizational ability, and Customer service
- Will be required to work days, nights, weekends and holidays. Available to work night shift an asset.
- Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
- May be asked to work overtime
Indeed - 19 months ago
Located in the centre of the Technology Triangle, Kitchener is famous for more than its Germanic roots and annual Oktoberfest. Owned by...