Delta Hotels Employee Reviews in Canada

Wasn't really my favorite job. I just did it because I needed one...
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 7, 2016
Same role day in and day out. Management often understaffed. each team expecting more from less. Coworkers were amazing really. Its the people that make you stick around even if you aren't fully invested. Multi Tasking doing the job of 3 people.
Pros
Food all the time
Cons
lack of staffing. seemed Management only cared about the budget
Fun everybody is friendly, you meet diffferent kind of people everyday
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Rd. TorontoApril 26, 2016
Working at Delta Hotel and Resort is fun and physically challenging since I'm in Housekeeping department. Everyday is a challenge not only with the rooms you have for the day but as well as the guests you met. Its a diverse culture since you meet different people and culture. At the end of the day cleaning the dirtiest room is the hardest, but best part is having it perfected for your guest to call it home away from home.
Pros
Free lunch, drinks and snacks
Cons
Physically challenging
A great place to work
Banquet Server/Bartender & Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 11, 2016
l loved working for Delta because it was fun as well as challenging. l was made to felt appreciated, my opinion mattered & l was given the opportunity to work in another department so l could advance in the Hotel.
Pros
Every member of the company was made to feel important & appreciated
Cons
Missing family events because couldn't get time off.
Decent place to work
2nd Cook (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 2, 2016
The management requires you to work like a dog. yet they won't lend a hand to help. The pay is ridiculously small. The coworkers are good people to work with. Very stressful place to work
Learning With Fun and Guest Interaction
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the Internship was interacting with various guests from different backgrounds, I not only learned the various workings of the front desk but also The Concierge and the bell desk. My experience was fun while I learned.
Staff are great..little room for advancement
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2015
I worked for the front office for 4.5 yrs and got nowhere. I loved the people I worked with and some of the lower level managers, however, the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) was lacking in the Cultural Values of the brand. Opportunities for advancement were very few and far between. A person could over exceed expectations but there is no appreciation for it from any level of management. It is Expected of you. I did receive lots of training which prepared me to move on from the brand.
Pros
Great staff, meals provided at low cost per shift
Cons
Management not living up to Values. Extended shifts little benefit
An overall good four star hotel that always strive to do more for the guest and the hotel and its owners and staff.
Room Attendant, Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Initial training was very good, detailed and informative. On the job training too was timely and effective.
A typical day at work covered doing 16 rooms per day. We learned how to work thorough and quickly and learning how to engage the guest and exceeding their expectations.
Management gave us all the tools to work with making it easier for us inclusive of color coordinating cleaning rags to chemicals, to name a few. We also got the opportunity to cross train in other areas such as public areas and laundry to name a few.
Co-workers were encouraged to assist the newer ones who might take a longer time to finish their rooms. We also had incentives to make our jobs fun while doing it.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning rooms with game teams such as hockey, soccer tournament teams which would challenge our allotted time to do one room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the guests were happy with their rooms, the service and their stay based on our input.
Pros
Our gym away from the gym
Cons
Could encourage more working experience within Delta at other locations
Great Work Place
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 19, 2016
Love the delta it is a great place to work! My co workers are great, i love everything about the hotel benefits are awesome i have nothing bad to say about the delta!
Pros
Hotel deals
Cons
On your feet alot
100% best employer in Canada!
Sr. Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 13, 2016
It was always a pleasure to work with and create professional relationships with my co-workers at Delta Hotels & Resorts.
Excellent team environment.
CREDIT MANAGER - contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day is about customer service and everyone works together on meeting the clients requests. Environment is one of learning and collaboration.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Offices underground
productive work place that cares about the customers
3rd Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
You are fully responsible for the station you are working, food preparation and cooking. It was great to learn how to work in a large kitchen. The company was undergoing new management. The staff had a wide range of knowledge and are easy to work with.
It was good
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2015
The management is really awesome at Delta. Once a month they have a board meeting, and I found them very effective. The co workers were also very friendly, and everyone got along very well.
productive
Food Service Associate (MSC Agency) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
Food service associates is in the whole process of the hotel and restaurant day to day activities and operation. We occupy one of the vital or important role of the hotel and restaurant by means of safeguarding all the materials needed in the dining and kitchen areas. With the motto "clean and fast" we make it sure that every task given in scheduled time is accomplished in an excellent way.
Pros
free meal
Cons
less or short working hours
Slowly going downhill
Worker (Former Employee) –  GTAApril 9, 2013
As more Deltas are purchase and franchised under Westmont Hospitality group they are losing exceptional, qualified staff.
Staff are overworked, used, treated like cattle. They swoop in, don't pay for renovations, lay off top staff and expect the rest left to pick up the lose ends. The burn out rate is so high, and parts of the benefits are being dropped without any notice, until you need that service.
This is not a company to work for any longer, everyone is looking to other brands to continue on with their career. Nice going Westmont
Pros
family is hired first
Productive but challenging workplace
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
Welcoming workplace and colleagues. Within few months,my skills have outgrown,and enhances my knowledge in different areas related to work and co-workers. Its always been busy,but i enjoyed it!
Pros
free meal and supportive colleagues
Cons
no permanent working schedules
Could take pride in working for this company, high standards in health and safety, employee moral and team building
Rooms Quality Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2012
Overall, Delta Hotel is a very organized, respectful place to work. Guest satisfaction was always top priority and employees were always encouraged to use own initiative to ensure guest's comfort and happiness. Great benefits offered to employees, and moral always important to management.
Pros
discount on rooms
Cons
if heavy workload, no extra time granted
Good Company
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 15, 2015
the company itself is great to work for, the co-workers are awesome.
Management is VERY approachable - some of the most approachable people I've ever met work there. I can't say enough good about the people to give them justice.

BUT - the hours you work aren't so great. If you honestly don't care what time of day you work, or what days off you have, working holidays, and are very, very flexible to trade with anyone at any time, you'll probably really enjoy it there.
I found it hard to have a life outside of work if you don't switch departments immediately. If you have outside of work commitments, it can be quite difficult to find a work-life balance. If you are on a flex schedule, your schedule can change at the drop of a hat (more and less hours and shift time changes)
if you are on the picked-schedule, your hours are pretty much set but it is very difficult to get a desired shift and days off. There is little turn-around there so you will catch yourself on the night shift (working weekends) for a long time. (there are more late shift spots than there are people who want to work them and seek them out, so don't let that statement mislead you)
Advancement is slow, but they'll showcase fast ladder climbers.

I really enjoyed working there - though it is typical call center work with the same statistical requirements as any other call center - talk time, revenue and booking percentages.
Pros
co-workers.
Cons
work hours.
Night Shift Position - Charlottetown
Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEIMarch 16, 2015
If this is an example of a "Top Company in Canada" then we are in BIG trouble. I know it's easy to dismiss the words of a formal employee as sour grapes, but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Perhaps other locations have a better management group, but here in Ch'town, not so much. They have replaced over 16 maintenance employees in the past 3 years. I was docked a days pay for being stranded at home in a snow storm and missing my shift, despite calling in. I was dismissed without notice despite having an above average 90 day review. My safety concerns to management were ignored completely. The culture is one of "do as you are told and don't ask questions". My training was abysmal despite being responsible for the entire building. Pay $13 / hour was the going rate, pathetic even for the island. My suggestion to Marriott is to clean house!
Pros
yes, inexpensive meals & parking
Cons
low pay, low morale, insufficient training, ineffective management
from full time to casual
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  ottawa, onNovember 23, 2013
There is so much senority that they cannot guarantee you the hours. I was hired full time but only worked 4 weeks of full time hours , then was told it's not busy so we have no hours so you (me) will be on call. On call?????????? i was supposedly hired full time NOT casual and i loose my benefits??? How anyone can live or earn a living this way is beyond me. I wouldn't recommend employment in Delta hotels in ottawa
Pros
great wage
Cons
no hours
helpful and friendly team mambers
Culinary Assistant/Steward (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEAugust 29, 2015
I really enjoy the work in Delta
I had a wonderful days with team members
good relationship with team, friendly and helpful
Pros
30 minnutes paid and free Lunch
Cons
lack of hour in winter