Delta Hotels

Delta Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
helpful and friendly team mambers
Culinary Assistant/Steward (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEAugust 29, 2015
Pros: 30 minnutes paid and free Lunch
Cons: lack of hour in winter
I really enjoy the work in Delta
I had a wonderful days with team members
good relationship with team, friendly and helpful
Great location to meet a lot of new people
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 16, 2015
I come into work and I get to work some pretty great people and I get to have some interesting conversations with people from all over the world.
Staff are great..little room for advancement
Front Office (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great staff, meals provided at low cost per shift
Cons: Management not living up to Values. Extended shifts little benefit
I worked for the front office for 4.5 yrs and got nowhere. I loved the people I worked with and some of the lower level managers, however, the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) was lacking in the Cultural Values of the brand. Opportunities for advancement were very few and far between. A person could over exceed expectations but there is no appreciation for it from any level of management. It is Expected of you. I did receive lots of training which prepared me to move on from the brand.
Difficult for many.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMay 15, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: horrible shifts
The hardest part was having to do room after room with no break . The job was exaushing and the shifts were terrible. It was a job not meant for someone my age to be working there the expectations are high for kids. They should only hire adults.
Night Shift Position - Charlottetown
Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: yes, inexpensive meals & parking
Cons: low pay, low morale, insufficient training, ineffective management
If this is an example of a "Top Company in Canada" then we are in BIG trouble. I know it's easy to dismiss the words of a formal employee as sour grapes, but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Perhaps other locations have a better management group, but here in Ch'town, not so much. They have replaced over 16 maintenance employees in the past 3 years. I was docked a days pay for being stranded at home in a snow storm and missing my shift, despite calling in. I was dismissed without notice despite having an above average 90 day review. My safety concerns to management were ignored completely. The culture is one of "do as you are told and don't ask questions". My training was abysmal despite being responsible for the entire building. Pay $13 / hour was the going rate, pathetic even for the island. My suggestion to Marriott is to clean house!
Good Company
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 15, 2015
Pros: co-workers.
Cons: work hours.
the company itself is great to work for, the co-workers are awesome.
Management is VERY approachable - some of the most approachable people I've ever met work there. I can't say enough good about the people to give them justice.

BUT - the hours you work aren't so great. If you honestly don't care what time of day you work, or what days off you have, working holidays, and are very, very flexible to trade with anyone at any time, you'll probably really enjoy it there.
I found it hard to have a life outside of work if you don't switch departments immediately. If you have outside of work commitments, it can be quite difficult to find a work-life balance. If you are on a flex schedule, your schedule can change at the drop of a hat (more and less hours and shift time changes)
if you are on the picked-schedule, your hours are pretty much set but it is very difficult to get a desired shift and days off. There is little turn-around there so you will catch yourself on the night shift (working weekends) for a long time. (there are more late shift spots than there are people who want to work them and seek them out, so don't let that statement mislead you)
Advancement is slow, but they'll showcase fast ladder climbers.

I really enjoyed working there - though it is typical call center work with the same statistical requirements as any other call center - talk time, revenue and booking percentages.
Great culture to work and be part of
Infrastructure Support Specialist/Project Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great culture to work and be part of
Delta Hotels is a people first organization- from it's customers, business partners, and employees. From top down all employees are treated well and given every opportunity to thrive and grow.
very good company to work for
Lead Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: usually working grave yard shift
Worked in teams to serve multiple functions, and dealt with different types of customers

Management was good at rotating roles and assigning jobs

co-workers were very good with each other

hardest part of this job was getting by the dinner service which required each of us servers to serve with the utmost efficiency and precision

the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to different people and working in teams
Staff were friendly and easy to work with
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: tips were nice
Cons: long/hot days
getting carts and checking for all supplies needed was the most important part of the work day
enjoy meeting people from different countries
Clean linen wasn't always available had to wait sometimes
Best place I ever worked for
Line and Banquet Cook/ Saucier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good posative environment, a family type environment, always room for advancement
Cons: my wage, but again, theres lots of room for advancement
I would get to work nice and early and do the best I could. We often times did a lot of high end large scale banquets and I loved my job more than I had ever realised after I left.
great
Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 24, 2014
Identified Hazards withing the work place
Update Emergency Procedures
Developed and Implemented Safe work practices and procedures
Productive, fun work place
Second Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed working here, the people I worked with were great, and the environment was fast-paced and very enjoyable. I would assist the chef in cooking all types of food. We would do weekly clean up of the entire kitchen, to make sure everything was up to health standards.
Banquet serving is a nightmare, complete chaos...!
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Regina, SK.July 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes a free lunch, at least something to eat, some commission
Cons: long weekend hours, bullies, language barriers, no empathy for being tired or sore, slave-driving
Working long hours, mostly on weekends until 2am. Having no space to work in the kitchen, up stairs or downstairs, and a very small banquet area that is packed tight with people. Very confusing as many different languages are spoken and some people do not even know english! Very ungrateful, aggravating and bossy management.
Extremely hard on the body, as you are expected to carry huge trays and never stop moving...
working for an hotel
Full time (FREDERICTON) (Former Employee), fredericton nbApril 2, 2014
it was fun, the friends were awesome and they are still are. we had gifts from other hotels.
The people are great to work with
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: unionized
Cons: long hours
A great work environment. Team work, Organized and fun.

Respect for management, Lifitng and bending.
driving all day
cook (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long hrs
got to meet good people all day,money was up and down,you got paid on a daily basis depending how busy you were,,,,,,
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 5, 2013
Fun and inviting atmosphere to be apart of.
It started with a very stressful early morning, but once you got use to it, it was a blast.
management was rather lazy
and the co-workers didn't seem to care much about their jobs.
The hardest part of the job, was the addition of the new manger.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I got to interact with a verity of people from all over the world.
Full of bullies
Former employee (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours and a lot of stress
This is a hotel were you can easily find bully and harrasment at the workplace. Managers are mostly arrogants and sel-fish. Everything is "good" when it's convenient for them.
Overloaded in work and not really teamplayers.
from full time to casual
housekeeping (Former Employee), ottawa, onNovember 23, 2013
Pros: great wage
Cons: no hours
There is so much senority that they cannot guarantee you the hours. I was hired full time but only worked 4 weeks of full time hours , then was told it's not busy so we have no hours so you (me) will be on call. On call?????????? i was supposedly hired full time NOT casual and i loose my benefits??? How anyone can live or earn a living this way is beyond me. I wouldn't recommend employment in Delta hotels in ottawa
Fun workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: get to see live entertainment, discounts at hotels
Cons: working nights
I enjoy working at the delta because of my co workers. They make work enjoyable and fun.