Delta Hotels Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun everybody is friendly, you meet diffferent kind of people everyday
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Rd. TorontoApril 26, 2016
Working at Delta Hotel and Resort is fun and physically challenging since I'm in Housekeeping department. Everyday is a challenge not only with the rooms you have for the day but as well as the guests you met. Its a diverse culture since you meet different people and culture. At the end of the day cleaning the dirtiest room is the hardest, but best part is having it perfected for your guest to call it home away from home.
Pros
Free lunch, drinks and snacks
Cons
Physically challenging
A great place to work
Banquet Server/Bartender & Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 11, 2016
l loved working for Delta because it was fun as well as challenging. l was made to felt appreciated, my opinion mattered & l was given the opportunity to work in another department so l could advance in the Hotel.
Pros
Every member of the company was made to feel important & appreciated
Cons
Missing family events because couldn't get time off.
Wasn't really my favorite job. I just did it because I needed one...
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 7, 2016
Same role day in and day out. Management often understaffed. each team expecting more from less. Coworkers were amazing really. Its the people that make you stick around even if you aren't fully invested. Multi Tasking doing the job of 3 people.
Pros
Food all the time
Cons
lack of staffing. seemed Management only cared about the budget
Learning With Fun and Guest Interaction
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the Internship was interacting with various guests from different backgrounds, I not only learned the various workings of the front desk but also The Concierge and the bell desk. My experience was fun while I learned.
productive
Food Service Associate (MSC Agency) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
Food service associates is in the whole process of the hotel and restaurant day to day activities and operation. We occupy one of the vital or important role of the hotel and restaurant by means of safeguarding all the materials needed in the dining and kitchen areas. With the motto "clean and fast" we make it sure that every task given in scheduled time is accomplished in an excellent way.
Pros
free meal
Cons
less or short working hours
Great Work Place
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 19, 2016
Love the delta it is a great place to work! My co workers are great, i love everything about the hotel benefits are awesome i have nothing bad to say about the delta!
Pros
Hotel deals
Cons
On your feet alot
Excellent team environment.
CREDIT MANAGER - contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day is about customer service and everyone works together on meeting the clients requests. Environment is one of learning and collaboration.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Offices underground
100% best employer in Canada!
Sr. Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 13, 2016
It was always a pleasure to work with and create professional relationships with my co-workers at Delta Hotels & Resorts.
Decent place to work
2nd Cook (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 2, 2016
The management requires you to work like a dog. yet they won't lend a hand to help. The pay is ridiculously small. The coworkers are good people to work with. Very stressful place to work
productive work place that cares about the customers
3rd Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2015
You are fully responsible for the station you are working, food preparation and cooking. It was great to learn how to work in a large kitchen. The company was undergoing new management. The staff had a wide range of knowledge and are easy to work with.
Productive but challenging workplace
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
Welcoming workplace and colleagues. Within few months,my skills have outgrown,and enhances my knowledge in different areas related to work and co-workers. Its always been busy,but i enjoyed it!
Pros
free meal and supportive colleagues
Cons
no permanent working schedules
It was good
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2015
The management is really awesome at Delta. Once a month they have a board meeting, and I found them very effective. The co workers were also very friendly, and everyone got along very well.
Staff are great..little room for advancement
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2015
I worked for the front office for 4.5 yrs and got nowhere. I loved the people I worked with and some of the lower level managers, however, the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) was lacking in the Cultural Values of the brand. Opportunities for advancement were very few and far between. A person could over exceed expectations but there is no appreciation for it from any level of management. It is Expected of you. I did receive lots of training which prepared me to move on from the brand.
Pros
Great staff, meals provided at low cost per shift
Cons
Management not living up to Values. Extended shifts little benefit
helpful and friendly team mambers
Culinary Assistant/Steward (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEAugust 29, 2015
I really enjoy the work in Delta
I had a wonderful days with team members
good relationship with team, friendly and helpful
Pros
30 minnutes paid and free Lunch
Cons
lack of hour in winter
Great location to meet a lot of new people
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 16, 2015
I come into work and I get to work some pretty great people and I get to have some interesting conversations with people from all over the world.
An overall good four star hotel that always strive to do more for the guest and the hotel and its owners and staff.
Room Attendant, Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Initial training was very good, detailed and informative. On the job training too was timely and effective.
A typical day at work covered doing 16 rooms per day. We learned how to work thorough and quickly and learning how to engage the guest and exceeding their expectations.
Management gave us all the tools to work with making it easier for us inclusive of color coordinating cleaning rags to chemicals, to name a few. We also got the opportunity to cross train in other areas such as public areas and laundry to name a few.
Co-workers were encouraged to assist the newer ones who might take a longer time to finish their rooms. We also had incentives to make our jobs fun while doing it.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning rooms with game teams such as hockey, soccer tournament teams which would challenge our allotted time to do one room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the guests were happy with their rooms, the service and their stay based on our input.
Pros
Our gym away from the gym
Cons
Could encourage more working experience within Delta at other locations
Difficult for many.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 15, 2015
The hardest part was having to do room after room with no break . The job was exaushing and the shifts were terrible. It was a job not meant for someone my age to be working there the expectations are high for kids. They should only hire adults.
Pros
free food
Cons
horrible shifts
very good company to work for
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Worked in teams to serve multiple functions, and dealt with different types of customers

Management was good at rotating roles and assigning jobs

co-workers were very good with each other

hardest part of this job was getting by the dinner service which required each of us servers to serve with the utmost efficiency and precision

the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to different people and working in teams
Pros
free dinner
Cons
usually working grave yard shift
Great culture to work and be part of
Infrastructure Support Specialist/Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Delta Hotels is a people first organization- from it's customers, business partners, and employees. From top down all employees are treated well and given every opportunity to thrive and grow.
Pros
great culture to work and be part of
Night Shift Position - Charlottetown
Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEIMarch 16, 2015
If this is an example of a "Top Company in Canada" then we are in BIG trouble. I know it's easy to dismiss the words of a formal employee as sour grapes, but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Perhaps other locations have a better management group, but here in Ch'town, not so much. They have replaced over 16 maintenance employees in the past 3 years. I was docked a days pay for being stranded at home in a snow storm and missing my shift, despite calling in. I was dismissed without notice despite having an above average 90 day review. My safety concerns to management were ignored completely. The culture is one of "do as you are told and don't ask questions". My training was abysmal despite being responsible for the entire building. Pay $13 / hour was the going rate, pathetic even for the island. My suggestion to Marriott is to clean house!
Pros
yes, inexpensive meals & parking
Cons
low pay, low morale, insufficient training, ineffective management