Delta Hotels Employee Review

View all Delta Hotels reviews

Banquet serving is a nightmare, complete chaos...!
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK.9 July 2014
Working long hours, mostly on weekends until 2am. Having no space to work in the kitchen, up stairs or downstairs, and a very small banquet area that is packed tight with people. Very confusing as many different languages are spoken and some people do not even know english! Very ungrateful, aggravating and bossy management.
Extremely hard on the body, as you are expected to carry huge trays and never stop moving...
Pros
Sometimes a free lunch, at least something to eat, some commission
Cons
Long weekend hours, bullies, language barriers, no empathy for being tired or sore, slave-driving

Other Delta Hotels Employee Reviews

Poor Management, unpredictable hours, cliquey staff
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 February 2018
My time at the Delta was a very negative experience.
The management was very hard to contact and did not attempt to make connections with staff (after 5 months my manager still called me by the wrong name)

Did not respect my availability and had no regard for my position being PART TIME.

Other staff were very cliquey and rude, did not try to incorporate new coworkers
Pros
Good food
Cons
bad management, bad coworkers
Dynamic environment
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
No two days are the same, which is something I loved about the job. There is always something new or different to handle. Great people and the common goal to make guests happy made it a fun place to be.